UPS Claim VICTORY

Wendy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after a very long 6 month WAR and yes I do mean WAR with UPS regarding his Roe SC that they destroyed............. It is with great pleasure that I congratulate "SUPER SQUIRREL aka Norman Chouinard" for his VICTORY! He received 100% of the purchase price back PLUS his shipping fees were refunded. :headbang:

After all the horrible stories about UPS not paying claims, I felt the need to let everyone know that in this case UPS got their a*s handed to them good this time! :2tu:

OP
OP
W

Wendy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB, his car had no down time. He was just out big bucks for the SC until they paid the claim.

Wendy :)

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here’s the deal with UPS… (Or as I refer to them... ‘Oops’.)

As a shipper you are OBLIGATED to follow UPS’s packing and shipping instructions TO THE LETTER! Among other things you must double box shipments. This means that you put your item in a box and properly protect it with peanuts, bubble wrap or like materials. Then you must put this box inside a larger box and do the same. Failure to do this will allow UPS to legally deny any damage claims. Read the fine print! The exception to this is if you bring your package to an ‘Official UPS Shipping Center’ – not a drop off center. If UPS accepts your package at an ‘Official UPS Shipping Center’ they are legally taking responsibility no matter how the package is packaged.

Case in point. I once ordered a rare vintage guitar amplifier from across country. I was standing at my door when I witnessed a UPS ape literally push the amp off the back of the truck onto a concrete street smashing it to bits. The driver admitted he damaged the amp, but UPS fought me on the insurance because it wasn’t ‘properly’ packaged’! I eventually won because the shipper had sent the package from an ‘Official UPS Shipping Center’. If it were not for this, I would have been out almost $3000.00.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have MANY damaged packages arrive UPS (not with FED EX).... and their staff are egar to chase you away(last time I was there...NOT BY CHOICE, they wanted to charge me for 2 inches of tape)plus they are always crabby..... PLUS their costs are way higher than FED EX. FED EX also has a proffesional staff!

Cudaman :usa:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FED EX is the wway to go...UPS is too expensive.

Watch out for FEDEX ground. They outsource some of their home deliveries to private contractors (read anyone with a vehicle). I've had expensive items delivered on behalf of FEDEX by people wearing wife ****** t-shirts driving 1975 vintage vans with parts falling off of them. :eek:

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are referring to the FedEx Saturday delivery. I've had people driving umarked vans delivering my stuff.

But the weekday FedEx is the regular employees. Plus if you miss the delivery you can go after 6 and pick it up at the delivery center. With UPS you have to call and MAYBE if the driver does not forget they will get your stuff off the truck.

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I battled with UPS in court for over a year. I shipped an antique diving helmet to Texas
an insured it for $5000.00. They destroyed it and then tried to claim it was not boxed correctly. They boxed it and insured it but still tried to deny claim. They used every low down trick in the book in court but I finally one after 5 times before a judge. There are thousands of complaints against UPS on various web sights on the Internet. Most are for non payment of claims. They are self insured so do not come under jurisdiction of insurance commissioner or any one else. People pay extra for insurance and then have to fight them when they have a claim. They make a lot of money this way because most people don't want to take the time or expense of fighting the ******** in court.
I am happy to see that someone else has beat the ********.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this instance, UPS packed, insured and shipped the Roe S/C. We have another battle brewing with them as I write this response regarding damaged cylinder heads. GO UPS!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FED EX is the wway to go...UPS is too expensive.

Watch out for FEDEX ground. They outsource some of their home deliveries to private contractors (read anyone with a vehicle). I've had expensive items delivered on behalf of FEDEX by people wearing wife ****** t-shirts driving 1975 vintage vans with parts falling off of them. :eek:

No unmarked vehicles at my bussiness....

although we do not get Sat delivery.

Cudaman

:usa:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I had a $1200 metal detector delivered via FedEx once - they delivered it a day late & after I had left for work so when I didn't answer the door they left it in my driveway ( in plain view of all places.) Luckily a neighbor caught a couple of kids snooping around it and brought it inside - otherwise it would have been gone.

300+ shipments with UPS = no issues
1 shipment with FedEx = total loss of trust.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read this post in amazement. I was literally just notified by UPS that my package was being returned to me since it was refused by the shippee due to obvious damamge. I thought "oh well - good thing I insured it for $500.00!".
Then I read this post in disgust and though "Certaininly this won't happen to me!"
PRESTO!!!
I get a letter yesterday from "Crawford" who has been retained by UPS Capital Insurance Agency as it's claims representative, stating my calim is denied due to "insuffient packing material, Damage due to cushioning"

This was a RT/10 rear window shipped in the factory dodge box and packaging. Stiff as a board. No amount of "cushioning" could have saved this window. Imagine the shape of an RT/10 rear window in a box, then imagaine putting that box on two concrete blocks and jumping up and down in the middle of it. When the Box was returned to me on Friday it was as floppy as wet spaghetti. It was litteraly almost bent in half.

Anyway, no one on this post gave details about the recourse they used to fight UPS and win. If anyone can give me some tried and proven steps to take I would appreciate it.

I even live in Louisville and support UPS since they have their main HUB here and employee so many people....No more! UPS insurance is FRAUD! Just a scam to get your money!

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Here is a web sight to start with. http://www.ripoffreport.com/. This sight will give you some idea of how many complaints are filed against UPS. Crawford is owned by UPS. After the mess with that diving helmet I learned my lesson. 2 years ago I had Mail Boxes Etc. package and ship a Viper windshield to Florida. UPS put a fork lift right through the middle of it and then tried to say it was not properly packaged. Mail boxes etc. had to fight them for 6 months to collect. Save all the packing materials. The only way you are going to collect now on this claim is to take them to court. Don't let them intimidate you, fight the ********. UPS makes a [******] load of money by charging for additional insurance and then refusing to pay on a claim. Most people don't want to fight them in court and this is what they count on. They should not have accepted the additional money for insurance if they were not going to pay on a claim. You are going to be amazed at some of the horror stories you read on a lot of websights about UPS and how they weasel out of paying claims. I downloaded 10 pages of complaints against them and presented them to the judge when I went to court against them. I think this helped my case quite a lot. I am sure I can help you out with this claim so if you want to call me I can be reached at 925-932-5220 or email me direct at [email protected]. Let it go and you get nothing. Fight the ******** and you will get your money but it will take time. Good luck.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An old pal of mine owns a "Mail Boxes" place. He told me that if you get a package insured for $1k or more, it will receive better care.

I believe that this was confirmed by someone on a previous thread about this topic.

I let the MailBoxes place pack almost everything I ship. Because my pal would probably take the hit on any packing
issue, I'm a little reluctant to ship through his store. I wouldn't be able to deal with him they way I might need to.

By the way, I've had private contractors delivering FedEx, during the week in my area.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread makes me laugh....
Another bash against UPS......please why don't you all use someone else if you think the grass is so much greener on the other side. I guess we are number one in the industry because we break and lose everything....cut me a f'n break.
I guess we should just hand out checks on a whim whenever anyone asks for one. That logo on the side of the truck must mean gold dollar signs to many of you.
Truth of the matter is there are so many freeloading scam artists out there trying to take UPS for anything they can get and all of you honest people with legitimate claims have to suffer the consequences of waiting for your money because of it.
You have no idea how many times I have been presented with a claim by a homeowner saying he never received his package that we left in between his storm door of his house. We leave packages in some areas for the convenience of the customer who is usually at work and not home to sign......most customers appreciate that. I tell that customer to get a police report since a theft has apparently taken place. Well.....the next day you'd be surprised at how many people have magically had that "stolen" package reappear with the excuse of:"my son little Johnny put it in our closet without telling us"...friggin lying scumbags. Those people didn't want to get the police involved because they received the item in question.
Packing is a major issue and also a high percentage of why packages are damaged.
Simply put....we are the best and do the highest volume and it aint gonna change.....you are stuck with us whether you like us or hate us. We aint goin nowhere
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for paying my salary and don't keep ******* me off or I will throw all your packages out of the truck at 65 MPH and give you whiners some damages to really ***** about.

:headbang: :D :D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Reaction score
Simply put....we are the best and do the highest volume and it aint gonna change.....you are stuck with us whether you like us or hate us. We aint goin nowhere
Gotta LOVE them new DHL commercials...huh?? LOL!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for paying my salary and don't keep ******* me off or I will throw all your packages out of the truck at 65 MPH and give you whiners some damages to really ***** about.
I just wanted to preserve this little tidbit of information as I am sure that while YOU think YOU speak on behalf of UPS in some official manner....I am most positive that some people above you (yes, higher up than the guy who washes your truck) will find your pissy defensive posturing very UN-funny. Everyone mostly understands what you said about the bad people making it harder for the real claimants.....but you aren't talking to the bad crowd here. Most of what I read sounded 100% on the level....and with the final claims in favor of the claimants...I can only surmise that UPS felt the same way. Hey, Beavus is looking for you! LOL!!! :rolleyes:

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta LOVE them new DHL commercials...huh?? LOL!!!

I just wanted to preserve this little tidbit of information as I am sure that while YOU think YOU speak on behalf of UPS in some official manner....I am most positive that some people above you (yes, higher up than the guy who washes your truck) will find your pissy defensive posturing very UN-funny. Everyone mostly understands what you said about the bad people making it harder for the real claimants.....but you aren't talking to the bad crowd here. Most of what I read sounded 100% on the level....and with the final claims in favor of the claimants...I can only surmise that UPS felt the same way. Hey, Beavus is looking for you! LOL!!! :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I guess DHL is really cutting into our business with my truck jammed to the hilt everyday...hmmm...maybe that's the cause of some of the damages.
I do love their commercials though. I guess that is why I have never been so busy this time of year and volume is up over last year. Yeah the're really makin a huge dent :rolleyes:
My comments about heaving them out at 65 MPH was a joke..you might want to lighten up a bit..no need to get your ******* in an uproar.. and I intend to print this out and show my higher ups this thread anyhow to let them see how we are viewed.Perhaps it may help if the higher ups see the complaints but I am sure they are well aware already since this seems to be so widespread according to the people here. Trust me...I am very good friends with regional managers..not to mention that I go above and beyond the call of a driver and have generated a lot of new business and "stolen" quite a few of our competitors accounts and have been rewarded very handsomely for my efforts...so I do not think I will be in the unemployment line anytime soon over my little chidish comments. Plus, as much as I hate the union....

overall they do a very good job in protecting us :2tu: .....huh..huh..huh..I said *******.huh..huh..........Butthead LOL
I love your..... I'm gonna tell on you attitude, Vipermad... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Reaction score
Hello??? Earth to Firecat???? Uhhh, maybe we could get you to change your username to "Mr. UPS.....and DON'T F with me!!" LOL You need to skip threads where you think you are being singled out...and YOU need to lighten up. I could see you getting all upset if they had written that YOU personally, ****....but alas, they did not.

Oh, and in case you missed it, the Butthead joke was used already. See....scroll up and look at how I told you that Beavus was looking for you. Nice try....but you'll need your own material if you're gonna survive around here (and this is weak stuff, realtively speaking).

You must have a guilty conscience....is that true? What most normal people would have posted, IMHO, would have been more along the lines of:

"Wow.....sorry you have had such troubles! I have worked for UPS for 10000 years and I've never had anything in my care damaged. Good luck"

But.....(or is that BUTT)...you had to take it personal. Hmmm....whatcha hiding, eh? :) :laugh:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Firecat F7 Viper"
Believe me Mr. truck driver. UPS is fighting for its life. Your truck may be full but that has nothing to do with making money or the company staying ahead of all the others after their business.

If you show this thread to some higher up folks. Make sure they are higher up folks that can still smell the truck fumes from their offices.
Take it from me guy, a real "higher up" would give you the boot if they knew what you were saying.

And,
I can tell you this Mr. truck driver. You have a bad attitude and I can also tell you, if I were on your route, and you ever, ever spouted this kind of crap to me, you would be at the very least, on some other route.

All I ask is to be treated like a valued customer. I'm not hard to deal with at all. I have my job you have yours.

But, I don't take crap from grocery baggers, store clerks,
or delivery people.

Just the reminder that you have provided will make me go out and look for an alternative shipper in my area.

Show that to your higher up buddies, Mr truck driver.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
An old pal of mine owns a "Mail Boxes" place. He told me that if you get a package insured for $1k or more, it will receive better care.

If they don't pay any claims, why would UPS care? Obviously that is not true. Look at how this thread started. A $6000 Roe supercharger destroyed?

I guess we should just hand out checks on a whim whenever anyone asks for one.

Nope. Only when I pay for insurance and you bend a box in half like a Suzanne Somers Thigh Master and then claim it broke due to "insufficient bubble wrap". Give ME a break. Oh wait. Your company already did...

Firecat,
You are the same bonehead that posted on the "UPS damaged HRE Wheel thread", singing the praises of UPS and making us out to be whiners with no legimate claim. I could care less about the fraud UPS has to deal with on a daily basis. It's the cost of doing business. Everyone has fraud to tend with. Haven't we all gotten an email from Mr. Ramy wanting to buy our Viper parts? Change your policy. This BS about taking money for "insurance" then denying all claims is just another example of an insurance company's policy of denying everything to create profits.
All the money I have spent on insurance with UPS over the years and the one time I have a problem - this is the result. Rest assured I will keep this thread alive with my progress. I can see pictures are in order here. Just wait and watch....

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Loves his job, doesn't he? Makes me more confident about using UPS. I use FEDEX.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy really makes me mad.
His, take it or leave it, attitude and his idea that there is no other way for us to ship?

Who the **** does he think he is? Does he have any idea how much shipping is done by people on this board? Does he know how many businesses are run by people on this board?

This ***** truck driver comes on here and tells us the kind of bull that he posted,
and on a thread about a guy who was put through so much crap because of UPS incompetence?

Firecat F7 Viper, you better thank your lucky stars that no real UPS big shots know the kind of corporate attitude you are revealing.

How many of you folks out there would put up with this kind of public crap from one of your low level employees?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy really makes me mad.
His, take it or leave it, attitude and his idea that there is no other way for us to ship?

Who the **** does he think he is? Does he have any idea how much shipping is done by people on this board? Does he know how many businesses are run by people on this board?

This ***** truck driver comes on here and tells us the kind of bull that he posted,
and on a thread about a guy who was put through so much crap because of UPS incompetence?

Firecat F7 Viper, you better thank your lucky stars that no real UPS big shots know the kind of corporate attitude you are revealing.

How many of you folks out there would put up with this kind of public crap from one of your low level employees?

You don't have to be an Einstein to drive a UPS truck. This guy's attitude will catch up with him at some point. It will be nature's way of culling the herd. :D :usa:

Reaction score
Another bash against UPS......please why don't you all use someone else if you think the grass is so much greener on the other side. I guess we are number one in the industry because we break and lose everything....cut me a f'n break.
I guess we should just hand out checks on a whim whenever anyone asks for one. That logo on the side of the truck must mean gold dollar signs to many of you.
Truth of the matter is there are so many freeloading scam artists out there trying to take UPS for anything they can get and all of you honest people with legitimate claims have to suffer the consequences of waiting for your money because of it.
You have no idea how many times I have been presented with a claim by a homeowner saying he never received his package that we left in between his storm door of his house. We leave packages in some areas for the convenience of the customer who is usually at work and not home to sign......most customers appreciate that. I tell that customer to get a police report since a theft has apparently taken place. Well.....the next day you'd be surprised at how many people have magically had that "stolen" package reappear with the excuse of:"my son little Johnny put it in our closet without telling us"...friggin lying scumbags. Those people didn't want to get the police involved because they received the item in question.
Packing is a major issue and also a high percentage of why packages are damaged.

:headbang: :D :D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch out for FEDEX ground. 3 days for clutch/pp/flywheel sent from Texas to California. Half the price of UPS and 5 days sooner. They are even starting to get internal heat for cutting into their overnight business.

Reaction score
Watch out for FEDEX ground. 3 days for clutch/pp/flywheel sent from Texas to California. Half the price of UPS and 5 days sooner. They are even starting to get internal heat for cutting into their overnight business.
No need to worry!! Firecat probably runs them off the road when he sees them...throwing packages out the window and telling everyone to quite whining! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery