Verts with Coupe Rear Conversion pics thread!!

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do any of you have a fitted gen 3 convertible car cover? if so how does it fit with the coupe rear?

Wish I could see in person to compare, I imagine pics don't do it justice

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the hennessy difusser on carbon fiber, as for the convertion it looks nice but I really like the verts rear.
You must be registered for see images attach
Where did you get it done in CF? Hennessy sells it in fiberglass only. This looks right down wicked. And what spoiler is this on the rear decklid? Looks like CF as well.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you have a fitted gen 3 convertible car cover? if so how does it fit with the coupe rear?

Wish I could see in person to compare, I imagine pics don't do it justice

You are 100% right, pictures do not do it justice.

Feedback form people that have the conversion is that they get 2 -3 times the "looks" that they normally get with this conversion. And I can tell you from personal experience, the car just takes on a **** look that it didn't have before. This is exactly what Ralph was going for with the new Gen5, to get back to the classic Coke bottle female curvature of the exotic car look.

A perfect analogy would be if you had your choice of a GF with a perfect figure or a GF with curves up top but no shape below, which would you choose, Now if you already had a GF with no shape below, it's not like your gonna dis your GF by publicly stating you like the other one better, but we all know what these guys are really thinking.... LOL

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly what Ralph was going for with the new Gen5, to get back to the classic Coke bottle female curvature of the exotic car look.

Well, let's see what the convertible looks like when it comes out. Wonder if they will keep the same rear or change it.

I like the coupe rear for sure. However, I guess I think the coupe HATCH is the best part, how it flows back there and give a whole new shape to the car.

Hey, if the car I was looking for happened to have this rear conversion, I wouldn't kick it out of bed. I guess I need to see one in person as well.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, let's see what the convertible looks like when it comes out. Wonder if they will keep the same rear or change it.

I like the coupe rear for sure. However, I guess I think the coupe HATCH is the best part, how it flows back there and give a whole new shape to the car.

Hey, if the car I was looking for happened to have this rear conversion, I wouldn't kick it out of bed. I guess I need to see one in person as well.

I personally have not seen the new convert concept from Dodge, but I have been told by a few that the resemblance to this kit is , very close to say the least.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn good question, looks like an IT guy is getting a slap to the back of the head this AM...
yes, I think you should revamp your website, hard to consider something if you do not know it is even out there.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK. I will play. In my opinion there is absolutely no comparison between the coupe rear and the convertible one. The coupe one looks so much better. Here is proof:

For me this is the angle where the coupe rear makes all the difference in the world:

Enough said :)

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheating with Street Serpent package! :) The larger more agressive front end balances the rear a bit better than the rear alone. That FRONT end should be on all the Vipers.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cheating with Street Serpent package! :) The larger more agressive front end balances the rear a bit better than the rear alone. That FRONT end should be on all the Vipers.

Life is so unfair sometimes that everyone should be allowed to cheat once in a while. ;)

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless my eyes fail me, this is not the entire bumper, just add on side extensions. And yes, I agree, the street serpent front end is really what this car needs. I think the street serpent front bumper is made of fiberglass though, based on past experience with front fiberglass bumpers, I'd pass, back to making my own extensions, LOL.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TonyCool - I think you need some wider wheels or wheel spacers to go with the wide body. That would really look great.

The car has 1 inch wide spacers already on each wheel but yeah I sometime think even wider spacers would look nice. Just not sure it's a good idea... it might be challenging to fit wider spacers (assuming they even make them... and how adding them could affect handling is a concern. I guess it would actually help improve handling rather than worsen it but there is still the concern of something going terribly wrong... imagine if something breaks and the wheels go flying out of the car at an autocross or on a track.

Tony

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has 1 inch wide spacers already on each wheel but yeah I sometime think even wider spacers would look nice. Just not sure it's a good idea... it might be challenging to fit wider spacers (assuming they even make them... and how adding them could affect handling is a concern. I guess it would actually help improve handling rather than worsen it but there is still the concern of something going terribly wrong... imagine if something breaks and the wheels go flying out of the car at an autocross or on a track.
Tony

Ah, I didn't know it already had 1" spacers. That is already a lot! Then maybe wider wheels with different offset... I don't know the limits either that may cause stress. OR just F it, that is a lot of money for rims. Maybe give NineBall a call...

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless my eyes fail me, this is not the entire bumper, just add on side extensions. And yes, I agree, the street serpent front end is really what this car needs. I think the street serpent front bumper is made of fiberglass though, based on past experience with front fiberglass bumpers, I'd pass, back to making my own extensions, LOL.

Your eyes are indeed failing you. This is the whole bumper:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your eyes are indeed failing you.

My apologies, I guess I better get some glasses, LOL. Is the bottom piece a part of the bumper? Is it fiberglass? I really like the look, very aerodynamic.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should put those extensions on the stock bumper, make a mold and have someone knock the modified bumper out for you in urethane, you would be selling them like hotcakes, assuming you know you have them, LOL...

Peter,
I have the mold, and a few sets kicking around, a red set, a blue set, a couple of white sets and a set or 2 of carbon fiber ones. I recently threw about 30 sets in a dumpster as they never sold.

Molds for making urethane parts the size of a fascia cost abut $100,000, so there is no chance that I will ever make a urethane version. These extensions were originally a Competition coupe part that floated between a stock cut up fascia and a real race splitter

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you have to toss this stuff out, if these things were smaller, they would probably sell better, these things are huge. Understood about about high cost of quality aftermarket PU parts. Still, if someone does the rear, they should do the front as well, otherwise the car looks funny, at least IMO. With that said, I'm gonna go and scream outside for a while, the temp dropped today and the resin refuses to set on my extensions, yikes.
Peter,
I have the mold, and a few sets kicking around, a red set, a blue set, a couple of white sets and a set or 2 of carbon fiber ones. I recently threw about 30 sets in a dumpster as they never sold.

Molds for making urethane parts the size of a fascia cost abut $100,000, so there is no chance that I will ever make a urethane version. These extensions were originally a Competition coupe part that floated between a stock cut up fascia and a real race splitter

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you have to toss this stuff out, if these things were smaller, they would probably sell better, these things are huge. Understood about about high cost of quality aftermarket PU parts. Still, if someone does the rear, they should do the front as well, otherwise the car looks funny, at least IMO.

Not sure what your talking about here, the extensions are relatively small, just had to clear space and the going trend is ACR or ACRX look vs comp coupe look.

this is what the car looks like with a real race splitter and some fascia extensions

I am sure even Dodge has a hard time doing ROI on fascia and bumper molds for such a small production run as the viper as compared to other models that they make 40,000 to 200,000 of.

Last edited:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what your talking about here, the extensions are relatively small, just had to clear space and the going trend is ACR or ACRX look vs comp coupe look.

I am sure even Dodge has a hard time doing ROI on fascia and bumper molds for such a small production run as the viper as compared to other models that they make 40,000 to 200,000 of.
I'll show you what I mean when I am done. They do not protrude a lot but cover a big chunk of the bumper sides, this is what I meant. Still, this is my opinion only, coupe rear is more angular, looking wide. Without balancing out the front, the car looks funny. On the real coupe, the rear is integrated in the roof, no such thing on the drop top.

And yes, agreed, Chrysler does not want to spend the money, no other reason why Chrysler recycled Gen 2GTS rear on SRT10 coupe.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Peter MJ what planet are you on? I only stated my opinion and in no way was speaking for everyone.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter MJ what planet are you on? I only stated my opinion and in no way was speaking for everyone.
The planet is called Consideration For Others. There is a difference between stating opinion and passing a judgment.

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeterMJ please go troll another thread. Andy is one of the most well respected members on this forum and only spoke his opinion which is allowed by law. He has put a lot of money and hard work into his car so he has earned the right to be a bit biased. - I am Supratt6s and I approve this message

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeterMJ please go troll another thread. Andy is one of the most well respected members on this forum and only spoke his opinion which is allowed by law. He has put a lot of money and hard work into his car so he has earned the right to be a bit biased. - I am Supratt6s and I approve this message
I do not troll, it is cool to brag about your ride but it is not cool to talk trash about others.

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this may be more accurate and agreeable since it is your car.:) Otherwise, you are dissing on those who feel otherwise, not to mention you cannot really quantify that "better" part.

Sir, it's like saying I'm a butt guy. It's MY taste but I don't have to "quantify" anything and Andy doesn't have state that opinion was his, it was pretty obvious.

yes, I think you should revamp your website, hard to consider something if you do not know it is even out there.

Then you attack a man that develops parts nearly out of his own pocket to give unique parts to this community that has another full time job because his website isn't to your taste.

Please, this was a very positive thread about people's unique viper modification. I respect your opinion but now you need to take your industrial advice to PM's with Steve and keep it out of here. Also, learn to let **** go... Back to topic please!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456