Viper Days and VRL/NRL in Cali in 2 weeks

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious who's attending the Viper Days driving school / Viper Racing League / Neon Racing League event at Willow Springs in 2 weeks? I hear that's a fun track.

All this cold weather and snow here in the midwest leaves me longing for some track time, but that's just too far of a haul... We'll be at Sebring though!

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope they have good weather....It's been raining here it seems for a month....Did I move to Portland???
BTW.. Willow is a great track...
Cheers,

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious who's attending the Viper Days driving school / Viper Racing League / Neon Racing League event at Willow Springs in 2 weeks? I hear that's a fun track.

All this cold weather and snow here in the midwest leaves me longing for some track time, but that's just too far of a haul... We'll be at Sebring though!

Too far of a haul? Hehe, I know someone who trailered his 2 Vipers and took them both all the way from Alberta, Canada to V.O.I.8, AND BACK :)

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be there. I think the rain will be long gone by then.

This is my first Viper Days but my 2nd trip to Willow Springs.

Watch out for motels...there are some dumps out there. The one listed on viperdays.com is good.

Carl

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be there if I can get over the passes. Weather (for Cali purposes) has been terrible, cold, rain and snow. This will be my second time at Willow, it is a very fast and fun track, only 9 turns. You will hit 140 to 160 on the straight, it has a big sweeper (#8) when I was there I was going into it at about 120, makes you want to pucker a little. Anyway looking forward to it.

By the way, when I was there it was over 100 degrees, I know it will take more time to warm up the tires, but will times be slower or faster when its in the 50's and 60's.

Brad

RandyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad...

Bring warm stuff...

I was there in November, got lucky, it was in the 50's

Randy

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it has a big sweeper (#8) when I was there I was going into it at about 120, makes you want to pucker a little. Brad

A LITTLE.....HA! I'm puckering now just remembering it......

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad...

Bring warm stuff...

I was there in November, got lucky, it was in the 50's

Randy

Hey Randy

You don't happen to live next to a doctor do you? I'm in Clovis at Peach & Teague

Also, go to the viperdays.com and sign up for the Willow Springs event. You'll learn more about vipers in two days than you ever thought you could.

Brad

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willow Springs is a fantastic Viper track. Long sweepers allow the car to settle, and huge torque makes coming off the turns great.

The weird thing about turn 8 is you can go much much faster than your eyes tell you to. You must ride with an experienced driver, who knows the track, to make a believer out of you, then you FLY!

Willow Springs has two weather patterns....Cold and windy, and Hot and windy.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willow Springs is one of my favorite tracks - very fast and a lot of fun to drive. Everyone should have a great time!

So! Does this mean you'll be there?? I'll be there to Kick some Butt this year.....

Joe B

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately. only in spirit... My racing priorities will be taking me to Sebring to test during that time. Thunderhill and Willow are two tracks that I am seriously going to miss this year. I'll try to console myself with Infineon and Laguna a little later in the season. See you there?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery