tested my new corsa's today

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tested my new corsa\'s today

Well I took my car out for a spin today, and the corsa's sound really good and NO DRONE :) at WOT the corsa's wake up and scream get the hell out of my way. Got home and checked the tips and they expanded nicely without touching the sills. Other's have noticed side sill heat was reduced with the new exhaust, I how ever feel the sill heat has not changed, certain spot's are hotter than other spots on the sills.with the touch of my hand. But all in all I am happy, I have the 3 inch RT high flows and 3 inch corsa track. Thanks JonB from parts rack :) :D

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: tested my new corsa\'s today

Well I took my car out for a spin today, and the corsa's sound really good and NO DRONE :) at WOT the corsa's wake up and scream get the hell out of my way.

Cool. I liked that about the track - no drone...it's loud but no drone.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yea, nuce thing about Corsa, NO drone in my opinion. Its funny though,I had same setup as you and noticed a big difference in the heat issue. Well have fun scaring people as you blow by them.It wakes people up.haha

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Me too. big difference in heat. No matter what after sitting for a while following a spirited run, the exhaust will heat soak and heat up the sills. Start driving agian and it is gone.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Me too. big difference in heat. No matter what after sitting for a while following a spirited run, the exhaust will heat soak and heat up the sills. Start driving agian and it is gone.

That's actually what I am experienceing, I just went to the grocery store 30 miles 1 way and 30 miles back. My Lady friend is not happy since there is a grocery store about 1/2 mile away :) Plus she wanted a ice cream sandwich which I forgot. But anyway's I touched the sills and they are warm to the touch, I went to the grocery store again this time for Icecream sandwhiches and I got home I went and touched the sills and now they are HOT!!!!!!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Me too. big difference in heat. No matter what after sitting for a while following a spirited run, the exhaust will heat soak and heat up the sills. Start driving again and it is gone.

Good point here regarding heat soak from sitting. I installed a set of 2" stainless steel boat locker vents in the front of the side sill behind the front wheel so that it lets cool air flow into the side sills. It makes a huge difference. All that was needed is the vent, a hole saw and 4 Tek screws for each side. The vents came from BoatUS. You can get them from West, Defender, or any marine supply.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great Twin-Glad you like it

My corsa track with stock cats only get hot in slow moving traffic and when my Viper sets. I did like Robbie said and had venting put in fender liner and large hole cut out in the metal located in back of liner. This does help.

Twin--hope you can find the weather to get a sound clip. How does it sound at idle.

My viper sounds pretty throaty and shakes a lot at idle and will pop a lot when I let off(i like this). It sounds good but I will go with the HF's in the spring.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great Twin-Glad you like it

My corsa track with stock cats only get hot in slow moving traffic and when my Viper sets. I did like Robbie said and had venting put in fender liner and large hole cut out in the metal located in back of liner. This does help.

Twin--hope you can find the weather to get a sound clip. How does it sound at idle.

My viper sounds pretty throaty and shakes a lot at idle and will pop a lot when I let off(i like this). It sounds good but I will go with the HF's in the spring.

my car idle's with a nice throaty rumble, and has a nice decel pop. Go here and click the first vid, the copperhead in the vid has the identical setup as me.
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat...true#Post773859

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

in the link you posted the car has no cats.

This vid the car had the same setup as you...got a few more if you'd like to see them.
You must be registered for see images attach

DC Performance also has a few things to deal with heat issues. I didn't see it listed on the site but I'm pretty sure they make a vent kit for the SRT-10/Comp Coupe...or you could make your own.
http://www.dcperformanceinc.com/Nav.aspx/Page=%2fPageManager%2fDefault.aspx%2fPageID%3d322924

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

in the link you posted the car has no cats.

This vid the car had the same setup as you...got a few more if you'd like to see them.

ooops thanks for the fix

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ILLSMOQ-little more throaty at idle but louder under wot than my set up.

What tires are you using on that set up.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not my car..it's MikeR's car. Yeah Rrandom Techs over stock cats gets you a little more of everything.

stock run flats

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yea, thats my Copperhead. The vid recently posted of the fly bys was Corsa track and NO cats. The vid above of me getting sideways out of the driveway was when I had Corsa and RT cats.

The Corsa,with stock cats or with RT cats has a nice noticeable rumble. Sounds very good. The Corsa with NO cats sounds good too,but is very loud. My ears hurt a lttle more with windows down now. There is noticeable increase in power both on dyno and seat of pants without cats. So I'll sacrafice some hearing for more ponies and the wow look from peoples face when I go by. But at very least ,just having Corsa track on car makes the Viper sound the way it should have from the factory. My .02
Mike

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, thats my Copperhead. The vid recently posted of the fly bys was Corsa track and NO cats. The vid above of me getting sideways out of the driveway was when I had Corsa and RT cats.

The Corsa,with stock cats or with RT cats has a nice noticeable rumble. Sounds very good. The Corsa with NO cats sounds good too,but is very loud. My ears hurt a lttle more with windows down now. There is noticeable increase in power both on dyno and seat of pants without cats. So I'll sacrafice some hearing for more ponies and the wow look from peoples face when I go by. But at very least ,just having Corsa track on car makes the Viper sound the way it should have from the factory. My .02
Mike

do you have the famous smell with no cats, I am keeping the RT's on my car do to emissions here in Utah, unless you know of a way to get past the sniffers I would like to go catless aswell

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Unfortunately, the smell is there. Its not so bad. Once in awhile in traffic I'll get a wiff with windows down. But it isnt terrible. Even my girlfriend noticed it but doesnt mind. We also have tough laws here in California,so I'll have to make special arrangements come smog time,but thats 4 years away.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately, the smell is there. Its not so bad. Once in awhile in traffic I'll get a wiff with windows down. But it isnt terrible. Even my girlfriend noticed it but doesnt mind. We also have tough laws here in California,so I'll have to make special arrangements come smog time,but thats 4 years away.

every 4 years I could handle that, here in Utah its every year :(

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What so good about me going to no cats is I am hard of hearing in fact I wear hearing aids. So Just take the aids out.

One of my close friends sells hearing aids and for some reason he is really pushing me to go catless. ;)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

What so good about me going to no cats is I am hard of hearing in fact I wear hearing aids. So Just take the aids out.

One of my close friends sells hearing aids and for some reason he is really pushing me to go catless. ;)

You will continue to lose hearing and cause further damage to whatever you have left of ear.... ask your doctor.

That same effect happens to workers, DJ's Bartenders, Bouncers, etc. Part of my business is night club stuff, I've heard plenty cases like this.

So keep those aids in, just turn them off.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ive honestly tossed around the idea of wearing ear plugs when I have windows down and am doing spiritied driving like in the fly by vids. Or racing a buddy on the freeway. For normal round town cruising I dont think I need them. I used to use them on my streetbikes and it helped alot. I dont want to lose my hearing but I love the nasty sound the exhaust makes ,so ill try the plugs maybe.