Viper ACR - Autoweek August 27, 2007

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Did anyone else get this edition of Autoweek? This one states that there is a First Look at a Viper ACR. I read this thing from cover to cover and can't find the article. I also checked for torn out pages and there weren't any.

Did anyone find the Viper ACR article in this mag?

Dan

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan.
Same thing here. Banner promised Viper article, but nothing inside.

I suspect the magazine cover was printed, but the article inside had not yet been released due to embargo date.

Expect to see the article next week.

That ACR title makes me think it might also be a test of the Detroit auto show concept ACR Viper with some Mopar go fast goodies and hopped up engine.

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe I spend 10 minutes looking thru the rag for the story! Ironically it was my last issue. Decided long ago not to renew my subscription.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw this last night and proceeded to read it from cover to cover twice looking for the Viper article.

Makes my $2K deposit seem worthwhile now....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
re: AutoWeek on cover says Viper ACR...

Says First Looks: Viper ACR & Aston Martin DBS...I don't find the Viper ACR in this edition, has anyone else received this and found the article? The DBS is there...as well as the new Maserati Gran Turismo...but wanta find the ACR!!!! Thanx~~~juli

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AutoWeek on cover says Viper ACR...

:repost: :D Hey Juli, the article isnt in the magazine. I saw someone on here suggest that the magazine probably planned on the article, and put it on the cover, but realized the embargo date to publish the article about the 08' isnt up yet.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, thanx Chad...didn't realize there was already a post about it!~~(reposting, such a sin!) ~juli
I HAD wondered about what they'd be publishing at this early date....

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did it mention (the cover) an '08 ACR or did it allude to future (I realize the article wasn't present...) Hmmmmmmm????????

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Received my AutoWeek today with the "Viper ACR" headline. Definitely nothing in this issue. BTW, when can the press start talking about the 08 Viper (embargo)? I have found it odd that cars will be delivered soon and there has been very little to no press.

Here is the "other" thread on this topic:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=605520

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they make an ACR, wow, might just have to upgrade!

Keep us posted what it's all about.

-J

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, we combined TWO threads on the same subject into one! So don't start scratching your heads and wonder how Juli could come in the middle of this one and act like she hadn't read any of the posts before hers - she hadn't! ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, we combined TWO threads on the same subject into one! So don't start scratching your heads and wonder how Juli could come in the middle of this one and act like she hadn't read any of the posts before hers - she hadn't! ;)

LOL--thank you 'knight in shining armour'!~! ;) :cool: (what he said....true...!) ~juli~
to answer finaled357--no, it did not say '08...that's why I was DYING to see what the HECK this ACR was!!!!

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actual headline, at the top of the current issue, says: "First Looks: Viper ACR & Aston Martin DBS" About 1/3 page on the new DBS with an estimated sticker of $265k (ouch).

I also checked the Autoweek website, nothing.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I also spent 10 min, looking at every page 3 times for that article this morning when I got my Autoweek in the mail.

This is why I haven't ordered the '08 yet. First there are the colors... now maybe an ACR... at this rate it will be '09 before I can decide what to get!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang