Top Gear Video SRT10-C vs BMW Z4M

BUZBEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only issue with this assessment is that Top Gear is a BBC program (no commercials). More likely, Clarkson or his writer were deliberately poking fun at American cars. Europeans find this amusing.

Top Gear is a fun show, and trust me they really take the piss out of most manufacturers. Enjoy the sarcasm, but pass your own judgments on any car.

As for the race, complete garbage. The race to the line was obviously staged :evilmad:

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, once again: this isn't Top Gear. It's from a DVD that Clarkson has done, apparently called "The good, the bad, the ugly", in which the primary intention was to trash american cars and say that european cars are way better. Here are some of the comparisons I've read:
-Saying that he's driving a Mustang GT, when he was really driving a V-6 matched to an automatic tranny.
-Racing a Ram SRT-10 vs. Ariel Atom... yes, that's right.
-Range Rover vs. Escalade vs. Hummer H2 up a mountain. In Top Gear there was a similar comparison, but they included a Jeep. Now the Jeep isn't there... interesting, huh?
-And the Viper vs. Z4 M fiasco.

For Pete's sake: they've praised the Viper in the program (programme? lol) saying lots of things, from calling it the #1 car to tow a caravan (because of the gobs of torque) all the way to justifying its slow lap in the wet track when they compared it to the BMW M3 CSL, which they called one of the best handling cars of all time.

Clarkson isn't Top Gear, and although there are also staged races in the program, it's far more "balanced" than his poor attempt at home videos.

OP
OP
Heysie

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm probably the only one who likes the video. Now when I'm tracking my old RT/10 (which must be a very bad handling car...)on a road race course and I'm lapping a M3, Z4M or other superb BMW, then I must be a h#ll of a driver and when they pass me...hey I'm just driving a slow Viper.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this video, linked from another site. It's obvious you can see the Viper is swinging the turns really wide to let the BMW inside him.

If it makes you feel any better, this is just one video in a series of American cars that Clarkson is taking around Willow Springs. Something about trying to find an American car he likes, or one that's better than the Brits, or something like that.

So I think they are purposely going overboard on the bashing with this series.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is only ONE car out of the whole DVD that he likes. Would anyone like to take a guess? No? Its the FGT. Go figure. He bought one. But the FGT still wasnt good enough. The best car that he said he would take home from all of the tests would be the FGT GTX1. He NOTHING bad to say about neither the FGT or FGT GTX1.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, the Ford GT is better on the highway than the Z06?

I find that hard to believe (who knows, I've not driven a FGT)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1