TeamTech 6-point Harness Install - Need help ASAP

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the harness this weekend but no instructions came with it. This harness kit is specifically designed for the Gen V, but I believe it's mostly the same as Gen III/IV. If anyone's done this, I would greatly appreciate your help. I figured out how to install the shoulder belts, so that's done. I used the shorter eye bolts and lock washers.

I've got the submarine belts through the slots in seat bottom, but am not sure about how to secure them. The kit comes with a submarine bar that mounts across the two rear seat mounting studs. I would think that the "V" of the bar points towards the front of the car. I'm assuming I mount the submarine belts to it, as you would a shoulder belt to a roll bar, is this correct? So I would remove the attachment brackets/clips that came on the ends of the submarine belts, and wrap the belts around the bar. Does this all sound correct to you?

As for the lap belts, I know they mount to the transmission tunnel and the interior rocker by the side pipe. I'm assuming the two long eye bolts and lock washers are used for these? Do these install in the same fashion as a Gen III Viper? Do I need to remove the seat to install them? I saw a write-up on how someone found the two mounting points and cut the carpet to install the bolts. This one I'm the most confused about.

This is my Sunday project to install them, hoping to get it done so I'm ready for Buttonwillow Raceway next weekend. Any help you an give me today would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd
408-391-1379

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V in the submarine bar as you refer to it goes to the rear to keep the crotch belts spread apart. I got this from Kurt TUck from Team Tech just yesterday at the PRI show in INDY.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. So I think I've got it mostly figured out, thanks to Bushido, Nambo and Jon B. 5 out of 6 are almost done. Taking a break to go to a party. Tonight I'll see if I can get the lap belt in the transmission tunnel done.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Venon V,
How did the belts work out? Could you snap a few pictures of the install? Thanks.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Bruce,

It was a challenge to install but it worked well on the track. It integrates seamlessly with the Sabelt seats and factory mounting points. I used a Necksgen head and neck restraint with it as well comfortable and easy to attach and remove. Once on the track I am not aware that I have them on.

I can't post pics on this site, I must have exceeded the limit. I did a write up on the new forum, just search "Teamtech."

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can "enthusiasts" post pictures.

Hi Bruce,

It was a challenge to install but it worked well on the track. It integrates seamlessly with the Sabelt seats and factory mounting points. I used a Necksgen head and neck restraint with it as well comfortable and easy to attach and remove. Once on the track I am not aware that I have them on.

I can't post pics on this site, I must have exceeded the limit. I did a write up on the new forum, just search "Teamtech."

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The site limit direct uploads to preserve space on their servers, so the best way to post pictures is to upload the pictures to a photo hosting site like www.flicker.com and then click on the picture icon, but be sure to click on the From URL tab, then uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", and paste the link of the photo's location. The picture of my ACR below is being hosted on flicker.com and won't take up any space on this web site's server.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

Clean out your inbox, LOL. I tried to send you a PM a couple of times but it's full.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

Clean out your inbox, LOL. I tried to send you a PM a couple of times but it's full.

I removed 100 private messages 2 days ago and my CP shows only 50 messages in my inbox, but still not getting messages. There may be something to do with the web site having my information cached. But you could email me at [email protected]