VCA raffle

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie.:)
I always thought the VCA raffle was an incredible event. Isn't it amazing to win an unique Viper?
But the raffle is reserved to VCA members only.
What's the point to win another Viper (yes I know, a special one) when you already own one or more (yes, there's lucky guys out there with an one of a kind viper collection)?:dunno:
Wouldn't make it more sense to let enthusiastic non-viper owner a chance to win their dream car?:(

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tickets are very limited numbering around 2000. This improves the odds drastically. And it usually sells out so the presumed thinking is why not limit it to the people who have actually paid dues to belong to the VCA club. So it is a privilige of PAID membership. And in order to JOIN VCA you must own a Viper. So yes it is limited to owners.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MKII: Quote " but the raffle is limited to VCA members"
believe your recommendation would open the club up to "scavengers" - those who take advantage of the perks but do little to be supporting members........

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be limited to VCA members? Not limiting it to VCA members would make joining the club less attractive. Look at it as an appreciation of those who have supported the viper.

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,I understand your points, specially the 'scavengers' thing.
It's just too bad you must be a viper owner to join the VCA.
I don't own a Viper but I would be more than happy to pay the subscription to the club as a supporter of the car I will eternally love.
Just like I collect VM issues for years now and subscribe on a regular basis because I want to support my favourite car mag.
Even thought I no Viper owner.
I'm no less a viper lover.
But I do understand it is a viper owners club first,not a viper fans club.
It's a little sad cause some true Viperolics (not the scavengers)are left aside...until the day they will be able to make their wild dream come true.
Anyway I'm very gracefull to all VCA members for the job they made to create a really friendly community and by supporting Dodge to keep the dream alive.
The link you share is unique.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there is an idea for chris, make a "site supporter" membership. only problem is cain would be the only member...

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is an idea for chris, make a "site supporter" membership. only problem is cain would be the only member...

:2tu: Awesome idea, I like it.
To be the one and only official site supporter who didn't own a Viper.:rolaugh:
Nice one Viperjay.:headbang:

I feel a little lonely here suddenly:(
Are you saying that the viper doesn't raise any fan interest outside the owners?
I don't think so and it's underestimating the Viper powerfull attractive appeal.

Cool thing is, I'm sure to be a raffle winner since I would be the only member. lol.

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually we have had a few people approach us with this idea. I suspect it can be done, but we then have to decide what the benefits would be. Do you provide access to the VCA Members Only forum where we think nothing but happy thoughts? And would that grant them the right to buy raffle tickets? Almost certainly not on the latter, as then they are essentially open to the general public - they just pay a premium before they can buy tickets.

Also, how much do they pay as a site supporter? The idea would be to collect something similar to an actual VCA member dues if we were to consider it. After all, you don't want to be spending $115 when Cain gets the same forum bennies for $1.95, right? :D

Seriously, it is an interesting idea that definitely merits more discussion.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
membership is membership. they would also have to pay $115. should they get a shot at the raffle? i would think so. if the raffle is that popular, have 2 raffle's per year. hell, milk it while you can. twice as much money for the vca :D

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it has to happen someday, I would gladly pay $115 to be a VCA member, to be part of the family, to support the Viper.
It may sound silly but...this is how much I praise for my favourite car community.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>And in order to JOIN VCA you must own a Viper.<<<

Are you sure this applies to all regions?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie.:)
I always thought the VCA raffle was an incredible event. Isn't it amazing to win an unique Viper?
But the raffle is reserved to VCA members only.
What's the point to win another Viper (yes I know, a special one) when you already own one or more (yes, there's lucky guys out there with an one of a kind viper collection)?:dunno:
Wouldn't make it more sense to let enthusiastic non-viper owner a chance to win their dream car?:(

Gotta LOVE your enthusiasm, CAIN!!! I LOVE that you are so supportive and so FEVERISH about Vipers...yes, we welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll know that feeling. As you can see, you bring up some good points, and we can all SEE how you feel about Vipers, so you ARE in essence a part of the VCA community...the question boils down to: Can NON-Viper owners join the VCA? We certainly could get discussions going on this one...I for one, would favor it...would have to work out the particulars with the moderators/VCA president also possibly? THIS is a VERY interesting thread...kudos to you CAIN for your love of Vipers~~~!! :2tu: :headbang: ~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Cain MKII,

You know they sell timeshares for condos, they sell timeshares for jets, maybe what you need to do is pioneer the business to timeshare a Viper!! You get 9 other buddies, divide up the summer nights, share the costs and viola, you've got a Viper.....heck you might even be able to split the costs of three raffle tickets between the bunch of you and if you win a 2nd....well there's double the summer nights to ride in your dream.

Dream big, you have no idea when you'll be blessed and the Viper will be in your garage...so that you can go sit it in at any time of day, grip the wheel and remember all those times you dreamed of owning it......and now you do!

There are so many of us here you dreamed of a Viper, set aside a little dough here and there and then one day we found the Viper of our dreams and we had enough to keep it. Maybe it's a 2nd job to get your dream, whatever it takes you'll value every mile more when you remember the sacrifices you made to make your dream come true!

So Cain, what year is your dream Viper and what color?

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta LOVE your enthusiasm, CAIN!!! I LOVE that you are so supportive and so FEVERISH about Vipers...yes, we welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll know that feeling. As you can see, you bring up some good points, and we can all SEE how you feel about Vipers, so you ARE in essence a part of the VCA community...the question boils down to: Can NON-Viper owners join the VCA? We certainly could get discussions going on this one...I for one, would favor it...would have to work out the particulars with the moderators/VCA president also possibly? THIS is a VERY interesting thread...kudos to you CAIN for your love of Vipers~~~!! :2tu: :headbang: ~juli

Thank you very much for your nice words here,it really warmed my heart.:)
And thank you Aaron for your support.

Ok so my favourite Viper would be a 2002 GTS with 1997 wheels design (or GTS BBS wheels).
I would keep it stock or...customazise it with Hennessey's bodykit or Autoform' GTS daytona replica bodykit.
And of course repaint it Blue with white stripes (my favourite colour scheme) or....White with blue stripes.
I could buy it now ,specially with today dollars rate, but I won't have enough money to bring it in Tahiti.
Why???Because of taxes.
First there is 50% on non European car. Second, There a taxe based on the age of the car: 5% more per years.
The older the car, the higher the price unless you import a 40 years collection car.
Buying the new SRT10 coupe would be cheaper...it's a very beautyfull car but my heart belong to the GTS.

My tragedy: Two years ago doctors discovered my wife have a cancer.
We went in New Zealand for surgery and in France for radiotherapy and chimiotherapy.
Everything seems fine for now and my wife is just full of life.
Our bank accounts on the other side...It's not important, it's just money.

I swear,one day I will drive my viper...Even if it take me 40 years.
I will try to post some photos tomorrow regarding my passion for the Viper.

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dear Cain MKII,

You know they sell timeshares for condos, they sell timeshares for jets, maybe what you need to do is pioneer the business to timeshare a Viper!! You get 9 other buddies, divide up the summer nights, share the costs and viola, you've got a Viper.....heck you might even be able to split the costs of three raffle tickets between the bunch of you and if you win a 2nd....well there's double the summer nights to ride in your dream.

Dream big, you have no idea when you'll be blessed and the Viper will be in your garage...so that you can go sit it in at any time of day, grip the wheel and remember all those times you dreamed of owning it......and now you do!

There are so many of us here you dreamed of a Viper, set aside a little dough here and there and then one day we found the Viper of our dreams and we had enough to keep it. Maybe it's a 2nd job to get your dream, whatever it takes you'll value every mile more when you remember the sacrifices you made to make your dream come true!

So Cain, what year is your dream Viper and what color?

Regards,
Aaron

that is a good idea aaron. and the poor fool who wrecks it will get an 8 on 1 beat down. they could sell tickets to that to pay for the new viper. this is getting more and more interesting. maybe chad could get some ****** girls to be the ring girls:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your nice words here,it really warmed my heart.:)
And thank you Aaron for your support.
Ok so my favourite Viper would be a 2002 GTS with 1997 wheels design (or GTS BBS wheels).
I would keep it stock or...customazise it with Hennessey's bodykit or Autoform' GTS daytona replica bodykit.
And of course repaint it Blue with white stripes (my favourite colour scheme) or....White with blue stripes.
I could buy it now ,specially with today dollars rate, but I won't have enough money to bring it in Tahiti.
Why???Because of taxes.
First there is 50% on non European car. Second, There a taxe based on the age of the car: 5% more per years.
The older the car, the higher the price unless you import a 40 years collection car.
Buying the new SRT10 coupe would be cheaper...it's a very beautyfull car but my heart belong to the GTS.
My tragedy: Two years ago doctors discovered my wife have a cancer.
We went in New Zealand for surgery and in France for radiotherapy and chimiotherapy.
Everything seems fine for now and my wife is just full of life.
Our bank accounts on the other side...It's not important, it's just money.
I swear,one day I will drive my viper...Even if it take me 40 years.
I will try to post some photos tomorrow regarding my passion for the Viper.

CAIN: I am so very sorry your wife and you went thru such a medical scare: cancer. I am very glad to hear that she is well and full of life!! May that continue for the rest of your lives. It's very humbling to hear from someone like you who has what we ALL have, passion for the Viper, and most of all, passion for life. You have a goal...we all fervently hope that one day you will have YOUR Viper...the way YOU want it...and our very very best to you and your wife and family...cancer is a disease you go through life with...may your life be full, happy and healthy. Keep us posted~~and YESS--PICS!!! ~juli

OP
OP
C

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) Thank Mike & Juli for your kind words; my wife and I really appreciate them.;)
We decided to live our life without thinking about this terrible decease, to get rid of it as if it was completly cured,
but we know for the 5 years to come, it can still be around, in a corner, waiting to show it's ugly face.:mad:

Back to Viper madness, I do collect anything viper related like most of you: magazines, diecast models...
Here are some of my favourite items.
My collection of VM:
You must be registered for see images

The viper brochures. They are the most beautifull automotive brochures I ever saw.
High quality, Huge glamourous photos spred on heavy glossy paper. Insane :headbang:

More books. Yes I'm crazy enough to buy the service manual and owner's manual for a car I don't have yet.:D

I can't buy the GTS now (and maybe not before a long time) so I have to buy my favourite accessories while they were still available.:crazy2:
Carbon fiber Dashboard kit:

Metal parts to customazise the dashboard, custom painted blank keys and remote control.Lighter, brand new stickers and a new emblem.

Rear trunk carpet, embroided:

My favourite viper part:

Geez, I really must sound like some kinda geek...:rolaugh:
I will start to collect GTS accessories again next year.

Hey! Did you know that back in 1996-1997,Dodge brought a viper by plane in Tahiti for promotional show?
I think it was a south pacific tour for the Viper.
It was just terrific, love at first sight.
The only thing hotter than a Viper would be...The F14 tomcat.:D

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cain,

I am very happy to hear that your wife has beat cancer, I'll say a prayer that you'll be blessed enough that your Viper dreams will come true...your memorabilia collection is awesome!!!!

2002 is a great year (same as mine) white strips on Blue or Blue Stripes on white; both great choices!!!

ViperJay,

Yes, the other guys would really be reminding everyone to be VERY careful, cause you're right, I'd beat the guy who smashed up the Viper if I was a shareholder!

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cain: We will continue to keep you and your wife in our thoughts, hoping that the 5 years goes by quickly with no remissions of the cancer. You have wonderful passions--never lose sight of them!! GORGEOUS Viper collection!! Our best to you~~keep that enthusiasm going!! ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang