Viper Owner Invitational #11 - BE THERE!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!
Calendar marked.
Waiting for the details and that the registration starts :2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news and great location. SLC was never the same after the Winter Olympics (in a good way). It is no different than most everywhere else on the liquor laws now. You just have to order a small appetizer or a meal with drinks, etc. to meet state regulations (which is the only difference) but that is no biggie.

Can't believe VOI11 is out here in the Wild West. Short drive for me so both me and the wife will most definitely be there. Let us know when hotel rooms start to open up for booking.

Most that have never been there before will be very, very surprised. It is not what you expect from the stories and jokes of of SLC past. The city and area are definitely caught up with the rest of the world now.

Again, thank you and great job. Can't wait for the first VOI event I will attend since buying my Viper over 3 years ago.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as the final prices for everything are available please let me know!

I guess the high speed freaks are allowed to have a go at the Bonneville Salt Flats :D?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never actually stayed in Salt Lake City before but I can say without question that Utah is one of the most beautiful states in the country. Miller Motorsports is surrounded by snow covered mountains and is spectacular. One of the nicest track facilities in the country. The drive out there from MA should be awesome.

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Among all you happy people, I'll bet I'm the HAPPIEST! I've been agitating for some kind of Viper event at MMSP forever! I've even driven on that track--slowly, however, as it was raining that day. You don't have to BYOB, by the way. And you'll all love the scenery! Yee-hah!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting and beautiful location. FYI for those who might be sensitive to altitude or for tuning purposes:

Salt Lake City, Utah:

Elevation of Temple Square - 1317 meters (4320 feet)
Minimum city elevation - 1284 meters (4210 feet)
Average city elevation - 1319 meters (4327 feet).
Maximum city elevation - 2870 meters (9410 feet)

The track is in Toole, Utah. 35 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. The elevation of Toole is 5043 feet.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MMSP Stats and Specs

Elevation: 4,450 feet
Variance: 77 feet (Southeast Corner to Northwest Corner)
Width: 40-50 feet
Front Stretch: 3,500 feet

Full Course: 4.486 miles, 23 turns
Outer Course: 3.048 miles, 15 turns
East Course: 2.242 miles, 15 turns
West Course:2.183 miles, 10 turns

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are a bunch of Doris' helicopter photos from MMSP Speed GT race May 2007. Archer Won. I included the East and West layouts, and the Interchange shot. And the 4X4 track, and one of the two go-cart tracks. The indoor and sheltered hospitality areas are world-class, and this facility could even host Formula One without too much effort. THANKS CHAD for posting help !

Full-Course view, shot from 1/2 mile opposite the front straight grandstand:
You must be registered for see images attach

Mountains on ONE end---

Great Salt Lake at the Other End:

The Interchange area, barriers create TWO tracks. Front straight grandstand now in foreground:

Look Close: GoCart 2 Tracks a Mirror image of the REAL Track! Great for Practice.

Where's Waldo? Find Doris' Yellow RT in the shot?: Note HUGE Hospitality area on left

Count The Vipers Here: World Challenge can be FUN

MMP is a WINDBLOWN Track. Plan for it! Hang On Flag Girls! {Doris in Red/white tank}

4X4 Track.....Dodge could let us off-road their hardware HERE:

Waterpark on premises Too!

Also has a small and historic COBRA Museum on premises!

MMSP Stats and Specs

Elevation: 4,450 feet
Variance: 77 feet (Southeast Corner to Northwest Corner)
Width: 40-50 feet
Front Stretch: 3,500 feet

Full Course: 4.486 miles, 23 turns
Outer Course: 3.048 miles, 15 turns
East Course: 2.242 miles, 15 turns
West Course:2.183 miles, 10 turns

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLC may seem odd to some but it is truly a great city, and given that VOIs have hit most of the "natural" locales up to now, I cannot think of a better location. (except Richmond or Charlotte but I am lazy and love both tracks)

I have not been to a VOI in awhile, but hope to make this one and one of the reasons is the location.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!! This will be my first VOI.

Haven't been to SLC in about 11 years but from what I rememebr it is a very beautiful city.

Can't wait!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** it up and drive. We drome from NC to Vegas and it was the most fun 3.5 days we'd had in a long time. It's totally nice to get out on the road, stretch the Viper's legs, stop at some fum places along the way and enjoy yourself. We're entirely too connected and scheduled every minute of the day.

Enjoy the trip.... don't rush through your life going from event to event and making the in between stuff stressful and unmemorable. The in between stuff is the hidden gem of living.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni - Oh I never said I was not going to make the drive! ;)

Was just saying, I calculated how long my drive WILL be! Good thing I like driving! :yay:

Very well spoken by the way! We should frame that last paragraph and labled ConfuJanni! :D

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Total Travel Estimate: 33 hours / 2182.26 miles and 2150 of those miles is rte 80 I never drove on one road for that long.If I drove it I would need to do a tire change just to get back home... I might have to fly .....So who is renting me there ACR-X for the race ?????????

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just calculated it....32 hour drive! :crazy2:

If I am in Ottawa, I might consider driving. It is about 400 miles less than driving from Naples. Might have the car in Ottawa for track day at Circuit Mont Tremblant. Maybe a GTG on the way with members of the other states to join as we pass through. ?????

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone involved in helping make VOI.11 a reality and at a first class location!
The track, the scenery, real races to watch, Salt flats nearby.... WOW!

Great job!!!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Total Travel Estimate: 33 hours / 2182.26 miles and 2150 of those miles is rte 80 I never drove on one road for that long.If I drove it I would need to do a tire change just to get back home... I might have to fly .....So who is renting me there ACR-X for the race ?????????

Steve, let me know if you want to take the drive....I'm down for it :drive: