They're Everywhere

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They\'re Everywhere

We have been in the throes of deciding upon a "second" car (toy). We had narrowed it to the new SRT-10 coupe or a Porsche.

We had further considered and decided that a Porsche was the best choice. Since they depreciate more rapidly than a Viper, and since we do not keep a car longer than a year, the Porsce would have to be a used model (having taken its initial "hit").

My husband took one daughter (12) to see her brother in concert (9). When they arrived, both were taken by a Turbo Carrera S Cabriolet. Triple black.

He was now all but convinced that a Porsche was the only way to go.

As he walked across the parking lot, he saw five more Porsches (2004-2005), all but one was a cabriolet and the one was a TT.

He says he shrugged it off as "well, it's because they are popular" (no question there). When he got to the Viper (which he had parked away from the crowd), there were several men near his car, and he assumed the worst that someone had clipped it.

Instead, they were discussing the Porsche and peaking inside. One introduced himself as the TT Porsche owner. Three of the others were also Porsche owners. The final one had an SL55 Mercedes. They had all manner of questions about the Viper, and politeness caused husband and daughter about 45 minutes until the other men had their questions answered.

He was now not as certain about his Porsche decision.

He drove home (12 miles) and on the way, my daughter counted nine additional Porsches. She said all but two had slowed to see the Viper.

They, of course, saw no other Vipers, and nothing on the road sounded or looked like it.

His Porsche interest waned.

The problem is that he does not want a new coupe now...he wants my convertible.

I have fixed him a drink. He is resting comfortably. Tomorrow, I shall tell him that this was all part of a dream. He's quite old. He'll believe that. Poor baby.

OK, now NOMERCY and BrianE will weigh in (our Porsche guys).

Alice & The Viper Blog

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: They\'re Everywhere

Porsches look like VW Beetles on steroids. :p If your husband really likes attention, get him a RT/10 or GTS. If you attend a lot of car shows you will find that people tend to flock more towards GEN I and II snakes than GEN III's. I think a black RT/10 would like nice with your black SRT. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really don't care how many are around, I get the car that's the most fun to drive. For me, that's a Viper.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Er...I think that I must have restated it. He was leaning toward the Porsche because it was a good combination of reasonable performance and a good daily driver, but after seeing that "everyone seems to have one," it seems like a less than unique experience.

Gee, I thought I write fairly lucidly...I gots me an edumacation and book larning to.

Alice & The Viper Blog

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unless it's a TT, the only Performance it is suitable for is transportation! :p

Just poking some fun! :D

How about a RT/10? Then you'll be like Chuck! :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Casey:

Now even Chuck does not want to be like Chuck.

No I think he is narrowing in on a red SRT-10 coupe. The Porsche would have been a nice daily driver, but I fear he would have become bored with it.

He's the restless type. Then again, he wants my Viper more than he wants the coupe.

Alice & The Viper Blog

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes Alice, you write clear enough. But your dealing with men here and we have short attention spans and a limited thought process. Please bare with us.

...and yes, I absolutely did mean "bare."

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

This was the paragraph that was lucid enough, and put Alice's point accross. (I did not pick up on it the first time through, because I mostly scan for positive keywords like babe, headers, VEC2, etc, and negative keywords like Vette, Supra, etc.) Not seeing any of those words in the text, I blew right over the paragraph where the point was deftly made, albeit ever so subtly.
Instead, they were discussing the Porsche and peaking inside. One introduced himself as the TT Porsche owner. Three of the others were also Porsche owners. The final one had an SL55 Mercedes. They had all manner of questions about the Viper, and politeness caused husband and daughter about 45 minutes until the other men had their questions answered.

He was now not as certain about his Porsche decision.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not a "Porsche Guy". I'm a "car guy". That being said, common or not, the Porsche is a better overall car. The Viper will get your blood pumping faster though. :2tu:

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Why not get a nice Gen II (RT or GTS) and have Heffner twin-turbo it! That'd be different, attract lots of attention, and smoke anything on the road.

Just a thought, one near and dear to my own inner demons...;)

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A reasonable case can be made, Vic, that my elevator has never stopped on all floors.

When I scan a post (and I hate those long ones that I write...boring), I look for words like aardvark, axolotyl (it's a fish), I-bolt, tugboat, hermaphroditic, and ingrown toenail. Sometimes the ones about Vipers are pretty cool too.

I have four favorite posts:
1. "Hi guys, I am new here and just got a new Viper SRT-10 from Bill Pemberton for $47,500, delivered with a Paxton. Thanks Bill! You are the greatest. Now, I have a question: has anyone notice that the sill temperature is high? Has anyone installed a Corset exhaust and I have heard that 4.11 gears are better for the street."

2. "I drive my car between 60,000 and 70,000 miles per year, use Mobile One and have never done an oil change. I track my car with run flats and they are fine. Do any of your engines ever run hot? I mean too hot to put your tongue on the exhaust manifold."

3. "Corvettes stink, Porsches stink, and I think everyone here stinks. I am 17 and would not own a stupit Viper. I think Damsel-Chrysler sux big time, and the new coupe is a joke. My Supra would run rings around it. Nissan rulez."

4. But my fav is when I make a cogent point, more erudite, eloquent and entirely without misspelled woids. And some guy whose waist is bigger than his IQ has nothing to offer so he remarks about my anatomy while gazing at his own ******** through a microscope.

Then again, that's just me.

Alice & The Viper Blog

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

4. But my fav is when I make a cogent point, more erudite, eloquent and entirely without misspelled woids. And some guy whose waist is bigger than his IQ has nothing to offer so he remarks about my anatomy while gazing at his own ******** through a microscope.

Well, that narrows it down to a couple hundred of us.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

LOL, Alice, you bust me up!
You scan for "axolotyl" too? I wasn't going to mention it, but since you did, I'll admit to it.

[satire]
If you could stop using words with more than 5 letters, I would feel a lot less insecure. What are you trying to do? Threaten my manhood? Oh, I know, you're one of those dangerous, subversive, intelligent women, who think its ok to come in here and be all witty, interesting, and attractive and stuff. Well, i gots newz for you, we don need no smrt wimin round heah, so take your interesting posts somewherez where dey kin understand 'em, k?
[/satire]

Saw you change "entire" to "entirely", and I'm so glad I didn't have to mention it.
-Captain Minutia

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a 911 cabriolet. Sometimes I miss it. When I get in the Viper I forget it. As Tom Cruise said"Porsche theres no substitute, YEAH RIGHT TOMMY BOY!!!!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Porsches look like VW Beetles on steroids. :p If your husband really likes attention, get him a RT/10 or GTS. If you attend a lot of car shows you will find that people tend to flock more towards GEN I and II snakes than GEN III's. I think a black RT/10 would like nice with your black SRT. :2tu:
Exactly...well said. Get the baddest of the bad a GTS...Alice I don't know if you have ever had a GTS but the atttention it gets will at least triple the attention you get in your SRT-10. Happy shopping!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Instead, they were discussing the Porsche and peaking inside.

Don't you mean they were discussing the Viper? They were all gathered around it, and he was fearing the worst as he walked up, but thankfully they were merely discussing the "Viper", right?

I hope they were not "peaking" inside, but rather "peeking"! I'd hate to see what it looked like after if they were "peaking" inside.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not a "Porsche Guy". I'm a "car guy". That being said, common or not, the Porsche is a better overall car. The Viper will get your blood pumping faster though. :2tu:
Damn No Mercy i'm gonna have to for sure come hang out with you in Denver now you have the Lambo on order. Good job!!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see Porsches on every corner here, and believe it or not, I see a lot more Lambos and Ferraris than Vipers. But anywhere I stop, I get looks and questions. It's fun to have a Viper. And Alice.... you know how I feel about your anatomy. ;)

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see Porsches on every corner here, and believe it or not, I see a lot more Lambos and Ferraris than Vipers. But anywhere I stop, I get looks and questions. It's fun to have a Viper. And Alice.... you know how I feel about your anatomy. ;)

That's because you have a big carrot :eek:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why not get a nice Gen II (RT or GTS) and have Heffner twin-turbo it! That'd be different, attract lots of attention, and smoke anything on the road.

Just a thought, one near and dear to my own inner demons...;)

That's the best Idea I have heard! :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Casey:

I recurrently consider a GTS and forget not that I began with designs on a 99 ACR.

Again, this is not for me but for Doc, and I think he would prefer the new Coupe. He would sell it within six months, I am certain.

Alice & The Viper Blog

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Solution:

1) Keep the SRT-10 for yourself. (daily driver)

2) Buy a new 997S or 996 GT3 for yourself. (impress your wanna be neighbor)

3) Buy a GTS and have it TT by Heffner. (impress yourself)

4) Go ahead and take delivery of the new Coupe you have on order from Bill P. and give it to the hubby. (keep the hubby from hooking up with the ex wife of the local neurosurgeon who lost his Porsche X50 TT in the divorce) :D

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brian:

Alas, I am not a Woodhouse customer. I deal elsewhere and am very happy there. Just a different fan club.

I do not think that a Porsche is what I need/want, but I do think that I would like the new coupe, but not in blue.

I would also like the new Mustang that is coming out next year because it would get the kids to school in 11.3 seconds.

Alice & The Viper Blog

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Casey:

I recurrently consider a GTS and forget not that I began with designs on a 99 ACR.

Again, this is not for me but for Doc, and I think he would prefer the new Coupe. He would sell it within six months, I am certain.

Alice & The Viper Blog

OK, then just buy something and send it to Heffner for a Twin Turbo upgrade! :D

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, that narrows it down to a couple hundred of us.

LMFAO !!!

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Since we are talking about Porsches, I have a short story-

The other night, I pulled up right behind an 'ol guy and his styl'in wife in a 911 conv. I saw the fella look into his rear mirror at my shiny car and then immediately do a double-take, and then again and again. He whispered something to his wife, prob "dont turn around". I could see that he really feared me :D . He pulled away very slowly....

When I got home I had to get out of the car to take a looksie again at the front end of my SRT to see his perspective.. and you know what? It is a pretty darn scary looking car. Sort of makes the Porsche look cream-puffy.

This post is sort of off-thread, oh well.

:usa: KL

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Before you decide on a Porsche participate in a Viperdays event. You'll never understand what a Viper can do driving it on the street. (You should attend anyway to be a better driver behind 500+ ft-lb of torque.)
If you buy a Porsche you will probably learn having a truck drive line in a sports car turns out to be a really good idea.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Again, the car is for my husband and would be a to and from the office commuter. Its race potential would not be important to him. He was a drag racer in his day but does not wish to rekindle that. He's just looking for a car that is fun and relieves the pressures of the day.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Again, the car is for my husband and would be a to and from the office commuter. Its race potential would not be important to him. He was a drag racer in his day but does not wish to rekindle that. He's just looking for a car that is fun and relieves the pressures of the day.

Low mile 97 TT, maybe an "S". A little cash here and there and you can have
540hp. Comfortable, if you are not too tall, very fast, very nimble, all
wheel drive, no rear tires spinning you off the road, oh, and doesn't look
like a 996/Boxter. If and when I can have 2 toy cars again this will be
#2, my all time fav Porsche, no water and a big butt. But I need a rag top,
thus the 05 SRT-10 I drive now.

Herc :usa:

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

A reasonable case can be made, Vic, that my elevator has never stopped on all floors.

When I scan a post (and I hate those long ones that I write...boring), I look for words like aardvark, axolotyl (it's a fish), I-bolt, tugboat, hermaphroditic, and ingrown toenail. Sometimes the ones about Vipers are pretty cool too.

I have four favorite posts:
1. "Hi guys, I am new here and just got a new Viper SRT-10 from Bill Pemberton for $47,500, delivered with a Paxton. Thanks Bill! You are the greatest. Now, I have a question: has anyone notice that the sill temperature is high? Has anyone installed a Corset exhaust and I have heard that 4.11 gears are better for the street."

2. "I drive my car between 60,000 and 70,000 miles per year, use Mobile One and have never done an oil change. I track my car with run flats and they are fine. Do any of your engines ever run hot? I mean too hot to put your tongue on the exhaust manifold."

3. "Corvettes stink, Porsches stink, and I think everyone here stinks. I am 17 and would not own a stupit Viper. I think Damsel-Chrysler sux big time, and the new coupe is a joke. My Supra would run rings around it. Nissan rulez."

Then again, that's just me.

Alice & The Viper Blog

That was funny. LOL :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang