Viper CC GT3 - AIM MXG Dash - Problems

JonasDK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I have a Viper CC GT3 2005. There was a Motec ADL display logger install, but now I will like to get a Aim MXG dash in it. I have in install it, but I can't not get Aim to Communication to the ECU.

The ECU is a Mopar - I dont now the specific model, but the diagram in the following link, is machting what i am measure.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/factory-wiring-diagram-help-38137/

I am trying to communicate over SCI TX and RX - But no result. And the ECU don't have CAN...

I am looking Forward, to here from you.

/Jonas, Denmark

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a real Comp Coupe, you cannot rely of the factory wiring diagram. You must use the Comp Coupe Wiring diagram as it interfaces with the stock one in many areas and there are many dead ends of the factory harness that get removed for use with the comp coupe.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I assume the Comp Coupe runs a different ECU than the road car, right? I know in recent history Mopar was basically using rebranded AEM computers for their aftermarket wing. The turnkey crate 5.7 Hemi package had a universal AEM ECU that just had 5.7 Hemi maps and settings pre-programmed in. Wondering if the Comp Coupe is a similar setup, so maybe looking for AEM computer information could be of more use as far as signal wires are concerned.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCC uses a modified OEM controller. Its based on Motorola. No AEM. You can plug in the Comp Coupe controller into a street car and it will run and vice versa. The MOTEC harness is an overlay to the factory.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ah, very interesting. I'd love to crawl over a Comp Coupe someday to really look it over and see how it compares. I've seen them at Hastings in the past, but never really looked them over real hard.