Thanks Veterans! have a GREAT DAY...

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USMC Here (1989 to 1993)

I would like to add a tribute to my dad 30 year Army Vet that just passed away in July from Cancer. Was only retired for 2 years and in his 50's. I could not be more PROUD!!

Dad_Military_Pic_old.jpg

Dad_Military_Pic_new.jpg

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please keep the enlightening and inspiring replies going!

More Vets??? SNAKE488? Pollup? There are more LURKING.....

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U.S. Army, Aviation branch. 1988-2008, retired 1 Mar 08. I already miss it :(

What did you fly/do? I was enlisted, 67N (Huey Crew Chief). Spent a year in Korea in 1992-93 and 4-1/2 at Ft. Belvoir here in VA. Put almost 1000 hours on the books during that time.

mygpw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Enlisted 1986 to Present, MSgt, 133AW MNANG, C-130H3, Turbo Prop School at Chanute AFB(Closed), 2 tours Afghanistan 02 and 07 and many other tours over the years. :usa:
Anybody else go to Chanute ? Man am I old.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank all the men and women that have served for freedom over the years. My grandfather served for Canada in World War II as a Gunner, may he rest in peace.

It is too bad today is not a National Holiday like it is up in Canada. Our proud men and women really deserve that honor, IMHO. Hopefully the tributes we do in our own way is enough. The main thing is to remember!

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25th Inf. 69 - 70 on the ground in the mud telling

people where to put their ordinance. The lesson here

is "don't let the goverment make your vacation reservations":omg:

Skeeter:usa:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd Armored Cav (186th maint bat, 614th maint co) and 1st Cav back in the days of M551 Sheridans and M60 A-1's. Does that date me? :usa:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you fly/do? I was enlisted, 67N (Huey Crew Chief). Spent a year in Korea in 1992-93 and 4-1/2 at Ft. Belvoir here in VA. Put almost 1000 hours on the books during that time.

I was a Blackhawk IP/IFE, did my Korea time 1997-98 at Camp Page in the 542th Med. Evac Company. Finshed out the 20th year in BFE(Bum **** Egypt) flying Medevac. Sinai, Egypt-South camp. :2tu:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drafted into the Army 1967. Nuclear fire support for the 82nd Airborn at Ft. Bragg.
Fortunately I stayed stateside my two years of active duty.

Lots of Military will be traveling this holiday season. Many travel 1/2 way around the world to get home for a couple of days. If you get the chance while flying, ask the flight attendant make an announcement to let them get off the plane first. Then applaud them as they get off.
I've done this three times, and nobody complained! Please try it! It's a pretty simple way to say thanks, and they get to the next leg of their journey first!

PBR

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fire Controlman 2nd Class
1st Sea Command USS Iwo Jima LHD7
2nd and present command PCU George H. W. Bush CVN 77
2 Deployments

2001-Present

On the day of 9-11-01, this was my day to sign my enlistment agreement and fly to boot camp. I was on the DEP (Delayed entry program) for many months prior to this date. Everything was going as planned, I was already in Richmond, VA by the 9th of September. We did our pre-screening and everything was in order to go. Passed everything with flying colors on the 10th. The 11th came around and it was go day. We were driven from our hotel in Richmond to the MEPs station and we arrived fairly early in the morning. At the time we arrived the first plane had already struck the 1st tower. We were concerned but nothing besides thinking that a horrible accident had crossed any of our minds. After 20 minutes of sitting and waiting for our contracts to be drafted the 2nd plane struck. A brief glance of the crowd and there was a lot of worried faces and we all knew that this was no accident. Within about 15 minutes the building was evacuated and we did not return for 2 days. Many of the guys with us decided not to join since the country was bound for war. It is never hard to remember the day I joined, that is for sure.

My Father was a prior Marine for 4 years.
My Grandfather was prior Navy for 4 as well. He passed away recently. Rest in Peace.
My Great Uncle was prior Navy for 20 years, retired Chief (highest enlisted rank at the time)
My Aunt was prior Navy, retired Senior Chief.
My Brother in Law is prior Navy and is now currently active duty Army in Iraq.
So there is some military background in our family.

Last edited:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post and Yes God Bless America and our Vets! :usa:
Without you this great country and its assets including our prized Vipers could not and would not exist. You give up a lot so we can do what ever it is that we do and we are always and forever indebted to you.

Thank you!
:drive: