Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

**LATEST UPDATE ON TESTING**

After a long discussion with RussM, we, or should I say RussM is going to redyno his car with the VIPAIR™, this time RussM is going to place a large fan ( approx 5' fan ) in front of the car ( approx 2-3' away ) and use only this fan. All tests are going to be done with the hood closed and done best to simulate normal everyday driving conditions. The original testing done by RussM was done with a large fan but also with a small but powerful 90 mph fan directed at the NACA duct. This fan was used to help prevent heat soak on the factory airbox and is a measure that RussM has always used when Dyno-ing his and other Vipers, unfortunatly we do not drive around with a fan mounted in front of our NACA ducts so for the future testing RussM is going to omit this device. To be clear, I am in no way saying that RussM did something wrong in his previous dyno tests for the VIPAIR™ but just something that does not help to reflect the difference in power from having the vipair installed versus not installed in every day driving conditions, the large fan will help to simulate regular airflow over the car.

RussM will also be doing Gtech Pro Testing on his car with and without the vipair to try to ascess the performance difference in a "real world" situation. Russ, make sure you have your radar detector on!

I would like to thank RussM for all the time and effort he has devoted to this project thus far, and admire his drive to do all this just so that viper owners can benefit from his findings

Steve

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now we are getting somewhere. This is the way to find out what's going on, testing under agreed on conditions.
If the Vipair makes consistent improvements in this test configuration, you won't have any more questions from me.
Good luck.

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im hitting the track with my 97 GTS and Vipair. I will post results tonight.
I drive my car daily and have been drag-racing since I was able to drive, so I feel I should be able to ascertain any performance gain.
Thanks,
Jason

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Joe,

We all have common goals here, the tests RussM is going to do along with some drag strip testing by others should give us a complete package.

Jason,

If all goes well I would love to use your testamonial on our website.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This sounds great. Is there anyway to do the exact same test with the advantage product? That would be ideal in my opinion.

:cool: :usa: :cool: :usa:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

I believe RussM said he did not want to risk having a piece of foam break off and land on a header and start a fire, so this will not be an option for us, but the advantage product might be a good upgrade for you, why don't you go for it!

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would certainly like to see the pros and cons of each. I don't think Russ ever saw the advantage product, so any claims to its quality are speculation.

Why are you so afraid of competition?

I won't buy either until I see some results that show they are worth anything.

Out of curiosity, if this test shows no improvement are you going to admit that there isn't any, or will you come up with another excuse. If it shows an improvemnt I say great. Then it is just a matter of quality of the two products.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Russ, THANK YOU for using your "dime" to do the testing. Patiently awaiting the results.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

It seems that everytime you post, I sell another VIPAIR™. Where do you want the commission checks sent to?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good for you! Send the checks to: Magic HP Beans PO Box 101 San Diego CA.

Can you include the patent number with that if you found it.

So do you plan to answer the question I posed?

LOL

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe RussM said he did not want to risk having a piece of foam break off and land on a header and start a fire, so this will not be an option for us, but the advantage product might be a good upgrade for you, why don't you go for it!

..That sounds more like a low-blow.

Polyester foam doesn't 'break' and I doubt if a person of average strength could even pull it apart.

It can be forced to tear, if submitted to a severe shearing action like one does when tearing a telephone book in half. But it doesn't break.

There's less chance of a piece of foam 'breaking off', finding its' way back to a header, and starting a fire; than there is a for two chipmunks to crawl up your tire, somersault onto a shock absorber, chew through the inner fender well, inch their way up the header primaries, and make a nest while your car is parked for the winter..

BTW, the foam is fire retardant.

Nice touch.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

LET ME SPELL THIS OUT IN BLOCK LETTERS...PATENT PENDING MEANS PATENT IS IN THE WORKS, APPLICATION FILED BUT NO NUMBER ISSUED YET. ALSO YOU CAN NOT FIND IT ON A SEARCH UNTIL A NUMBER IS ISSUED OR IF YOU HAVE THE FILING #, NOBODY GIVES FILING #'S OUT TO POTENTIAL INFRINGERS. But you knew that right?

Which one of your other 459 questions would you like answered?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmonton:

This question: Out of curiosity, if this test shows no improvement are you going to admit that there isn't any, or will you come up with another excuse?

Now you said you had a patent, not that you applied for one. Maybe you need to stick with the truth. And by the way, some people do give out filing numbers (not sure why).

LMAO

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on guys. We asked for proof, he's getting Russ to test the Vipair under conditions that seem reasonable, to me at least.
Let's see what Russ comes up with.

You can't really expect EdmontonGTS to test anyone else's product. That isn't a reasonable request.

If the testing shows that the thing works, we will have what we asked for, proof that it works.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Advantage product guys,

I am sorry but I refuse to put a piece of foam even if it is fire retardent onto my 80k+ car that I worked hard for.

Even if it does show gains I just cant do it.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

joe,

I agree. But if we can get the advantage folks to provide a product for a test that would be ideal.

My question is what if it doesn't prove to work under these conditions? Doed Eddy back down?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Joe,

I am glad to see that the joe117 that is present on other posts on this board is now present here as well ( compliment ).

Vipah, I am glad to see that you are now resorting to name calling, now no need to raise my expectations.

As for your question, I am quite confident that it will produce positive results as it has already in a number of dyno tests by a number of people including myself. Yesterday I bought a G-Tech pro and shipped it to RussM so he can do the thorough testing he wanted to do.

Vipah last time I checked the process in aquiring a patent is as follows:
1) Do search to see if someone else has a patent on your invention already if answer is no go to step 2
2) File application
3) Reply to and fullfill any requirements of any office actions
4) Wait for #
5) Protect you intellectual property

Vipah, what will you do based on the outcome?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm waiting for the results. I'm not waiting to see what he says.

He's doing what we asked for. He's doing it in public with an independent tester. That's good enough for me.

The other product has nothing to do with him. Give him a break.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eddy,

If the results prove perfomance increase I will have to do some research on the quality of the two products and then make a purchase decision. Simple.

What will you do if the tests prove no performance improvement? You keep avoiding that question, but hopefully we will never find out.

Your patent info. is correct but some people allow their apps to be public, which I don't understand.

As for name calling, it must have been a typo ;)

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah, are you interested in the product or the patent. What the helllll does the patent have to do with the performance gain or lack of. It's seem to me your are a shilt disturber trying to black ball someone's attempt of selling to the viper community even though there is a money back guarantee. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, RUSSM HAS TAKEN A VERY PROFESSIONAL APPROCH. I SUGGEST TO TRY PULLING YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT AND SMELL THE ROSES.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah, are you interested in the product or the patent. What the helllll does the patent have to do with the performance gain or lack of. It's seem to me your are a shilt disturber trying to black ball someone's attempt of selling to the viper community even though there is a money back guarantee. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, RUSSM HAS TAKEN A VERY PROFESSIONAL APPROCH. I SUGGEST TO TRY PULLING YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT AND SMELL THE ROSES.

I'll bet Vipah comes back with something about beans. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :usa:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EXECMALIBU WILL SELL THESE WINDSHIELD SCRAPER/HORSEPOWER MULTIPLIERS TO THE FIRST 10 BIDDERS FOR THE INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF ONLY $399 U.S. CERTIFIED FUNDS. BID WITH CONFIDENCE WITH GOLD-STAR POWER SELLER OF OCCASIONAL VIPER PRODUCTS EXECMALIBU. GUARANTEED TO ADD POWER OR SCRAPE ICE OR MONEY CHEERFULLY REFUNDED LESS 85% RESTOCKING FEE. EXECMALIBU RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL BIDS OF THOSE WITH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR AN ODD NUMBER OF TESTICLES, WHICHEVER CAME FIRST. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, PATENT PENDING OR APPLIED FOR, EXECMALIBU, INC.(TM).

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

great reading and some funny stuff :laugh: . i can't believe this post is still going
Max

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was to get results at the track tonight with the Vipair.
Well... instead I bring you:

TOP TEN REASONS I AM HATING ORLANDO SPEEDWORLD!!!

10. Its far away
9. Orlando traffic *****
8. They never prep the track
7. There is more 4-cylinder cars there than v8's
6. The average age of the racers is 17
5. The lines are LONG AS HELL
4. They never prep the track
3. When some ******* blows something up they like to see how far down the quarter mile they can coast spewing oil everywhere.
2. When you sit waiting for your FIRST run for over an hour while they clean the track and finally give up and leave, they will not even give you a rain check.
1. They NEVER prep the track.

I have been drag racing at this place for over 16 years. In that time it seems they have not put a dime into it, you can never hook up. Tonight was the last time for me. :(
The only way I will EVER go back will be to rent the track with four other people. I think you can still do that and it runs about $225 per person. Any takers?
What a waste of F&#@ing time!!!

Sorry, I had to vent, and sorry for not getting any results.
I emailed the track last week to see about renting it and they never even got back to me.
Sad.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

EdmontonGTS,
Got my new H M S airbox matched VIPAIR installed ( fits perfect and seals great to airbox opening ) and went for a ride as it was beautiful in Dallas today. SOTP feeling is good especially in the 70 degree air we had today. Anyway, the true test of the VIPAIR came when I stopped at the gas station. I had the hood up to check the oil and this very hot, buxom, blonde babe walks up and right off notices the VIPAIR. She says " I've seen Vipers before but none with a VIPAIR! Your Viper must really put out some BIG HP with that VIPAIR! Can you give me a ride ?" I said...baby you can drive my car! Thanks for the great chick magnet mod! Product testing completed and customer is highly satisfied...so is the blonde. :smirk:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ronviper,

You are even making the morons look smart. For Pete's sake at least try spell check.

Since you buy anything with a money back guarantee how many Magic HP beans should I put you down for? LMAO

The whole patent discussion is for a different point. Now go back and do your homework. Or do you need your mommy to help you?

LOL

And Shelby, I would have told him to get his head out of his butt, but that would require him to remove your penis first, and I wouldn't want to disturb your fun.

:D :eek: :eek: :D

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EdmontonGTS,
Got my new H M S airbox matched VIPAIR installed ( fits perfect and seals great to airbox opening ) and went for a ride as it was beautiful in Dallas today. SOTP feeling is good especially in the 70 degree air we had today. Anyway, the true test of the VIPAIR came when I stopped at the gas station. I had the hood up to check the oil and this very hot buxom blonde babe walks up and right off notices the VIPAIR. She says " I've seen Vipers before but none with a VIPAIR! Your Viper must really put out some BIG HP with that VIPAIR! Can you give me a ride ?" I said...baby you can drive my car! Thanks for the great chick magnet mod! Product testing completed and customer is highly satisfied...so is the blonde. :smirk:

I know i promised to stay out but Jim thats classic.That should end any questions PERIOD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness