Traction Control

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know about the race logic traction control. I thought I heard something about another computer being able to do the same. Is it possible with VEC3 or AEM or something?

John Reed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know about the race logic traction control. I thought I heard something about another computer being able to do the same. Is it possible with VEC3 or AEM or something?

The AEM does engine rate of acceleration, aka "slew rate" style traction control. While it can be effective under certain situations, it is not as overall versatile like wheel speed/slip based TC such as RL uses.

Motec does full wheel speed based TC. Plug and play install kits will release soon for the Motec, and testing is in progress using the Gen3 ABS wheel speed sensors for inputs to the Motec for full TC.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey John,

Glad to see that you're still involved with our group. Hope all goes well for you up there. Send me a PM and let me know what / how you are doing.

Thanks for the help with my SRT-10.

Dan

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the motec..never heard the name. anyone here running this?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOTEC is a full engine management system, with no plug-and-play harnesses available for Viper. Imagine an AEM on steroids. Or more accurately, the AEM is the baby MOTEC.

John Reed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOTEC is a full engine management system, with no plug-and-play harnesses available for Viper. Imagine an AEM on steroids. Or more accurately, the AEM is the baby MOTEC.

Thanks to a very recent software update by Motec, the PNP harnesses will be a reality now. Testing is in place on a couple of comp coupes.

What Joseph said is true, however due to the price it may not be the system for everyone (especially if you really do not need to flex the power it has on your application).

John Reed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John,

Glad to see that you're still involved with our group. Hope all goes well for you up there. Send me a PM and let me know what / how you are doing.

Thanks for the help with my SRT-10.

Dan

Hey Dan,

I am, I lurk around when I get time but usually too busy doing what I love to surf as much as I want.

I am working for myself now, still doing tuning/wire harness builds/PNP wiring/track support/etc and really enjoying the freedom the job change has brought, even if it isn't always a reduction in stress! :D

Keep in touch, email addy is: [email protected]

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they would of gave the viper owners choices of other options maybe the viper would of lasted like the car you all hate so much(CORVETTE)....SO WHO IS THE KING OF THE ROAD ?????? ZR-1 ?????

PET SNAKE..sad to see viper throw in the towel:mad::dunno:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they would of gave the viper owners choices of other options maybe the viper would of lasted like the car you all hate so much(CORVETTE)....SO WHO IS THE KING OF THE ROAD ?????? ZR-1 ?????

PET SNAKE..sad to see viper throw in the towel:mad::dunno:

If you think the ZR1 is the king of the road go right ahead and buy one. I'll stick with the king of the track, which is the ACR.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, Dodge was smart enough to get rid of the unsafe runflats. Maybe next is traction control. These cars are very unsafe, im suprised any Vipers exist. They should all be wrecked due to the lack of safety. We should be able to mash the gas and have the car stay straight.

Had traction control been equipped on my Viper, this would have never happened, thank god i wasnt hurt....:rolleyes:

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/mjramsey18/?action=view&current=donut.flv]
You must be registered for see images

On a serious note , I love power and Im glad we still get to regulate it with our right foot. it was one of the major reasons i became a Viper owner and not a Vette owner. I just did a drive this weekend with 2 Carrera Gt's and some other Turbo Porsche's They were envious of the fact that i can get this thing loose whenever I wanted to. They wish their computers didnt take over, so they could really "drive"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte