This ought to sell a few more Vipers

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 month "waiting list" and several being brought back to the dealers with issues, delivery delays, C7s being placed on "quality control" holds, returning to the dealer with CELs on. Lack of communication, dealer mark ups... All kinds of fun stuff for first model year cars ;)

Corvette folks are running into the same issues the Viper owners are. Buyers with deposits put down long ago are being held back and later number VINS are being built and sold at dealers.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have reputable sponsoring dealers on the Corvette Forum who are taking orders at MSRP.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if they were charging a $20K premium, that's still $25K less than the cheapest new Gen V you can buy.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if they were charging a $20K premium, that's still $25K less than the cheapest new Gen V you can buy.

I saw one car in a local inventory search on the Chevrolet site with an MSRP on the window sticker of $76k for a 450hp car. Some sort of premier package.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaves room for a C7 Z06 to slide in at 80-90K with who knows what kind of performance and look.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing. I just went and did another inventory search and a few new C7's showed up locally priced in the $60's but that $76k car is gone. I suppose these could all just be cars that were ordered for specific customers though:dunno:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt you will see a Z07 anywhere under $100k even before dealer adder mark-up. Ain't gonna happen!