UPS Claim VICTORY

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy really makes me mad.
His, take it or leave it, attitude and his idea that there is no other way for us to ship?

Who the **** does he think he is? Does he have any idea how much shipping is done by people on this board? Does he know how many businesses are run by people on this board?

This ***** truck driver comes on here and tells us the kind of bull that he posted,
and on a thread about a guy who was put through so much crap because of UPS incompetence?

Firecat F7 Viper, you better thank your lucky stars that no real UPS big shots know the kind of corporate attitude you are revealing.

How many of you folks out there would put up with this kind of public crap from one of your low level employees?
Yeah...I guess just like when we went on strike about 8 years ago. We virtually brought commerce to a screaching halt. Everyone scrambled to find new shippers and were very upset(understandably). I, for one did not agree with the strike. These irate customers swore they would never use UPS again. well.....lo and behold...wouldn't ya know it almost all came back to us within a years time. Again...we ARE the best and number one hands down. Sure there is competition and DHL has tried to undercut our pricing and the few that have tried them on my route have all come back within a months time....must be my charming personality. Sorry bout the cocky attitude but it really is hard to be modest when your number one! you guys are so easy to get going...I love it.
I am very proud to be an employee of UPS and beleive it or not Joey...I am very well liked on my route and many of my customers have not switched carriers solely because of me. I do take the care needed with their parcels and have become friends with many of my customers. I have been employee of the month several times....not to be confused with A-hole of the month.
Yes, I do feel for the honest people with legitimate claims and I am sure most of the Viper nation fits into this category didn't mean to accuse people on this board of fraud, I was making a general statement that most claims are bogus and with the huge volume we do it is a very small percentage that are legit.
As far as your low level employee statement goes......I think the driver is in the spotlight more then anyone else in the company. He deals with the public....he is who you see on the streets...The driver IS UPS...so I do feel I have some clout here to voice my opinion not to mention that I own enough stock that would make your jaw drop. Stock that was purchased before IPO and doubled when going public. Yes the lowly, peon, pauper driver you refer too can make a tremendous living and also retire at an early age....I may not be an Einstein but I played my cards right and also stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night.
Thanks for all the compliments guys... Glad I was able to help liven up this rather lame, mundane and morgue like(lacking a better word) atmosphere here.
Feel free to flame away boyzzzzzz
BTW...Diapermad...is this a bad time to ask for you to post an avatar?? :D

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Holiday Inn express"

Is that some kind of inside joke?

Anyway, your latest post sounds a little more reasonable. I hope you make lots of money and that your stock goes up.
I wish all good to you.

Let me give you a little piece of advice, Please.

Never talk, in public, the way you did in the other post. I'm not telling you what to think, I'm just telling you what's smart.

Reaction score
Ah, the old "I was just trying to liven things up a bit" ploy? UPS *****, several people will not use them any more as a result of your stupidity and a-hole attitude. All of that could have been avoided if you had acted like a true ambassador to your employer....instead of getting defensive (and subsequently acting like you were just playing along). You have your take-it-or-leave it attutide...many will take it...but now many will not. Good job!! I think if they knew what you really did and how you realy acted you would not have been employee of the month (but isn't that hw it goes.....the truly deserving are passed over because they are out working while you polish the knob). Then, you start to feel like you were out of line....too much material quoted and you can't edit...so you do the next best thing. :Ah, thanks guys...I was just messing with you. Really....I'm a nice guy. Thanks for the fun". You didn't liven up squat....you just mad yourself look like as asp for all the world to see.....and it is immortalized forever.

Sure, send the image.....not a problem. See, unlike you (apparently), I don't let my personal issues mix in with my "job". :)

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, he wasn't just messing with us. He's been on here before with that same attitude.

Because of him, I'll look for other ways to ship. I'm sure others will too.

He is doing his company a disservice.

And that claim that he was going to send a copy of this thread to his regional manager?
I think that's where he was just playing with us.

He hasn't got the stones for that. No, that was just brag.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a time when Sears was number one....

There was a time when Kmart was number one....

There was a time when AT&T was number one....

There was a time when UPS....

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you just never know who might read this.

I have read this entire thread. I am extremly surprised that "Firecat" would post such a strongly opionated and degrating statement. UPS has a policy that all employees will represent the "Company" to their best ability and always act in a professional and courteous manner. I have the honor of knowing a Senior VP within the company. I can assure you he will find no humor in this employee's view of the company, attitude and the disrespect he has shown. I don't know if he is indeed employed @ UPS, but we are going to find out.

Also, I would be very interested in any other posts where this man has stated he is an employee and has made similar remarks with the same tone.

Thank you.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another Firecat quote from a Previous thread regarding shipping:

You want to see UPS damage, just write "This is not a football" on the outside.

Come on........didn't you ever see that Jim Carrie(sp) movie, ACE Ventura where he is a UPS driver kicking the boxes. That is exactly how we handle packages. :D
It really is between the shipper and UPS as Joe117 said.
You will most likely be getting a damage Call tag.

Oh yeah and here is my favorite Firecat quote of UPS policy (NOT!)

In any event, you will get your new rim or the value(I assume you insured for over $100.00) one way or the other(no need to sue)....most likely UPS will pay the claim regardless of who is at fault to try to keep good customer relations. Although it will probably take longer than a week.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy.....I am shakin now.
Yeah....sticking up for a company that you are proud to work for that is being bashed are grounds for immediate termination :rolleyes:
Yes, I do take the "UPS *****" comments rather personally and as direct attacks on my livelihood as was stated in an earlier post by one of the bandwagon jumpers that were bashing UPS back in June I beleive.
I think many others would be sticking up for their profession if it were the one being berated.
Be my guest in talking to your "friend".
My boss has already viewed this thread with very little reaction and quite frankly this whole thing has become frivolous juvenile bickering.
Sorry BluBite...no discipline problems ever on my end...very well liked by mngnt..

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right, the UPS ***** comment was what set you off.

The fact that you took the comment as an unfair attack on your employer, was not the problem.

The problem was your response.
You told people that UPS doesn't need troublesome customers who very well may be trying to extort money from UPS by making false claims.
You said false claims were common.
You said that people should go find some other shipper if they thought they could.
You bragged about the strike shutting down business.

You said you were going to show this thread to your regional manager.

I think you are bluffing.
You don't have the ba11s for that, all brag.
I wonder what excuse you will make.

Reaction score
This is not bashing. Bashing is when people pitch a fit for no reason. This is unhappy customers being treated like crap, and perfect examples of piss-poor customer service. Throw in an arrogant "superman" who thiks he needs to defend his company (the comapny HE says is doing so well that unhappy customers can take a hike)....when all along he should be trying to foster better customer service. I think someone will take you up on your challenge...and I think you'll be a little surprised. So...if I have UPS officials looking for your info...do I have your permission to provide it? (Not that that is important as it appears to all be in your profile, viewable to the public).

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My boss has already viewed this thread with very little reaction and quite frankly this whole thing has become frivolous juvenile bickering.

Good one! Now you've gotten YOUR BOSS involved, and if his boss has more than a "little reaction" you will both be looking for work. At FedX maybe? As truck loaders?

You are right though....this thread goes way above and beyond where it should have. Due to only one person.

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Wheeler,

I could care less what your employment record is. You obviously have some type underlying anger to react the way you have regarding your responses. I too have had 2 problems with UPS. I never mentioned it to my friend nor would I share it here. But what I do care about is your lack of control and immature reaction to somebody's statement that they are having trouble with UPS. I do not want to see anybody stop using UPS because of your uncontrollable rage. Yes, I believe something needs to be done to make sure you don't harm or run off anymore customers. The people who use the site seem to have a higher income and more likely to use a shipping company like UPS more frequently than the average person. You have been able to run off several so far, but you still cannot connect the dots.

You say that you are responsible for developing several new customers, that's great, but how many have you destroyed because of your temper and through these responses? We will never know, but in the future, try using a cool even head. When you take it upon yourself to be a Company spokesman, do it with class, stand tall and show that everyone you can handle the heat. This is the difference between what makes a man and a boy.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed....I am shot down in flames..
It was easy to get a cocky sarcastic attitude and hide behind the computer screen. I let my emotions run wild and thought nothing of being a complete *******.I AM sorry.
I could have and should have posted in a more mature way without trying to be funny through stupid sarcasm.
After re-reading everything...I realize I did UPS no favors to say the least.
I also want to apologize for lashing out and trying to mock the forum. There is great Viper info here and have been helped out by many here. I guess I was biting the hand that feeds.
Also a special apology to Vipermad and Joe.....I did not mean anything personal in the least to any of you.
I am very sorry for my lack of control and lack of class and character and am quite embarrassed...I was wrong..
I am sincerely thankful for the reality check

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed....I am shot down in flames..
It was easy to get a cocky sarcastic attitude and hide behind the computer screen. I let my emotions run wild and thought nothing of being a complete *******.I AM sorry.
I could have and should have posted in a more mature way without trying to be funny through stupid sarcasm.
After re-reading everything...I realize I did UPS no favors to say the least.
I also want to apologize for lashing out and trying to mock the forum. There is great Viper info here and have been helped out by many here. I guess I was biting the hand that feeds.
Also a special apology to Vipermad and Joe.....I did not mean anything personal in the least to any of you.
I am very sorry for my lack of control and lack of class and character and am quite embarrassed...I was wrong..
I am sincerely thankful for the reality check

You don't see that very often.....

I feel better already. Maybe this is a sign my claim WILL be paid......

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used UPS in my company for several years to deliver small orders to customers that didn't want to pay the minimum shipment charge for for the goods they bought for me by using a common freight carrier. I own a textile jobbing business out of South Carolina, and corporate office in New Jersey. Almost every single time we shipped rolls of material out of our warehouse using UPS, you could almost guarantee yourself that one or more of the rolls would never see their destination! If they did get there it was like one roll on monday, 2 on wednesday, and the balence received on thurdays or
NEVER. Now I sell everything out of my warehouse FOB: My whse. so I never pay the freight, got it. But you can be sure that I caught the aggravation and the heat for my product not making it to my customers on time or at all! Now when these UPS customers of mine wish to ship goods UPS I warn them of all the poor luck had by the many others I cater to and advise them to use another route. Let me stress that I can confidently say that I was able to divert almost a million dollars in shipping charges away from UPS over the past year ALONE. And given the attitude of this employee of theirs I can say that with a smile on my face. Now when I have a customer who wishes to use UPS I think I can save my breath and just show them the printout of this thread which will be hanging on my wall!!! P.S.-You can bet this guy doesn't show anyone at UPS this thread now!

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all stink. I've had major problems with UPS, FedEx & FedEx Ground (at least here in FLA...better quality of employees when I lived in Calif).

DHL looks promising. I've started using them to ship my computers...we'll see.

BTW...how does a UPS driver afford a Viper anyway (not trying to sound eliteist, but $50k a yr. doesn't leave much for toys)???

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
danny, I don't want to stoop to the level of this person in that manner but i do follow your suspicion. however, that is not whats important in this matter, and the fact that he is apologizing now only tells me that he never showed this post to his higher-ups, but he is now worried someone else is! I am happy to get the apology but I think the damage has already been done.

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't get me wrong. I didn't post the salary question as a slam, but when I drive by the local UPS facility, I do not see Viper's/Escalades/Hummers in the employee parking lot.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on the parking lot. Here in Louisville the UPS pilots job is one of the most coveted and fiscally rewarding. (I know he stated he was a truck driver).

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used UPS in my company for several years to deliver small orders to customers that didn't want to pay the minimum shipment charge for for the goods they bought for me by using a common freight carrier. I own a textile jobbing business out of South Carolina, and corporate office in New Jersey. Almost every single time we shipped rolls of material out of our warehouse using UPS, you could almost guarantee yourself that one or more of the rolls would never see their destination! If they did get there it was like one roll on monday, 2 on wednesday, and the balence received on thurdays or
NEVER. Now I sell everything out of my warehouse FOB: My whse. so I never pay the freight, got it. But you can be sure that I caught the aggravation and the heat for my product not making it to my customers on time or at all! Now when these UPS customers of mine wish to ship goods UPS I warn them of all the poor luck had by the many others I cater to and advise them to use another route. Let me stress that I can confidently say that I was able to divert almost a million dollars in shipping charges away from UPS over the past year ALONE. And given the attitude of this employee of theirs I can say that with a smile on my face. Now when I have a customer who wishes to use UPS I think I can save my breath and just show them the printout of this thread which will be hanging on my wall!!! P.S.-You can bet this guy doesn't show anyone at UPS this thread now!
Look....I know I did not post in the best way I could have(with the attitude and all) and I am very sorry for that. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have had in the past also. Have you really had better luck with FedEx or DHL? I have heard just as many bad stories about them also.
Please try to understand that I am between a rock and a hard place here.
I hate to hear the company I work for given a black eye not only as an employee but also as a substantial stockholder.
I know the complaints here seem justified and I would be very angry also if I put myself in your shoes whether it is UPS's fault or poor packaging by the shipper makes no difference. You expect your packages to arrive and arrive unharmed and the aggravation in getting claims settled according to some of you is also troubling.
I am not trying to make enemies here. I have been helped on every Viper question I ever had. If I had been smarter I would have never replied in the first place and this thread would have quickly fallen many pages back.
Again...I hope those with claims pending have speedy settlements. As much as an SOB I can be at times, I don't like to hear these painful damages and claims processes that you are going through.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all stink. I've had major problems with UPS, FedEx & FedEx Ground (at least here in FLA...better quality of employees when I lived in Calif).

DHL looks promising. I've started using them to ship my computers...we'll see.

BTW...how does a UPS driver afford a Viper anyway (not trying to sound eliteist, but $50k a yr. doesn't leave much for toys)???

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
I agree that they all have problems but statistically it is a very small percentage when the overall volume is factored in. Of course it doesn't seem that way when it happens to you.
I don't know why you brought up what I make or what YOU THINK I make or where you ever got 50K from.
Your 50k figure is very low as even a base and that's not including
when you add sales lead programs and other incentive programs in. Not to mention outstanding health benefits which I assume add up to thousands per year. I don't know what that would cost since I don't pay a dime for it.I was making over 50K 15 years ago with UPS if you must know or if it baffles you how a driver can afford a Viper.
It is kinda funny though...I get this question from many people who think as you do...I am used to it.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't get me wrong. I didn't post the salary question as a slam, but when I drive by the local UPS facility, I do not see Viper's/Escalades/Hummers in the employee parking lot.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
You will never see my Viper in our UPS parking lot.
Too many part timers coming and going and they pack our parking lots like sardines. I would have so many door dings and would worry constantly leaving it in the lot. So most of the drivers, management etc. do not drive their nicer cars to work.
Maybe you will understand some of the parking issues of a Viper when you get your GTS in 05.......much different then parking a Vette.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery