Track car

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would make a great track car. Looks pretty straight forward to fix, then gut it and but and ACR aero package and a Moton shock kit and there ya go!

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There must be more to it. That was deeded a total loss and is an expensive car.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice no pics of the rear end damage.....to bring this car up to ACR standards, front / rear sway bars, probably find some used KWs coil overs - cheaper and cost less to install than Motons,ACR aero kit and you have it....figure about 14 thousand to bring to ACR status.....then you have the rear end repair work that needs to be assessed....

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, it does look like the damage is awful light to be totalled, but we also don't know what the reserve price is. When somone finds out please post to this thread so we can all see.

Relative to "track", I guess it depends on the goal. From the little bit of research I have done in the past what "ART 138" says above sounds right to get the vehicle to ACR status. If your goal is to get it to Competition Coupe Status I have no idea....

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear bucket is probably cracked. If so, it will bump the damage cost up considerably. The good thing is that the bucket will need to be cut up anyway to allow for a cage, fuel cell, cutoff, fire suppressant, dry sump (if you go that far), etc.

That would be a great tracker depending on the price.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear bucket is probably cracked. If so, it will bump the damage cost up considerably. The good thing is that the bucket will need to be cut up anyway to allow for a cage, fuel cell, cutoff, fire suppressant, dry sump (if you go that far), etc.

That would be a great tracker depending on the price.

Sounds to me like you're nearly talking yourself into buying it :D

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if there is possible minor frame damage? Or it seems to minor...

My friend John Dearing got a blowout and put his 2002 GTS into the wall At California Speedway at 140 mph. He decided to make a track car of it and 6 months later he was running World Challenge GT in it. So yeah it can be done and that's a better starting car, plus you'll get a bunch of $$$ from the street items (air bags, belts, seats and more).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62