VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

this is post #666. I say we go no further.

you have been warned. :D

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone know about the thread rating feature? I rated this thread a 5 start thread.

Is the rating an average of eveyone's ratings??

If we can't get the post count up to 700, lets at least get the views to 8,000!!

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Boy do you guys get lame when I don't post for a few days! :rolleyes:

Where do we start, well....

Russ is supposed to redyno this weekend with a bunch of vette guys as witnesses, Joe117 just think, a bunch of guys that actually understand the concept of a cold air device will be there!

The aero dynamic engineers are just about done their assessment, JOE117 time to shine up your pocket protector, your gonna need it. Oh, by the way are you still trying to sell your viper joe? hey Joe, our SVT mustang cold air kit ads 27 rwhp and the mustang guys understand cold air as well!

Vipah, if you want we can work out an installment plan to help ya out :eek:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eddy,

Glad to see you back. We were worried that you finally got a clue and decided to stop fighting reality. Glad we were wrong.

Is having the guys that "understand how a cold air kit works" a requirement for seeing an improvement? Kind of like you have to believe in ghosts to see them.

Reports?? How about test results. That is what matters, and it all points to no improvement with Vipair.

We'll see how the testing goes this weekend, and what new excuse you come up with on Monday.

:D :D :D :eek:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah, Oh clueless one, how can you say that an item that has been proven on a dyno is not an improvement.

Vipah, If a clown comes up to me at the circus and asks me how gravity works and I don't tell him, does this mean that he will then float away and gravity will have no effect on him? How is the above example any different from having you ask how the VIPAIR™ works? The VIPAIR™ is dyno proven to help to make 9-24 RWHP, Russ is redynoing, What do base your statements that the VIPAIR does not work? Any from anyone who has correctly tested the device itself? :eek: :eek: :eek:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eddy,

Perhaps you need to go back and read Russ' results and the temp. testing results. The net effect = NO GAIN. What part of NO GAIN don't you understand??

The test you like to point to has such wacky results they are completely not credible. That is why Russ tested it and found NO GAIN!

As for your clown example, thanks for proving my point. It isn't the explanation that matters it is the results. And so far the results show NO GAIN.

Can you hear me now? Good!

LMAO

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :D :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No gain on What Vipah??

Russ's tests will show results very soon and the temp test was conducted by a guy that was against the vipair product in a previous thread and was only done at one speed, what was the temp differences at the other speeds Vipah?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eddy,

The results Russ has so far show NO GAIN in HP. Perhaps the new tests will show something, we shall see. But until they do, facts are facts. And the fact is that there is NO GAIN.

I'll tell you what the likely temp differences were at other speeds Eddy, NONE!! LOL

:2tu: :2tu:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipa, if you go back and READ how the test was conducted you will find it was done in a manner that is not applicabe to the VIPAIR. The hood was open and the fan was not positioned correctly. Just trying to point out what you must have missed on page 3 through 19. :cool:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dawg,

Go back and read ALL of Russ' posts. He did tests with the hood closed as well. Don't be fooled by Eddy's razzle dazzle approach to selling. He is just the barker at the circus (that's why he spends so much time with clowns I guess).

Now Eddy and crew will continue to modify the testing conditions forever to try and find that one obscure case where there is an improvement, so stay tuned. It should be fun to watch.

:headbang: :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

One more time, RUSSM did his dyno tests with a 90 mph fan aimed directly into the NACA duct. Even when he had his hood closed. This is a condition that for most of us does not happen in everyday driving, you may be an exception to this as we have seen that you are quite the exception in many other areas as well.

Do you drive around with a 90mph fan taped to your hood Vipah? I hope not as that would be quite emabarassing for the rest of us Viper owners.

This fan artificially introduced cold air that would not exist in driving, when this fan is removed the tests will show a power increase for Russ just as they have for myself and others.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve

I think that we may have to take Vipah off of the 1st annual "vipair thread" christmas party list :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott,

Maybe we can let him work the door at the party so he can make some cash so he can afford to buy some mods :rolleyes: ;)

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Off the list? Hey I'm one of the reasons this thread continues. Think of how much this would cost if you had to pay for the mentions!

:D :D :headbang:

Eddy, we shall see. But the temp test showed otherwise. And before you start ranting about 50MPH why are you doing the dyno with 90MPH fans?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

One more time, RUSSM did his dyno tests with a 90 mph fan aimed directly into the NACA duct. Even when he had his hood closed. This is a condition that for most of us does not happen in everyday driving, you may be an exception to this as we have seen that you are quite the exception in many other areas as well.

Do you drive around with a 90mph fan taped to your hood Vipah? I hope not as that would be quite emabarassing for the rest of us Viper owners.

This fan artificially introduced cold air that would not exist in driving, when this fan is removed the tests will show a power increase for Russ just as they have for myself and others.

Just needed to get into the fray again. Edmonton, what you can't seem to realize is that BOTH of the type dyno tests you argue for and against are BOT unrealistic for showing the improvement you want to highlight. The dyno, unless you have it in a wind tunnel, will not have appropriate air flow through the the NACA duct, radiator, underhood, etc. The real test for a cold air system is on the street with measurement of the inlet air temperature differences between packages. The preference would be for a temperature in the air cleaner on the clean side, where air flow is more homogenous. That is where the factory inlet air temperature sensor is. It outputs a voltage that can be recorded, converted to temperature and thus compared in back-to-back test conditions. One simple round of tests like that would be the TOTAL answer and end all of this speculation and bsing. Any tuner worth his/her salt would be able to record the inlet air temps via the OBD port (located near the clutch pedal). Easy test, easy measurement, and conclusive results. The only test parameters would be to have the vehicle at full operating temperature and operating in similar conditions. Remember, the cool air system is probably going to net less than 10 degrees so the test conditions need to be as consistent as possible.

So please, get off your "must be a dyno test" box, as a dyno test without a wind tunnel will be garbage info. Just make the temperature test and be done with it. BTW they sell OBD readers for only a hundred bucks that can input the data directly into a palm pilot, pc, etc.(use some of the profit and get a real measuring device).

Getting closer to 700. What will the 700 prize be???

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper_SRT

I have a code reader but it does not show reading from the airtemp sensor. Probably need the mega bucks one to make that reading happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.