Viper got hurt today

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was involved in the tail end of a 3 car. Lead panic stopped, next was a Lincoln that was snoozing and braked late and slapped into them at probably 40 mph, with the delayed time for braking I locked up and slide into the Lincoln at probably 25 mph or so.

My right ankle hurts a bit but nothing major.

Pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Honestly, I hope it's totaled just so I don't have to deal with trying to eventually sell a car like this with damage. Odometer just rolled over 18k while on this drive too.

Anyone more in the know with insurance have any thoughts? Hood is jacked up, front bumper and everything on it is ruined, car was leaking oil, radiator also looked beat up, not sure about frame damage but who knows.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this :(

Looks like your looking at
New front nose
Fog light / fog light housing
Side marker
Replacement front bumper
Hod latch mechanism
Replacement Oil cooler and lines
New Radiator
New overflow bottle
Front frame alignment / front clip
Hood?
Suspension alignment?
Did the air bag release?
Possible fractures to A arms
Steering rack?
Anti roll bar
New fasteners / various

Paint for new parts.

I bet they Total it!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to read this. Hope your foot feels better and you may be sore elsewhere in 24 hours. Don't ask me how I know. I am glad it was not worse.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the wreck, but at least you weren't seriously
hurt in it. The car is probably totaled, but as bad as it looks it
can be fixed - people however tend to be less rebuildable. Glad
youre okay - good luck with it!

OP
OP
S

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Airbags did not go off.

Never too soon! :)

Wonder how much they would ask for if I buy it back and how much I could get...the CCW rims are still in great condition, brake kit (arguable if it helps after this incident...I kid, I kid...but seriously), exhaust, engine (it was leaking oil so dunno on that)

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean! Lucky for me (I think?), I didn't have to think twice about my accident... I knew it was totaled!

I'd take a sludge hammer to the rest of the car to ensure its totaled :lmao:

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're okay, that's the important thing. Sorry to see the car in that shape though. Good luck with your future decisions.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam, very disappointing for sure & such an sharp looking "96. Hope everything works out in your favor, if you keep the car and decide to part out, please send me a PM. Best of luck to you!

Dart451

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow hope you heal fast. Guessing it will be totaled, I would be interested in it if you get to keep it.

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
in all honesty that's a very easy fix!! Mine was way way worse then that and you could never tell that it was. hit at all. Its a easy fix but with the hood busted *****. ill buy the whole car of you, once ya get everything straightned out you just le t me know thanks hop your feeling allright!!

OP
OP
S

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Yea, I'll ask them about buying it back. I am deploying on Monday so this will be handled all via email. Luckily my bank/insurance, USAA, is very mil friendly and this isn't their first rodeo (another pilot my squadron had the exact same thing happen to them a year ago and they said it was painless).

I'll keep everyone updated on here as to what happens. Anyone bought their car back from insurance? How much is a realistic price? This would be a first for me.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide to buy it back, make sure it's because this is the car you love and that you want it for life. If it gets a rebuilt or salvage title, it'll be very difficult to sell. And you're willing to put up with any gremlins that you may have in the future due to the accident. Plus finding the hood.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now how many un molested 1996 GTS remain?
Well Revheat documented all 96’s. Not sure the last time he did a count. I am proud to say you can add my 96 GTS to the list. Absolutely no history and 100% stock except for cat back exhaust with somewhat low miles.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does ****. Hopefully everything will be smooth and make a fast recovery. Get back behind the wheel soon. PM sent on the car if you buy it back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang