Time for Coolant Flush?

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This morning I dropped by 12,700 mi. 2008 Gen IV to the Dealer to handle a few items and I asked about any scheduled maintenance. One thing the dealer mentioned was a "coolant flush" which is apparently due at 5 years, but he suggested it given the non-daily use of the car and the fact that it has aluminium bits in the motor, etc.

Any suggestions here?

Also, fyi, dealer oil and filter change prices = $195 + tax and coolant flush is the same price.

Thanks for your ideas! :usa:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont bother/ thats bull**** and everyone knows it- drain and fill in another few years.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at your owners manual under scheduled maintenance as its a pretty good guide for all fluids etc. Consider your driving style and frequency too.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I dropped my '09 Gen IV off at the dealership this morning too,
almost 15K miles.
I'm putting on fresh rotors and upgraded pads, oil change, tranny flush, maybe diff fluid change.
And anything I can knitpick onto the original factory warranty, it ends on April 25th.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I dropped my '09 Gen IV off at the dealership this morning too,
almost 15K miles.
I'm putting on fresh rotors and upgraded pads, oil change, tranny flush, maybe diff fluid change.
And anything I can knitpick onto the original factory warranty, it ends on April 25th.

Did you have any problems with warranty when you pulled up to the service bay with a #3 on your door and your body panels taped for Aero...?

;)...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
......Also, fyi, dealer oil and filter change prices = $195 + tax and coolant flush is the same price.

Thanks for your ideas! :usa:

you're not actually going to pay that for an oil change are you :dunno:

even if the absolute dollars are not an issue, i'd feel like they took advantage of me,....... unless their customer lounge had really good coffee :headbang:

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid to have my new HREs synched with the car and for the coolant flush while it was in for minor warranty items.

For oil changes, I usually buy the SRT Mopar filter and Mobil one and take it to a local shop who will change it for a few $$$$.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont no what you paid for the coolant flush but you wasted your money- its like the 3k miles all these oil change people have the public brainwashed into doing, its way to early for a every day 9 to 5 er car for that, ******* away money for no reason. if you track your car a run the holy smokes out of it, then i would say change the coolant

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Concerning the oil change, you might want to ask the Dealership if they would let you bring in your own oil to reduce the cost of the service? One factor that few consider is that most reputable Dealeships will not allow anyone but a Viper Tech to work on our beloved beasts. You can not ask a trained Viper mechanic to work at the same rate as the Lube Rack Tech , therefore the price will be inherently higher. Many will allow you to bring in your own oil, and most owners demand that only a Viper Technician is to work on their Snake.

S. Cal is likely more expensive than some parts of the Country , as Flat Rate can approach $150 an hour or more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960