Video 2014 Corvette C7 vs 2013 Viper GTS

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know why they are compared so frequently. apples & oranges. i owned a c6 vert but i've also owned exotic brands and i feel the viper is more in line with the latter. esp in terms of being hand made in low volume with its performance numbers and styling.

and its amazing the praise the c7 has received in general. if i see it in person and discover i'm wrong I'll buy one; but it'll be in addition to and not instead of the snake. When I ordered the GTS I had been test driving the MP4-12C and the MC Stradale; i guess what i'm trying to say is i dont feel comfortable calling the corvette an exotic supercar and I have no problem saying that about the GTS.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ZR1 hits "Supercar" status - the base models, yeah that is a stretch.

The Corvette is amazing for what it is - don't get me wrong, but IMO just bland.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
true and i believe the ZR1 engine is hand made. still the base vette is off by 100's of hp and u can get 2.5 new C7 base models for the price of one new GTS. exclusivity has a huge value and in that regard the base corvette fails. I think the gen V is gonna be the best thing to happen to the American automotive industry since the Ford GT. Time will tell.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER ! FTW

I'll second that! No contest. This video really shows the difference between the "Halle Berry naked on the beach" Viper and the chiseled, over-styled C7 with that funky back end. I do like the C7, but don't love it. As one review said, the designer needs to know when to put down the pen.

Much respect for the performance of the Corvette, but I'm not feelin the style.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the price difference between a Viper GTS and a regular C7 Vette? I am betting you can buy two C7s for the price of one GTS. So, it is silly to compare them. Like comparing a four door mid-size Lexus to a four door mid-size Chevy--just does not make sense. Comparisons should only be made when the ZR1 comes out as the price and performance will be similar. Just my opinion.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the price difference between a Viper GTS and a regular C7 Vette? I am betting you can buy two C7s for the price of one GTS. So, it is silly to compare them. Like comparing a four door mid-size Lexus to a four door mid-size Chevy--just does not make sense. Comparisons should only be made when the ZR1 comes out as the price and performance will be similar. Just my opinion.

Not at all silly to compare their styling, although I agree that it doesn't make sense to compare their performance. The ZR1 will look very similar in design language, which is my issue with the C7. I'm still a Corvette fan, just dissappointed in the new styling.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all silly to compare their styling, although I agree that it doesn't make sense to compare their performance. The ZR1 will look very similar in design language, which is my issue with the C7. I'm still a Corvette fan, just dissappointed in the new styling.

Yea, I agree with your point. I like the styling everywhere but the rear. Gotta see one in person. I have not seen the new Viper in person either... I don't think it looks all that spectacular in pictures, but I bet it will in person.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent photo comparison, as it shows alot of different angles and finish details. Both are interesting, yet the lines on the Viper tend towards aggressively beautiful, whereas the Vette is bluntly aggressive. Flowing curves really show, and the Vette has a nice look at some angles, yet at others it looks very pieced together. I like the Vette, but I love the Viper, and I realize I may be biased, but then curves have always excited me more than wedges and slabs.

Nuff said , but appreciate the vid, it really is a good way to analyse similar aspects - thanks.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GenV really takes what is exotic and beautiful about the Gen2 and makes it look more Buff, better attired, more sophisticated and younger and fresher...