The first scratch is the deepest....

AZ Buckeye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last weekend I believe I must have pulled up to close to a parking block while out Saturday night (Can't even blame intoxication). I have found several straight scratches completely underneath the front fender. They are not visible unless you are on the ground looking for them, but I was so #$^%**(($%$# at myself for letting it happen...what a rookie error!! BRIGHT SIDE: I'm sure future dings/scratches won't "hurt" as much now that this has happened.

Well, since misery seems to like company, does anyone else have any stories of "stupid" incidents they did to their own car???

Also, if anyone has any ideas how to remove them without repainting, I'd really be interested to know....Thanks!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Look at it on the bright side:

Now that you have scratches under the car, if you go to sell it, people wont think its a repaint.

#1 way to tell if a Viper has been wrecked and repainted is to look under the sills and bumper for scrapes and scratches. No marks equals a wreck/repaint 75% of the time.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine repainted at a body shop for a couple hunderd bucks underneath there from the previous owners curb encounters, and then 3M taped. I don't like the look of the tape on exposed parts, but I have it under there on the air dam and behind the wheel wells. I have had several touchups done like stone chips behind the rear wheels and the front air dam was scrapped. I think they keep the Viper Red PRN mixed just for me.... :)

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH...almost happened to me yesterday...I took the car too far up thank god the curb infront of me was only about 2 inches high!! No damage!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
My dumbest move to scratch the $hit out of my front fascia was when I was on a very slight decline and went to start my Viper. Needless to say after I started it - I released the parking brake - and unknowingly creeped ever so slowly forward as I was waiting for it to warm up. Next thing I know - the front fascia is on top of the curb - no slight scratches - a thorough side to side job. Figured it wouldnt be the last time I did something stupid like that so I just left it and tried to cover it up with some of the Red turtle wax stuff - not perfect - but I'm the only one that knows the scratches are there.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last month, first time in seven Vipers, lost concentration, and turned into a somewhat to steep drivway, not enough angle in the turn, and srapped the bottom. Never did this before. Knew it was going to happen at the last moment. Ruined my day. I was on the way to visit my 88 year old grandmother, and in here infinate wisdom said don't worry about it. And she's right.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHHHH..I jinxed myself!!!! I was pulling into the gas station a few hours ago and heard a scrape or just a noise hopefully just a sewer lid or something!! Anyways didn't sound too good. I checked under the car but didn't see anything (then again it was dark). Will check tomorrow...hoping it isn't scratched :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also scratch under the chin, pulled slightly over a curb. Not a very noticeable spot on the car, anxiety quickly dissipated.

Now when I curbed one of my rims . . . That made me ill. Especially after calling Dodge and finding out replacement rims are $3000. EVERY time I looked at the car, my attention targeted the rim and reminded me of my mistake.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was at a body shop getting an estimate on refinishing my sidepipes (because of the paint bubbbling problem) and I got too close to a parking barrier!!
Now I had TWO problems!!
Boy...did I feel stupid!!!

I just figure that getting the underside scratched is part of owning a viper!!
It's like an initiation into the ownership club!!

AMGSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was so worried the first time I took it to work, I just new some one was going to get me. Turned out to be me, drove right over the curb when I pulled in. Thought I was looking into the Grand Canyon. After I calmed down and looked again, turned out to be a small scratch. Glad I got that over with now I don't have to worry any more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4