Tators BBQ car show was great BUT......

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tators BBQ car show was great BUT.... the ride up the Northway was fantastic. The Albany group meet up with about 20 other Vipers at exit 24 of the thruway and then we all headed up to the car show. We maintained the legal speed limit for about the first 1/2 mile or so ( i was impressed with that ) then all hell broke loose. Vipers went flying up the Northway sometimes 4 wide! ( thanks Dutch!) What an exhilarating ride!! If you've never driven together with a great bunch of fellow Viper owners its something you really must experience! The feeling and the site of all those great cars together at one time showed on the faces of all the occupants as they pulled along side, everybody had this giant you know what eatin grin on their faces. I wonder what it was like to be one of the unsuspecting people in one of the cars we past. What a rush that must have been to have 25 Vipers go blastng past you! We were lucky enough not to encounter any law enforcement which I any very grateful for.After that adrenaline rush ride the show was a little anticlimactic but I had a great time. It was nice to meet a lot of people who I only knew from their screen name on this site. It was nice to put a face with the name. Looking forward the the next event and all you great Viper people!!

Bo knows !

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Bo! Great times, good meeting you, thanks for the shirt;) . I posted some pics in the general BBQ thread, but here are the pics to describe what Bo was talking about from that cruise to the show....
841371492207_0_BG.jpg

308351492207_0_BG.jpg

641371492207_0_BG.jpg

721371492207_0_BG.jpg

681371492207_0_BG.jpg

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed meeting all of you on the run up, I hung out a little too long at the New Baltimore service center and I think because of the weather there wasn't anyone there. Wished we could have been part of the last 10 miles of high-speed fun!!

Guys, that was an amazing collection of Vipers, I know we made a huge impression on the crowd there.

This was my first time at this show and I will definitely make every effort to show up next year too!!

Do we call this meeting Tators BBQ because on different grounds we would have been able to do our own BBQ? I'm sure that with the contracted food vendors present we were probably not allowed to BBQ; right?

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the best part of the get togethers...the driving !!!

Darn Right--That was the MOST :omg: exhiliarating drive we've EVER had in the Viper so far--and as always--Dutch/Dan-MAN YOU ARE NUTS!!!! :cool: As Bo said, the drive was by far the best part of the whole day, then seeing all the various Vipers from Canada to CT/MA/NJ/NYC, etc....to see each Viper that is so different than the other--truly amazing. A day I certainly will never forget! A HUGE thank you to Chuck for organizing this, and absolutely GREAT to have met you all, especially at the truck stop! ;) ;) ;) ;) Who'd also have figured on sunburn????? ~juli~
ViperJames--thank you for posting your driving-up pictures, wish I'd have done that!! GREAT meeting you.

OP
OP
B

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper james first picture really sums it up, And Plum is right. The best part of the get togethers is the driving, now Bo knows!

Bo

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bo--Hope you got your pictures okay--now you can post your awesome Red Viper on your avatar!!! Email back if you got the pics, and if you want more...thanx for the black t-shirts--was great to see you again-Tony, too!! ~juli~