Viper Philosophy

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "*********" wont last long. It will only be a matter of months before tuners figure out how to mod the Gen 5 then we will be banging right back! And the Viper platform handles speed and power much better than the turbo charged Nissan Maxima they call a GT-R and the 4000 lb Mustang with a K Mart chasis....let em bring it on! I welcome the challenge!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there you have it.

Owning a new Viper is really still a combination of nostalgia and sports car dominance, with nostalgia owning a larger and larger percentage of why people are buying Vipers. I dare say less than ten percent of Viper owners are qualified to actually drive the Viper for what it is built for..and thats ********** in a circuit track course. I remember when I drove my Viper up at the Limerock track in CT. First, that kind of road racing is very difficult and demanding on both the body and the car. The g forces in the turns Vipers are capable of are tremendous to the point of almost unbearable for most drivers...and thats with an 04 stock suspension in my Viper. The ACR is pulling g's that are way beyond what most sports car drivers can sustain over the course of a full race. Few Viper owners are doing that.

What they are doing is what most sports car guys are doing..and that is pulling up besides other sports cars on the highway and challenging them. Any stock Viper older than the Gen 4 is gonna have problems with quite a few other stock sports cars out there. I think the Gen 5 will still defeat any sports car out there under $300k from 0 to 190 mph. Many, if not most Viper owners still want to have the fastest car in the streets...thats why so many are supercharged, have headers, cams...etc, we still want to win the road wars. My Viper was modded and if yall know anything about me my wife and I went "hunting" practically every weekend for other sports cars...and I NEVER lost a race...but I never came across a twin turbo Z06 or some other insanely powered car.

So, unless you are buying the Viper to race in a circuit course, you are buying it for nostalgia (the experience, the feel, connection, etc) unless you mod it. And, the problem with modding is everybody else is modding too.

When you get a chance go to the Aston Martin official website. I cannot help but feel sorry for Aston Martin owners...what in the hell are they actually doing over there? They are bragging about making a $275,000 3500 lb Zagato that comes with 510 hp? Are you kidding me? They are bragging about cars that get to 60 mph in 4.1 seconds? They even have a section on racing in their site...who are they racing against? Other Astons Martins? When we rented the Limerock track in CT we were able to get the track since we partnered up with the Aston Martin club. The Aston Martin owners made it very clear they didnt want any Vipers on the track while they were racing. And you know why. Aston Martin cant claim they are luxurious and sporty, Bentleys and Porshces and a few Benzes can outperform Aston Martins. All the Aston Martin owners have left is nostalgia...and only amongst themselves. Just like AC Cobras.

Right now Vipers claim to fame is we have the dominant road course car, the best looking and rarest American sports car made today, and that is no pushover in any kind of race. Priced so that most upper middle class hard working Americans can buy it, and you get a piece of history along with some present and future sports car technology. Well...I guess thats good enough for me :headbang:

I agrre with you for the most part but must add my two cents as a hunter like yourself...

Even a stock gen3 is a very capable high 11 low 120s car... When my 03 was stockish it is very very very rare to run into another stocker that could dust it. Only stock car I ever ran into that beat my stock viper was my buddies stock z06....and even then I beat him from dead stops by a few lengths while he beat me from rolls by a few lengths...

Never ever ran into anyother stock car that I had to worry about.. You can talk about zr1s and 458s and newer p-tt cars all day but Ive never ran into them. You see plenty of ls3 vettes and 5.0 stangs and chargers ect cruisin the streets and stock for stock a gen3 will eat them alive..

Even a 96 gts can touch 120 mph in the quarter and will destroy most modern day supposedly fast cars...

The gen4 viper is simply a monster. The record is 131 mph stock in the quarter. Are you kidding me? Reality is that there isnt much available on the market that can actually beat a gen4 viper.

Again we are talking stock to stock.

In my eyes there is still more than just nostalgia when it comes to vipers. A ten year old srt maxes out at 123 in the quarter..the 12 gtr that everyones raveing about maxes out at 125 mph...

I get where your coming from but we still have a 120-130 mph car depending on gen2 or 3 or 4....that is somthing that no one takes lightly...

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what todays numbers are because tomorrow will bring something faster, and it only applies to a track. Other than the Autobahn where can you use the HP any of these cars put out, legally? Remember all the stats compiled are done with professional drivers, and of those professional drivers who own these performance cars might be 10%. However I will always think my Viper is the most badass car on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave