VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Oh no, here we go again.
Now no flame here Edmonton but let's talk about this. And this time I don't want it to get out of hand.

You said.
"creating the venturi effect and possibly even cooling the air"

If there is a venturi effect, that means that the air in the venturi is at a lower pressure. If it was at a lower pressure it would get a little cooler.

I'm not saying Vipair won't work, Russ's data will convince me one way or the other.
I am saying that I don't think it works in the way you describe above.

What do you think?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe
I don't know either that is why I gave the measurements for someone else to figure out before the engineers give their 2 cents. Thanks for the not wanting to get out of hand again!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe, the way I understand Steve's last set of Facts especially this one...."FACT.
Bernouli effect!! For those propeller heads that want to calculate something… The vipair opens up a panel in the front facia that creates an opening of 102 sq inches, this is then channeled to each side of the airbox and the air exits through a combined opening size of 17.5 sq inches. Thus creating the venturi effect and possibly even cooling the air. Any propeller head that would like to crunch the numbers feel free, I have hired an engineering firm to do so as well, so lets be accurate in our calculations. Please do not post insults her just facts, I will be the first to admit that I am not an engineer, aeronautical or otherwise, and this theory is still yet to be proven, but there is a high probability that it will be. "

It seems plausible to me that this does exist. I am not an engineer and Steve said he was having someone figure out the numbers as well, but ginen the physical characteristics of the car and the VIPAIR in its installed position, it seems quite logical that this occurs.

As far as cooling the air, it blocks off the underhood heated air and introduces ambient air so the resulting intake air will be cooler.

For some reason people are having trouble grasping this concept. It is one that has been used for quite sometime on many cars. Nothing new here, except it is on a Viper this time.

John

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FACT:

Edmonton is really trying hard to hype the product.

FACT:

Most manufacturers that do this are selling snake oil.

FACT:

No third party has proven any benefits to Vipair.

FACT:

Edmonton resorts to snipes about people that don't agree with his tall tales.

FACT:

Third party tests will soon show what the truth about Vipair is.

Now Eddy, who in their right mind would listen to your hyping?

I'm not sure why you always want to bring up issues about who can afford your overpriced product, but it is nonesense. Everyone on this board owns a $70k car, remember? Some appear to care less about the value of things than others.

But I guess you have a small penis and are just trying to compensate.

LOL

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dawg,

I think everyone grasps the concept of what they are trying to do, but some don't believe it. Remember that there is a lot of air rushing through the engine compartment at speed, so the difference in air temperature entering the inductions systems from a few inches of possibly better directed air is going to be zero in my opinion.

The manufacturer would like everyone to beleive that the temperature of air that is being sucked into the induction system as is, is very hot even when the car is at speed. We will soon see.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Please dont post the results.....
That may kill this thread.
We are going for a record here!!
SAVE THIS THREAD!!!
:)
Cheers,

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Really... what's a VIPAR??

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd say you should look up a physicist. That is because the engineers have already told you to measure the temperature and pressure with and without the system and compare. Easily done. If I had a Gen II I would have done it. It takes seconds to measure the temperature. Your engine controller is monitoring it all the time (there is a temp sensor in the clean side of the air box).

Bernouli effect is only indicating the relative aspects of temperature, pressure and velocity. When you use that argument and the dyno argument together you are providing conflicting information. The dyno can only, at best, see the difference due to the inlet air temperature. And that temperature difference is unrealistic because the car is not standing still when producing power in normal conditions. That means underhood temperatures are significantly higher on the dyno than when driving. That will result in a a bogus result. Compare the inlet temps when at speed (pick a speed) with and without the Vipair and publish the results. This does not take a scientist.

And for you who think Gen I owners have Gen II envy GIVE ME A BREAK. Never had and never will. I can state both my Vipers already have cold air inlets and don't need an aftermarket upgrade. So where is the envy?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vipah,
on my car the vipair and vipermed airbox,
made the car run better no 2 ways about it!!!!
but no dyno sorry...
either the box with cones filters or the vipair made a huge difference in throttle response.

just my 2 cents

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

400th post I win again. :D

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ahh!!!! I wanted #400!!!!

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Gen1 box is such a POS. I gotta think this thing would be an improvement. Is it avail for Gen1?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HA..... I got the even number post.

:)

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

Dawg,

I think everyone grasps the concept of what they are trying to do, but some don't believe it. Remember that there is a lot of air rushing through the engine compartment at speed, so the difference in air temperature entering the inductions systems from a few inches of possibly better directed air is going to be zero in my opinion.

The manufacturer would like everyone to beleive that the temperature of air that is being sucked into the induction system as is, is very hot even when the car is at speed. We will soon see.

Do not forget that alot of the air in your engine compartment just went through your radiator and this may heat the air slightly, do ya think Vipah??? :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah, Vipah, Vipah.....

FACT:

Edmonton is really trying hard to hype the product.

:laugh: Vipah, people usually promote their products, too bad you are too childish and immature to understand this concept <font color="red"> </font> :laugh:

FACT:

Most manufacturers that do this are selling snake oil.

:laugh: Vipah, my company has the highest rating D&amp;B can give, no snake oil, no BS, just fact :laugh:

FACT:

No third party has proven any benefits to Vipair.

:laugh: Vipah, GTSnake is a third party, try try again :laugh:

FACT:

Edmonton resorts to snipes about people that don't agree with his tall tales.

:laugh: Vipah, Grow up :laugh:

FACT:

Third party tests will soon show what the truth about Vipair is.

:laugh: Vipah, what is your definition of third party now?? :laugh:

Now Eddy, who in their right mind would listen to your hyping?

:laugh: hopefully for the sake of mankind most people out there have more intelligence than you do! :laugh:

I'm not sure why you always want to bring up issues about who can afford your overpriced product, but it is nonesense. Everyone on this board owns a $70k car, remember? Some appear to care less about the value of things than others.

:laugh: Vipah, the point is that you have bashed this product more than anyone and YOU do not buy mods ie. the best way to predict the future is to look at the past! :laugh:

But I guess you have a small penis and are just trying to compensate.

:laugh: there you go thinking about my penis again, that is 2 different peoples penis's in this thread alone!!! A little envy goin on there Vipah? :laugh:
LOL
<font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> :laugh:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this a record for the longest thread on the VCA board... ever?

If not, what is the record?

And if someone already asked that, I apologize for not going back and reading all 11 pages of threads...

JD

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmunton,
I'm afraid you are not being logical and scientific.
You said,
"creating the venturi effect and possibly even cooling the air"

I said your venturi claim didn't make sense,
You said
"I don't know either that is why I gave the measurements for someone else to figure out before the engineers give their 2 cents"

It look's like you don't want to talk science. You want to talk about it "before the engineers get their 2 cents".

I can only think of one reason you would want to do that.

Viper_SRT pointed out some of the things that we asked at the beginning. You keep ignoring the obvious measurements that could be made, temperature of the intake air with and without your device, while the car is being driven.

Let's talk facts and science.

Stop making claims of cold air. You haven't tested the intake air temp on the road.
You could do this in one afternoon.
Do the test before you make any cold air claims.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eddy:

I have a very good track record for building companies, prodcuts, and brands. I know EXACTLY what it takes and how to do it correctly.

You are only hyping and pumping. Which can be an effective tool if you really don't have substance. Since you have no substance you are doing the best you can. You are pretty much just like the barker at a Carny.

It's lucky for your sake that most people don't have the intelligence that I do. That's why you can sell on hype.

I guess that cold air up in Canada is freezing your brain, assuming you have one (which doesn't seem to be the case).

LMAO

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Poor VIPAIR is getting slammed 100 times a day..... More times then [******] prob has and this thing costs how much?

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

288corn.jpg

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah Quote:

"It's lucky for your sake that most people don't have the intelligence that I do. That's why you can sell on hype."

Steve: If you can honestly read your posts on this thread and represent yourself as more intelligent than most people, then I think you have made your point. How does that saying go? Better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. I am a doubter no more.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelly,

You make me laugh. You have the comprehension skills of a third grader.

Now go wear your stupidity like a badge of honor. It suits you well.

:rolleyes:

FWIW: I would bet that &gt;99% of the people on this message board have intelligence that is above the average.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Might VIPAIR work on Viper3Inchers brain?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelly,

You make me laugh. You have the comprehension skills of a third grader.

Now go wear your stupidity like a badge of honor. It suits you well.

:rolleyes:

FWIW: I would bet that &gt;99% of the people on this message board have intelligence that is above the average.

Steve: I keeping hoping for some quality intellectual banter from you and all you serve up is school yard rubbish that wouldn't get you noticed in grade school. I can only surmise that your out of town and your kid has your password and isn't doing you proud.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Except for Roadkill!! Hahaha. Just kidding little buddy. :D

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No Flame

<font color="red">Vipermad edit</font>

I freakin' hate it when people post that freakin' sign! :mad: Do you think that there is a good probability that someone reading this post knows someone or has a child that has down syndrome? Pretty weak.

If the guys here want to scrap it out, fine. Nothing wrong with a little debate, but don't bring your creative internet "copy &amp; paste" wisdom into it.

Pretty freakin' inconsiderate.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Right on Michael, I hate that sign also. No flame Heysie? Tell that to the Special kids you insulted. Very lame indeed. :mad: :usa:

Status
Not open for further replies.