These New Forums

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Site looks good, seems to load well (so far), and hopefully it won't have the login issues of the previous version...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, I noticed that when you click on a thread that has new messages in a thread you've previously viewed the old forum used to take you right to the first new message. So far this one just starts right at the first message in the thread, regardless of whether you've already read it.

Thanks for adding a spell checking tool, too.

Just noticed that too, hopefully it will return because it makes navigating the forum nice & easy :) Missing some of the old smileys as well as previous versions of some.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new look. Will we be able to access the individual persons uploaded photos from the left column or avatar as before?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed that too, hopefully it will return because it makes navigating the forum nice & easy :)

Ah, and there is a trick to that on ALL vBulletin forums, so pay attention: If you look next to the thread you will see this little icon:
firstnew.gif
Simply click on that and VOILA! You end up going to the first new post in that thread!

Missing some of the old smileys as well as previous versions of some.

Prepare yourself for smilie overload, as you ain't seen nothing yet...

You must be registered for see images

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris- In the first post you said the avatars did not transfer over successfully. Are they still going to work on this, or must we load it ourselves?

Thanks!

Michael

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris- In the first post you said the avatars did not transfer over successfully. Are they still going to work on this, or must we load it ourselves?

Thanks!

Michael
It's bad enough that I have to go pirate some other vBulletin forums to learn how to fix your signature (now fixed) and now I have to do your avatar too? :D

We just received the links to approximately 600 recent avatars on the old site and I am going to manually import them. Starting with you, you lazy bum.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's bad enough that I have to go pirate some other vBulletin forums to learn how to fix your signature (now fixed) and now I have to do your avatar too? :D

We just received the links to approximately 600 recent avatars on the old site and I am going to manually import them. Starting with you, you lazy bum.

I finally got my lazy butt up off the couch after watching the Masters all afternoon and taking a nap from the big Easter brunch I ate.

You know what they say, if you want something done.... :p

Seriously Chris- great improvment on the site. Kudos to ALL involved.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new look. It's not in your face like the old one. I hope the look stays this way. The only annoying part so far is the banner gif. I think a static jpg should suffice.

And oh yeah, I miss Sneaky Pete.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new look. It's not in your face like the old one. I hope the look stays this way. The only annoying part so far is the banner gif. I think a static jpg should suffice.

And oh yeah, I miss Sneaky Pete.
No worries, probably on either count: We are redoing the banner to be smaller (less monitor real estate), include the links to other parts of the site (Classifieds, Gallery, etc.), and of course INCLUDE Sneaky Pete. Consider him on a well-deserved vacation. :D

Thanks to all for their continued feedback!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
1. You will notice that the avatars did not transfer over successfully. VCA Members can now upload their own avatars - like right now! What we would request (and will enforce) is that they stay true to the "Vipers Only" rules. Anything else WILL be deleted. We will continue to try to get the "old" avatars restored and may manually upload them if possible.

I like my new Avatar, please don't replace it.

Great site and thanks !

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Testing out my first post. Looks good fellas. A nice new fresh look just in time for Spring/Summer. Good job and keep up the good work! :2tu:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new look is great. It works just like the pro photog forum that I belong too. Kudos to all that put in the hard working getting this job done.:cool: :headbang: :2tu:

Bumbles

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Site looks great. This format is what I'm use to.

I'm a Viper owner and VCA member, can you please fix my profile?

Thanks,
Brent

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the new software, I can't login under my previous "Tom, F&L GoR" name. It continually tells me I have an invalid password or login, even when I request a new one.

Other forums have had difficulty with the "&" in the name.

Am I missing something obvious? Hate to lose my top 30 posting position and start over.

Thanks.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I had the same problem. Send an email requesting password. You will get 2 emails. The second one will have the new password. Ignore all links in the first email. They just lead to annoyances.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom -

Checked it out and your ID of "Tom, F&L GoR" is still in there with 2,593 informative posts. Okay, 2,592 and one that was so-so. ;)

I can change your password manually and send it to you, at which point you can then change it back to whatever you want (we can't see your passwords). And no worries, I can then merge these two names together afterwards so that you have 2,594. :D

Always an honor,

Chris

Since the new software, I can't login under my previous "Tom, F&L GoR" name. It continually tells me I have an invalid password or login, even when I request a new one.

Other forums have had difficulty with the "&" in the name.

Am I missing something obvious? Hate to lose my top 30 posting position and start over.

Thanks.