VCA EXCLUSIVE: Your next big scoop on 2008!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No winks, no nudges - the real deal. On Tuesday, January 9th be sure to check the VCA Members Only forum for a hot new twist from SRT. You will read and SEE it there FIRST before even the press gets it. And I suspect you will be very, very pleased.

Membership does indeed have its privileges, so stay tuned!

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess: You're going to include one for each of us in with the next issue of Viper magazine?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any particular time for the press release?
The press won't get this until later. It is not part of the press package that they received nor will be. As for when it will appear here, figure Tuesday morning. Early. And if they decide to mail one with each VIPER magazine, I got dibs on the first one! And no pretzels either... :D

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<And judging by your previous posts, you should be pleased...

Damn - that last wink doesn't count! >>

Hmmm, after a quick review of the very prolific warfang's posts, things he mentioned or illustrated as desirable in the last week:

-salty pretzels
-a new, better organized company to support vca membership, applications, etc.
-lower weight in the '08 viper
-less expensive weather stripping
-optional 3.42 gearing
I bet 2 of the above will be involved as part of Tuesday's news
Can't wait to hear more!! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmm, after a quick review of the very prolific warfang's posts, things he mentioned or illustrated as desirable in the last week:

-salty pretzels
-optional 3.42 gearing
You missed a couple...

Oh yeah, scratch #1 above and #2 is already announced as in the works. The real deal is better anyway...

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You missed a couple...

>>

OK, I went further back in my reading of all of warfang's recent stuff- Chris is right- warfang also asked for:
-no traction control, optional traction control, defeatable traction control
-a party involving post-hung hussein and the devil
-forged paperweights
-dry sump, wings, splitters, upgrades on suspension, exhaust, pcm
-drop comp coupe, offer competition package on new coupe

Less weight, optional traction control, optional wing package and competition package, optional 3.42 gears sound good.....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I was asked to keep this a secret, but I'm going to go on and let the cat out of the bag. VCA will probably ban me, but oh well, I've been kicked out of other places before. The secret is anyone nice enough to buy me a new 08' SRT will be treated to a sight seeing tour of lovely Macon, GA (total estimated time: 15 mins) and all the chicken wings you can eat at *******! :)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-salty pretzels
-optional 3.42 gearing
You missed a couple...

Oh yeah, scratch #1 above and #2 is already announced as in the works. The real deal is better anyway...
mmmmmm... hot and twisty pretzels... (Homer drool noise here)

I do have to say, even if DC didn't announce anything extra on Tues, I'm pretty impressed with whats announced so far. Anything more is gravy. :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have to say, even if DC didn't announce anything extra on Tues, I'm pretty impressed with whats announced so far. Anything more is gravy. :2tu:
Better bring your ladle then, 'cause a spoon won't work...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
This has GOTTA be related to what Jay alluded to-

He said the REAL BIG NEWS about the 08 Viper hadn't been released yet.

Forgive my speculation, but I think its a big weight reduction, maybe 3100#, due to carbon fiber body panels, more titanium, aluminum or magnesium useage, or possibly an unobtainium frame? :D

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that would be incorrect insofar as Jay is concerned. With the utmost respect to Jay, this was not announced at VOI or to anybody outside of DCX unless they had a nondisclosure signed in blood. Nobody in the VCA knew about this before today, unless they also happen to work for DC/SRT. You guys (and gals) will be the FIRST to get this scoop. As I stated previously, no winks, no nudges... :)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I was asked to keep this a secret, but I'm going to go on and let the cat out of the bag. VCA will probably ban me, but oh well, I've been kicked out of other places before. The secret is anyone nice enough to buy me a new 08' SRT will be treated to a sight seeing tour of lovely Macon, GA (total estimated time: 15 mins) and all the chicken wings you can eat at *******! :)
As Uncle Lewis said in Christmas Vacation, "Dammit Bethany, he guessed it..."

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the winks and hint..hint crap, I ordered a FE Coupe due in part to this. I am happy with the car but just not the hp increase DCX was winking/ hinting too...

So let me quess, The 08 is 650hp and over 100k, and lets not forget the 20 special editions that are sure to follow.

Or we are all wrong, its a 1/18 scale or 1/24 scale model VCA edition Coupe/Vert that will be offered to members only at a cost of $200.00 each limit 2 per member......

OK, you got my attention, can not wait till Tuesday...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the winks and hint..hint crap, I ordered a FE Coupe due in part to this. I am happy with the car but just not the hp increase DCX was winking/ hinting too...

So let me quess, The 08 is 650hp and over 100k, and lets not forget the 20 special editions that are sure to follow.

Or we are all wrong, its a 1/18 scale or 1/24 scale model VCA edition Coupe/Vert that will be offered to members only at a cost of $200.00 each limit 2 per member......

Well, if it happens to run over you (or any Chebby) in Detroit in about a week then I guess you will be a believer... And a wink just for you: ;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, if it happens to run over you (or any Chebby) in Detroit in about a week then I guess you will be a believer... And a wink just for you: ;)
2 winks AFTER promising no winks... you should run for office. ;)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where is this VCA Members only forum?
For those folks that are paid VCA members the forum appears on the main page when you are logged in. If you are not registered on the site as a VCA member (verfied by Viper HQ) then you cannot see or enter that forum.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Could someone please help me change my status on this board????? I have tried to no avail. Have been a VCA member for years! #20638

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

haha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang