Team Tech 6pt Help

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have installed all my eye bolts and was ready to jump in and start adjusting... Now three frustrations in order of aggravation…

First problem how do you get the top clips clip thru the seat openings?? I suppose I could force it or cut some plastic however I am beginning to wonder if this is the correct harness.

Second these harnesses seem to have a LOT of excess strap material once adjusted even close to my final adjustment. Any recommendations on what to do with this? I thought of maybe cutting them and having the loop stitched back on.

Third, I have read, looked and searched and have yet to see the 6pt crotch straps shown in an actual picture. However I am understanding that you basically clip these on the same anchor as the lap belt sit on the straps and loop then between your legs to clip in; correct??

Thanks for any input!

Reaction score
The straps will go through the seat openings if you fold it over and push through at an angle (kinda like a folded triangle. The tallest part has to be toward the inner most side of each hole.

There should not be that much extra strap if these were ordered for a Viper from Team Tech.

Yes you can attach the sub strap to the same eye bolts as the lap belt but they are very snug. Team Tech actually offers a mounting bar for these if your supplier new to order it. The bar is more money but the mounting is much easier and probably safer since it pulls more forward. The straps come up between the seat back and the seat bottom and you sit on them all the time.

Hope that helps.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer some of your questions about the belts I can tell you what I did.

To get the belt through the opening of the seat I "unlaced" the belt from the metal part, passed it through and relaced.

I have lots of excess webbing after adjusting the shoulder straps.

In your third point you are 100% correct. Same attach point as the laps sit on the crotch strap pass it between your legs and clip in...

To make the car look neater, I bought another set of the plastic covers that go over the the shoulder belt mount points carefully carved them enough for the strap to go through and snapped them into place. I also carefully folded the extra strap material and wrapped a piece of color coordinating velcro around the folded area to keep it neat.
I bought mine from Team Tech for a Viper and it came with the excess material.

hope this helps.
Steve A.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang