VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

GTS-R 0001,

You are pretty funny. Don't let facts, science, and testing interfere with the handwaving pretty pictures. LMAO.

Are you saying actual test results don't matter?

I saw a picture of a Jackalope, a UFO, an Extraterrestrial Being, and a Unicorn the other day. In your arguments that makes them all real

LOL

Seriously, if you don't like the product - don't buy it - what is your beef?

I don't like spoilers, but I don't get on threads and berate the manufacturer because it doesn't put enough downforce on the car in a wind tunnel dyno.

Vipair is relatively inexpensive - returnable - and optional to buy. What more do you want?

I, for one, am glad that there are options from suppliers and manufacturers - I just choose whether or not to buy.

P.S. if DC performance comes on and backs its idea, I give that crediblity.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"there is absolutely no way that it does not:
1) direct high pressure air from the facia into the airbox,"

You can make up all the science you want. Here are two articles that speak to the "ram air myth".

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1129295&highlight=ram+air&forum_id=1

http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/da...&Section=03

"2) prevents hot underhood air from entering the airbox,"

You can make all the claims you like. But only a salesman would make claims with no science behind them.

Measure the intake air temp on a moving car, as RussM did, and you will see that there is no difference between the intake temp with or without Vipair.

"There is a point where arguing about the obvious is pretty senseless, I understand that you Russ and Vipah, drew your lines in the sand and have done everything to "debunk" the vipair "myth", but there is a point when one has to use a little common sense."

Yes,
I saw your claim of SOTP 50hp boost with Vipair.
I saw that as nothing but marketing hype. You should have retracted that claim long ago.
But since you still stick to it, yes, I'll use science to debunk that claim.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not to add fuel to the fire but I have a Vipair...I paid 50+30 shipping on Ebay for it...funny thing is the same guy has one for sale almost daily that he used for testing and just has it lying around....he must do A LOT of testing...

I do not feel much, if any SOTP difference with mine. Does it work, maybe, can I feel it..no not really. For 80 bucks I decided to try it out because, well, it doesnt hurt.

So my conclusion: I really cant tell it works but I guess it really isn't hurting anything. I dynod my car, I made 410whp on a stock car (except for the VIPAIR and K&Ns). I should have pulled the VIPAIR off and tested it afterwards, oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

.Vipair is relatively inexpensive - returnable - and optional to buy. What more do you want?

Great, I have some magic beans that increase horsepower by 50hp over 160mph and only cost $25 for a 3 month supply. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

The beans are relatively inexpensive - returnable - and optional to buy. What more do you want?

How many can I sign you up for?

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve-
Please refer to my numerous posts, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my magic beans.
:laugh:
I've sent $25.99 plus SH&H for my beans. The Ginsu knife arrived safely, but the beans have gone MIA.
Please respond, as I have a Nigerian banker who is interested in my car, and wants to pay with a check from his business partner in Canada.
Thanks.
:)

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve-
Please refer to my numerous posts, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my magic beans.
:laugh:
I've sent $25.99 plus SH&H for my beans. The Ginsu knife arrived safely, but the beans have gone MIA.
Please respond, as I have a Nigerian banker who is interested in my car, and wants to pay with a check from his business partner in Canada.
Thanks.
:)

Sam,

Thanks for your order. The beans were packed with the Ginsu. Keep in mind they can not be seen by humans so you may have misplaced them. We have a special for Christmas on the magic bean glasses that will allow you to see the beans. The price is only $159.00 shipping included!

Good luck with the Nigerian banker.

Thanks!

:nana:

D

DAMN YANKEE

You must be registered for see images

Note: The proceeding is for fun and is not meant to suggest that Vin Diesel is actually driving this car. It is also not to suggest that Mr. Diesel's car is or is not producing more or less horsepower as the result or lack of result of any add-on product, even if it is, or is not.

I wasn't going to miss out on the longest thread in Viper history...especially after digging through 44 pages on charts and graphs....or not.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh No, why would anybody dig this up from the grave?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just don't understand why this Vipair product has produced the longest thread in history...unbelieveable. :confused:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can I just get in on this too? I mean who wouldnt want to be part of the longest thread in viper club history ?

Jon Post *****

Not quite Jon. The Viper/chick thread has this one beat by # of views and # of posts :headbang:

oh snap, I might need to find that one too then :)

Go figure guys would rather look at chicks and cars, then two guys going at it!! lol.. :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

Note: The proceeding is for fun and is not meant to suggest that Vin Diesel is actually driving this car. It is also not to suggest that Mr. Diesel's car is or is not producing more or less horsepower as the result or lack of result of any add-on product, even if it is, or is not.

I wasn't going to miss out on the longest thread in Viper history...especially after digging through 44 pages on charts and graphs....or not.

DOes this mean MG is buying Chrysler? :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a dyno, um nope. Logging via the Vec3 Vipair deflector, pulls in 3rd gear up to 100mph. .002 HP gain. Maybe 1HP. I didn't see any difference in my Vec3 logs with the Vipair deflector doing pulls on an open road. Now...perhaps the vipair along with Roe's front fascia kit...maybe. But that's just me...either way, who cares...that piece of plastic cost me $49 on ebay and it looks GOOD.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a dyno, um nope. Logging via the Vec3 Vipair deflector, pulls in 3rd gear up to 100mph. .002 HP gain. Maybe 1HP. I didn't see any difference in my Vec3 logs with the Vipair deflector doing pulls on an open road. Now...perhaps the vipair along with Roe's front fascia kit...maybe. But that's just me...either way, who cares...that piece of plastic cost me $49 on ebay and it looks GOOD.

YES. Just ask Dave at Big Brakes. The Roe Fascia Kit makes the Vipair work.

I'm going to buy one someday whether I get ***** mail or not.

:mf: :mf: :mf: :mf: :mf: :mf:

And hey Tony...

What kind of cold beer you sending to Texas for Christmas?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess I'll get ***** mail now,:omg: as I have both & they both work great:drive:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Really? Any actual before & after drag strip results while using the Vipair?

Or just works great ? (aka feels like 50hp)

No ***** mail, just tell us about your controlled tests with the car moving under its' own power, and timing equipment recording the results before - and after you installed it; si vous plez.

:crazy2:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? Any actual before & after drag strip results while using the Vipair?

Or just works great ? (aka feels like 50hp)

No ***** mail, just tell us about your controlled tests with the car moving under its' own power, and timing equipment recording the results before - and after you installed it; si vous plez.

:crazy2:

Don't race my vehicles, and won't start for this. I respond to some things employing common sense, and in this case common sense versus cash outlay.

It does make sense to me, and for only $50, *** not?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm going to buy one someday whether I get ***** mail or not.

And hey Tony...

What kind of cold beer you sending to Texas for Christmas?

Well Dave, I'm in between jobs (again) right now so the best I can do is a six pack of Black Label. In two weeks when I'm back in action, I'll ship ya' a keg of your favorite beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960