Verts with Coupe Rear Conversion pics thread!!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The planet is called Consideration For Others. There is a difference between stating opinion and passing a judgment.

I find it ironic that you are lecturing me on passing judgment and being inconsiderate of others when one you don't know me, and two I spent a good deal of time last year helping Steve to raise money to build a car for a wounded veteran. The gentleman posting right below you actually.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not troll, it is cool to brag about your ride but it is not cool to talk trash about others.

So now it's talking trash if you prefer one modification to another. Yah makes sense.

"Peter you're an idiot". That would be worth whining over if it wasn't a statement of fact lol.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real class:2tu:
So now it's talking trash if you prefer one modification to another. Yah makes sense.

"Peter you're an idiot". That would be worth whining over if it wasn't a statement of fact lol.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so anyways....

anybody able to answer my question? does a car cover still fit ok?

I know mine will not as it is very tight. I added canards to the front and my cover is strethed . I don't even try to go over the splitter. The back end is very form fitting for my vert. I imagine a cover for a coupe would fit better...

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so anyways....

anybody able to answer my question? does a car cover still fit ok?

I know mine will not as it is very tight. I added canards to the front and my cover is strethed . I don't even try to go over the splitter. The back end is very form fitting for my vert. I imagine a cover for a coupe would fit better...

I had my cover custom made by California Covers and they did a very good job. I have no idea how a stock cover would fit. I'm guessing it wouldn't be terribly bad. It's not like you added a wing for example. At the same time I'm 100% sure it wouldn't be a perfect fit which sorts of partially defeats the whole purpose of having a cover...

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting back on subject any more pictures of verts with coupe rear?

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My regular VERT cover is very tight. I can't imagine it fitting over that coupe rear. So a coupe cover should obviously fit, but will be loose in the hatch area. For inside, I don't see why that would be a big deal. But outside, it will be flopping around in the wind a bit, I would imagine.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The regular convertible car cover will probably not fit with my coupe rear end conversion, a coupe car cover probably will. as the quarters and decklid end point is exactly the same on the coupe as on the conversion.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anymore ***** pics out there?

Sorry been too busy driving and enjoying mine:D. Forgot how much I enjoy driving this thing. Got the car inspected and put about 80 miles on it today. Now it's time to get ready to watch my Aggies take on Bama.

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry been too busy driving and enjoying mine:D. Forgot how much I enjoy driving this thing. Got the car inspected and put about 80 miles on it today. Now it's time to get ready to watch my Aggies take on Bama.

Way to rub it in lol. Drive it up to Colorado so I can get my fix ;)

Last edited:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'll add a little more color since I've now done this conversion twice. Even though I'm naturally a "******" man - I do prefer the look of the coupe rear on the SRT. First - if I owned a perfectly good vert - I would have a hard time justifying the cost to do either a full Street Serpent conversion or just the coupe rear end conversion. The aftermarket spoilers do change the look of the vert rear - but in my opinion look too "bolt on" for me.

My situation was different in that both of my conversions were project cars where many or all of the panels had to be replaced - so it was more a decision of whether to rebuild using stock panels, all custom panels with the Street Serpent, or a combination of stock panels and the rear end conversion. The Street Serpent package totally transforms the look of the Viper making it 2" wider, and adds a completely different front fascia, side sills, and rear quarter panels, in addition to the coupe rear end. Looks totally amazing when done - but this was a bit more expensive than I wanted to go for my second rebuild.

I also agree that just adding the coupe rear looks a bit out of balance - which is why I added the ACR splitter - and am still debating on adding the ACR canards (in Carbon Fiber, or possible painted White to match.) I don't like the look of the Vipair fascia extensions or whatever they're called as again - they look "bolt on." Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I love the look of all Vipers and respect the fact that we all like ours to be just a little different (dolphin-viper not included.)

You must be registered for see images attach

THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR VETERANS FOR MAKING THIS PICTURE POSSIBLE!

Last edited: