Tired of exhaust drone giving you headaches? This may fix it....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I went to buy a catback from Sean Roe I wanted a Corsa and he suggested the Borla and add a crossover pipe.He had added a crossover pipe to his own GTS. The crossover knocks out most of the cruising drone and cost $100 from a local muffler shop. I believe the Corsa was 6-7 hundred more than the Borla at that time.

I have been happy with this suggestion.

Looks similar to the H-Pipe design in the Belanger catback. If it's on Sean's Viper then enough said. :2tu:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
x-pipe or h-pipe wont eliminate drone, I have an x-pipe and I have TONS of mind numbing drone. The corsa mufflers are similar to these pipes that are being installed, the mufflers are just more condensed. So if the corsa mufflers don't cause degredation of performance, how would these pipes?

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a drone issue with the Borla system that came with the car when purchased. Installed a Corsa later and love it. This is the outfit I purchased my Corsa from. Good luck with whatever solution you try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you just look around for a used Corsa exhaust. In all honesty I'm sure you can play around with h pipes and all sorts of other experiments which are kind of fun I guess, particularly if time and money are no issue (by the way the Corsa does have an H-pipe just ahead of the secondary canisters). In the end though the Corsa is a well designed product that actually works. It's very nicely designed, has much higher quality tips than any other system and it will make your car enjoyable to drive. I think the the other obvious point here that no one is talking about is that it has no exhaust restrictions. It simply makes more HP and has no drone. Bullet mufflers at the very least have baffling which disturbs flow. Good Luck with your experiments.

As a side note......if it makes you feel any better, I think just about any aftermarket product regardless of cost has always had a downside of some sort. The majority of time it's never living up to the performance gains, or a reduction in reliability as a trade off for power. If I could name only one product that lives up to the hype and then some, it would be the Corsa system. It's without a doubt the first and only required mod on a Gen II Viper. I should be a paid sponsor, but I'm not.

Last edited:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the drone of my Borla but otherwise my Borla system on my GTS is one of the best sounding cars I have heard. Corsa may not drone but they sound tinny like a pissed of Honda with a coffee can muffler.
I wish there was a happy medium, I too will be installing a crossover onto my Bola system in hopes that it will help.

As far as getting a Corsa, if you get to that point, give DC a call. They have a great attitude, want your business and are second to none!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the drone of my Borla but otherwise my Borla system on my GTS is one of the best sounding cars I have heard. Corsa may not drone but they sound tinny like a pissed of Honda with a coffee can muffler.
I wish there was a happy medium, I too will be installing a crossover onto my Bola system in hopes that it will help.

As far as getting a Corsa, if you get to that point, give DC a call. They have a great attitude, want your business and are second to none!

There is a happy medium :). Get a corsa, no cats and put a Roe on it. Deep sound, no tinny. I personally don't like the corsa on stock Vipers but with the Roe it has a decent deep sound.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I went to buy a catback from Sean Roe I wanted a Corsa and he suggested the Borla and add a crossover pipe.He had added a crossover pipe to his own GTS. The crossover knocks out most of the cruising drone and cost $100 from a local muffler shop. I believe the Corsa was 6-7 hundred more than the Borla at that time.

I have been happy with this suggestion.

Well, I went over to my local muffler shop and had a 3" pipe X-over pipe put in just like the picture. I am very pleased with the sound, even though it is audibly quieter. Most of the cabin drone has been reduced to a refined version of its former self. It may be my imagination, but I might have even picked up a bit of low end torque in the process. Anyway, taking the edge off has really enhanced the total driving experience. It is not as raw, but all that noise was beginning to jumble my synapses, and numb my hearing. When I get a chance, I'll post a sound clip. :2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sr98

good results, if you can, post a pic with your sound clip

what mufflers do you have :eater:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CWhiteRun,

Have you gotten around to testing this out? I plan on trying it in July when I set up my exhaust. I have been searching and it seems like it would be a waste for an X-pipe on a viper. I will also have my mufflers set up to be easily swapped from side sill or to the rear. See if the sound or horse power changes.

My set up will be Belanger Headers, 100cpi high-flow cats, advanced drone cancellation technology, H-pipe, and Bassani oval race mufflers... I need to find some good tips though.

OP
OP
CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
CWhiteRun,

Have you gotten around to testing this out? I plan on trying it in July when I set up my exhaust. I have been searching and it seems like it would be a waste for an X-pipe on a viper. I will also have my mufflers set up to be easily swapped from side sill or to the rear. See if the sound or horse power changes.

My set up will be Belanger Headers, 100cpi high-flow cats, advanced drone cancellation technology, H-pipe, and Bassani oval race mufflers... I need to find some good tips though.

None yet...still dealing with my belanger mid flange gaskets currently. Two sets in three days time is a little excessive on a rebuild that has been running for five days.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None yet...still dealing with my belanger mid flange gaskets currently. Two sets in three days time is a little excessive on a rebuild that has been running for five days.

I see you finally made it home! Jeeze, doesn't that yellow Viper go faster than the speed limit........

:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude