V.I.P.E.R. Defender TV Movie car Auction

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On popular internet auction site...

Anyone remember the TV show V.I.P.E.R. from the 1990's here's your chances to be a crime fighter.

This car has had a very high end build done to it. The car was built by the company who built the cars for the show and many other TV/Movies UniqueMovieCarsLasVegas. Who better to build it then the company who built them for the show. The car is based on the only thing it was built for which was a Dodge Viper with a V8 motor and it is just as nice as the rest of the car. It runs and drives as good as it looks which you do get a lot of looks in it..

This show was a big hit in the 90's the show ran from 1992-1999 it was the new knight rider for the 90's. Nobody else has one of these cars they have not be duplicated like all of the other movie cars out there. This is a true hand built one of a kind, if the car hits the reserve price I will let all of the memorabilia go take a look at the picture attached.

You must be registered for see images attach

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They tried to auction that car in Monterey a couple of years ago. They wanted like $300k for it. I looked the car over pretty good and it is a typical movie car build (i.e. not high quality, just slapped together). Cool car none the less, but not worth anywhere near the kind of money they want. I loved watching that show when I was younger.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Somewhere in my ginormous VIPER collection I've got the whole VIPER TV SHOW taped on VHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see it come out officially on DVD! Lots of other obscure shows have been made..why not VIPER?!

Every now and then (I think NOW) there are copies of the VIPER TV Comics up on ebay...there were four issues altogether.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhere in my ginormous VIPER collection I've got the whole VIPER TV SHOW taped on VHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see it come out officially on DVD! Lots of other obscure shows have been made..why not VIPER?!

Every now and then (I think NOW) there are copies of the VIPER TV Comics up on ebay...there were four issues altogether.

Netflix or youtube?

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing this show when it came out, but never really got into it. I wonder why they decided to go with a V8....if it is based on a Viper, why not keep the powertrain instead of doing a conversion? Seems more work than to just change some of the body panels....anyways, it does look interesting. Wonder what it is selling for?

Rare Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been hunting for the seasons on DVD too!

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the conversation I had with the builder of the cars for the show the cars were widened and lengthened (as it sliced right down the middle and stretched). Originally the car had a Viper V10 and 6 speed, but it was an early pre production unit and wasn't able to handle the abuse the stunt crew was putting it through so they swapped it out for a 360 and 727 torqueflite automatic. I took a bunch of pictures of the car at the auction if anyone wants to see the build quality of the car. Oh and final bid at the auction in Monterey was $270k.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the ad. It sounds like this was not used in the show but an extra someone had made by the company that made them for the show? I dunno it was hard to understand what he was describing in the ad.

Anyone remember the TV show V.I.P.E.R. from the 1990's here's your chances to be a crime fighter.

This car has had a very high end build done to it. The car was built by the company who built the cars for the show and many other TV/Movies UniqueMovieCarsLasVegas. Who better to build it then the company who built them for the show. The car is based on the only thing it was built for which was a Dodge Viper with  a V8 motor and it is just as nice as the rest of the car. It runs and drives as good as it looks which you do get a lot of looks in it..

This show was a big hit in the 90's the show ran from 1992-1999 it was the new knight rider for the 90's. Nobody else has one of these cars they have not be duplicated like all of the other movie cars out there. This is a true hand built one of a kind, if the car hits the reserve price I will let all of the memorabilia go take a look at the picture attached.

The car is begin sold  AS-IS on a BILL-Of-SALE not built for road use, for display and events purposes only

I have explained everything to the best of my knowledge of the car and what I know of the car email with question I will try to answer them the best I can 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJXf6-OMWM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uUJXf6-OMWM

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember seeing this show when it came out, but never really got into it. I wonder why they decided to go with a V8....if it is based on a Viper, why not keep the powertrain instead of doing a conversion? Seems more work than to just change some of the body panels....anyways, it does look interesting. Wonder what it is selling for?

A lot of the stunt guys prefer to use auto transmissions. I imagine that it may have been an issue with putting an auto onto the existing engine at the time. It's just easier to get a cheap engine that fits with a slushbox that can be replaced easily and inexpensively. They also put the rear brake bias way up so that the rear end could swing around a lot easier to look more impressive on film.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Based on the ad. It sounds like this was not used in the show but an
extra someone had made by the company that made them for the
show? I dunno it was hard to understand what he was describing in
the ad.

Per contract with Dodge, all the show cars, parts, and the three
defender mock-ups had to be destroyed under guard in order to get
licensing approval. Dodge did not want someone buying a Defender
and "compromising" the saftey of a production viper by putting the