Tires

bluejet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys been restoring the viper that has not drove since 2003. I went to buy some Kumho tires and no one has them. Any other thoughts? Not really trying to break the bank on a set of Ps-2.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size wheels? 18, 19? 20??

I'm getting ready to put on a set of BF Goodrich G-Force tires on my 18" wheels. They don't make rears in 19".

The size of the wheel will limit your choices.

Ron

OP
OP
B

bluejet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17" Stock rims. No body has em. Looked all over 335/35/17

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had to buy a new rear Micheln 19" for my 04. I ran over a 2" x 3/8" bolt with a nut half way down the shaft and it drove it right into the tire. Micheln has no road hazard warranty on there tires. 500 bucks to replace. If you can get road hazard for your tires it might be a good option.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
17" Stock rims. No body has em. Looked all over 335/35/17

I didn't know the 2003s had 17 inch stock rims. I thought they were 18s or bigger.

I recommend Parts Rack. At the end of the day, you're going to pay for tires for the Dodge Viper no matter what. I just bought a set from Jon, and the PS2s were barely $100 more than the Kumhos. Just my $.02.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Kumho, Ecsta XS's? I think those would be your best bet. Not sure if KDW's come in those sizes, but I just got back from our Mtn cruise (Tail of Dragon weekend) with the KDW's and I'm very pleased. Priced pretty good too

otterbeinjumper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys been restoring the viper that has not drove since 2003. I went to buy some Kumho tires and no one has them. Any other thoughts? Not really trying to break the bank on a set of Ps-2.

I got a set from Evans Auto in Columbus, OH. Great tires, great deal!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, you can get some good deals on PS2s. Since I put mine on the Viper, won't go back to anything else. I don't think they make them in the size for my SRT8, otherwise, they would go on that car as well.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17" Kumho XS has been on backorder for a couple months now. Last I talked to TireRack, they said the end of June. This was after they said the 1st of June when I talked to them in early May--aka they're guessing. I also tried Jon B and Viper Parts and some local tire distributors...same answer from everyone, "we're out".

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right here: 17" wheels on an 03? They must be aftermarket right? Or did you put on wheels from a previous year?

Ron

OP
OP
B

bluejet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 GTS have not drove it since 2003. Got a set of PS from a local dealer. Paid more than I wanted but I guess I will be satisfied. New Battery today and O2 simulators on the way. Oil change tomorrow and all the fluids and I am done and ready to go!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R