VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

I know I'm new here, but geez guys, lighten up a bit.
The picture was posted in jest, and you are going to give the person a hard time, yet others (including you Shelby3) in this Godforsaken 14 page thread of mostly drivel, are posting personal attacks on each other, and you don't care a bit.
Anyone see the hypocracy here?
Sorry, just my .0001 after the Viper tax.
:laugh:
I for one, am curious to see how the Vipair tests again, I know that cold air systems and aftermarket "Lids" are proven mods in the F-body world, but I'm still learning in this new area.
:)

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And it has the F work in it!!!! BAN HIM NOW!!!!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You boys better lighten up or this very entertaining thread, probably the best ever, will be nuked by the powers. We shouldn't be making fun of those less fortunate than us. Who knows, maybe someday you will fall of the bar stool and damage YOUR IQ.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well pages ago i said that i was out of this thread but i claim 15 pages exceeds the statue of limitations :eek: I have spoke with two of my customers who have tried the vipair with and without on the track.Without......13.2..........With.......9.98....And this was with pilots and completly stock except the Vipair.Will post the slips in a few minutes

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott, I actually ran a 9.97 :cool: I hate to brag, but the product really is that good. Something so simple, yet so effective. :2tu:

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry for the mixup i stand corrected.THANKS for chimming in Dawg as i was afraid showing these kind of gains someone would question my sincerity.

Disclaimer:These results can not be gauranteed as driver skills vary.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The picture was posted in jest, and you are going to give the person a hard time, yet others (including you Shelby3) in this Godforsaken 14 page thread of mostly drivel, are posting personal attacks on each other, and you don't care a bit.
I for one, am curious to see how the Vipair tests again, I know that cold air systems and aftermarket "Lids" are proven mods in the F-body world, but I'm still learning in this new area.

Sam: There are many things one can poke fun at, ******** kids aren't on that list. Your mentioning that this thread is mostly drivel is a personal attack on those you are referring to. It's a slippery slope ain't it? Think about this one again. ;) Thanks to Vipermed for pulling the picture. :2tu: :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So Viper SRT said you should do an on the road comparison of the intake air temperature, with and without Vipair.

And I said you should make an on the road comparison of the intake air temperature, with and without Vipair.

I'm not calling anyone names. I'm not saying your product can't possibly work.
I'm being reasonable.

Give me one good reason why you have not done this on the road, air temperature comparison?

If you can't answer that one, please tell us exactly what testing your R&D program consisted of.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's get back to the VIPAIR shall we?

Aren't we waiting on some more test results?

And I still don't know if it's available for my Gen1.

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sam There are many things one can poke fun at, ******** kids aren't on that list. Your mentioning that this thread is mostly drivel is a personal attack on those you are referring to. It's a slippery slope ain't it? Think about this one again. ;)

Exactly. There is no hypocracy here. Nobody here is REALLY an idiot (holding my breath). Posting a pic of child in the special olympics with down syndrome is. Why are some things that are so obvious to some, be so clouded for others? :smirk:

Tony, thank you for removing the pic.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's get back to the VIPAIR shall we?

Aren't we waiting on some more test results?

And I still don't know if it's available for my Gen1.

Your Gen I uses the same technique to get air. Vipair does not apply to Gen I cars. :cool:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Your Gen I uses the same technique to get air. Vipair does not apply to Gen I cars."

LOL! Good answer!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby-The comment about drivel wasn't a personal attack, if you read carefully, there are mostly off-topic comments throughout this thread, that lend nothing to the original topic. That's not personal, it's a fact.
Again, relax.
I personally would like to see this put to rest, one way or the other. I like the idea of a good HP for the buck mod, but also like to see real results.
Case in point-I ordered a Hypertech Power Programmer for my Hotcam/headers/bolt on TA back in 99. The Hypertech ads, plus a few of their testers claimed huge HP increases. When I installed their tuning, I gained a whopping 3.1 peak HP on the DynoJet.
:(
So needless to say, I'm all for new go fast toys like the rest of you, but want to see real world testing prior to spending my $$

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Your Gen I uses the same technique to get air. Vipair does not apply to Gen I cars."

LOL! Good answer!
Actually he is correct,the gen1s are utilizing the facia for induction so the vipair would be redundant for you

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So Viper SRT said you should do an on the road comparison of the intake air temperature, with and without Vipair.

And I said you should make an on the road comparison of the intake air temperature, with and without Vipair.

Again,
I'm being reasonable.

Give me one good reason why you have not done this on the road, air temperature comparison?

If you can't answer that one, please tell us exactly what testing your R&D program consisted of.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ohh.... 450 posts and I finally found the ones that showed me what VIPAIR actually is.

What can I do with my Gen1 intake then?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sam said:
Shelby-The comment about drivel wasn't a personal attack, if you read carefully, there are mostly off-topic comments throughout this thread, that lend nothing to the original topic. That's not personal, it's a fact.
Again, relax.

Shelby: No need to tell me to relax Sam, I don't take this to heart at all. I do like to jump in when I think people are being hypocritical. Your above comments are accurate about the off-topic remarks in this thread, however when you refer to these off-topics remarks as drivel you are making a disparaging reference to those who made them. It's not a big deal at all, just don't come off as if you didn't do the same thing you accused others of.

Sam said: So needless to say, I'm all for new go fast toys like the rest of you, but want to see real world testing prior to spending my $$

Shelby: Where are your real world tests you used to verify the performance of your smooth tubes?

Shelby: I think Gen I owners should get a NACA duct installed on their hoods which would in effect give them a Gen II Vipair configuration. :D

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sam said: So needless to say, I'm all for new go fast toys like the rest of you, but want to see real world testing prior to spending my $$

Shelby: Where are your real world tests you used to verify the performance of your smooth tubes?
Well, sir I belive the intelligent folks that design and build our vehicles have verified a 10HP increase by use of the smooth tubes/filters, as used in the ACR models. I've also noted in my year of research prior to purchasing my Viper that most folks that race thier vehicles have used them.
I'm also sure that you are aware that if a manufacturer is found overstating power figures..... Well, there have been several instances of late with Mazda/Ford that come to mind.
;)

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why the heck has this post gone on so long? I don't even want to make sense of the 430+ responses.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SCOTT, PER YOUR POST OF 13.2 AND 9.98 NUMBERS ARE U REFERING TO QTR MILE NUMBERS ON ON A STOCK VIPER MOTOR ONLY NO NOS WITHOUT AND WITH THE VIPAIR PRODUCT?PLZ CLARIFY.THANX! NORM K

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott. Don't you have an intake set-up for a Gen1?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Vipair guys, LOOK!
Viper SRT said you should do an on the road comparison of the intake air temperature, with and without Vipair.

Again,
I'm being reasonable.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

People have posted saying things like, "anyone can look at Vipair and see that it would work".

The same people might look at the NACA duct and say something like, "that's going to **** in some air".

The problem is, the NACA duct flows backward at some speeds. Some road racing Viper teams cover the NACA duct.

Fluid dynamics are often non intuitive. They often don't do what you think they might.

Here's a story,
In WW2, first combat showed that some bombers were in need of a tail gunner for rear protection.
It was thought that the addition of this gunner compartment, on the rear of the aircraft, would spoil the tapered streamlining of the fuselage, causing a loss of top speed.
As it turned out, the squared off tail of the modified bomber was more aerodynamic than the tapered had been.
Go figure.

Ever see a picture of the hull of a modern supertanker?
Ever notice the big bulb shape, underwater, at the bow?

The bulb shape, like a modern submarine, or a whale, turns out to be easier to drive through the water than a sharp point.
Go figure!

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No Flame

<font color="red">Vipermad edit</font>

:eek: I would like to apologize for putting this picture on this board, and also thanks Vipermad for removing it. :eek:

I'm Dutch and we do have an other kind of humor, but I've to respect yours, sorry.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Heysie,
Do you ever get that licorice candy that has salt in it.
I've tried that stuff and I like it.
It's hard to get over here. I think it comes from the Netherlands. I get mine on line.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No Flame

<font color="red">Vipermad edit</font>

:eek: I would like to apologize for putting this picture on this board, and also thanks Vipermad for removing it. :eek:

I'm Dutch and we do have an other kind of humor, but I've to respect yours, sorry.

Heysie: You're a stand up guy for pulling the picture and for that I salute you&gt; :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :2tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.