Viper/Porsche GT3-RS/Ferrari

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today I took the Viper out and met my very good friend, whom I talk about ad nauseam, with his Ferrari Scuderia Coupe and Vert and his brand new Porsche 911 GT3-RS. I love the Ferraris but didn't drive them today. The new Porsche however I did drive and all can say is wow. The torque and throttle response was absolutely insane, not to mention the sound of the engine. The pictures I posted are of course not his car but his car is that exact color combo, wheels all the way to the interior. This car absolutely ran like a ***** ape. It looks fantastic in person and it stopped people on the street.

Attachments

• 500x_Porsche_gt3rs_2010_02.jpg
    500x_Porsche_gt3rs_2010_02.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 500x_Porsche_gt3rs_2010_05.jpg
    500x_Porsche_gt3rs_2010_05.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 800px-2010_Black_and_Red_Porsche_997_GT3_RS_(IAA_2009).jpg
    800px-2010_Black_and_Red_Porsche_997_GT3_RS_(IAA_2009).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 172

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chriss...the GT3-RS happens to be one (of many) "dream" cars for me. Would love to own one (right after I do that bank job). Did your buddies GT3-RS have the roll cage? When I looked into this car Porsche said that USA versions would NOT have them since the cage is not DOT approved and only European spec get them.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that 911 is sweet.

I have no doubt it DRIVES sweet. But it sure looked sweet in 1963. Now it looks like my aunt after a month at Canyon Ranch with $50,00G's worth of botox and facelifts.

Sorry, but no matter how you dress it up....it's still like dancing with my aunt.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chriss...the GT3-RS happens to be one (of many) "dream" cars for me. Would love to own one (right after I do that bank job). Did your buddies GT3-RS have the roll cage? When I looked into this car Porsche said that USA versions would NOT have them since the cage is not DOT approved and only European spec get them.
Ya know quite honestly I didnt pay attention. I don't believe it does. I'll take a look.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That new Porsche (except the paint scheme) has got to be unbelievable to own and drive. And what a great serious track car. Well done.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious track car it is but I am glad to see the ACR kicked its but on the track. In fact a stock convertible was able to keep up with it on the same track.

For that amount of money it would be hard not to consider the new turbo.

That new Porsche (except the paint scheme) has got to be unbelievable to own and drive. And what a great serious track car. Well done.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Excellent car...And I think every single one that is coming to the US is spoken for.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Serious track car it is but I am glad to see the ACR kicked its but on the track. In fact a stock convertible was able to keep up with it on the same track.

For that amount of money it would be hard not to consider the new turbo.
Like to see that video if it exists.

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was at my friend Rick's showroom today and he has this 2007 GT3-RS for sale for $129,000 (has 3,000 miles). Car appears not to have been tracked as in pristine condition. Car is sick - he just drove it yesterday and had up to 170mph.

Attachments

• car .house twilight 122.jpg
    car .house twilight 122.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 31
  • car .house twilight 126.jpg
    car .house twilight 126.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 14
  • car .house twilight 127.jpg
    car .house twilight 127.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT-3 is a great performing car but the looks leave a lot to be desired...... (for me at least)

Any pictures of the Ferrari?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest dissapointment in my life occurred when I drove a MY 05 GT3 4 weeks ago. It had 7000 miles(track?) with roll cage and was a bag of bolts:omg: . Under powered/poor steering response. I drove a 911S ( ssame model year) a couple of years ago and it was fantastic ( and plenty of power) :dunno:
l

Always lusted for a GT3 but...no more...rather have a Boxster

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would much rather have the GT3/GT3-RS , than the turbo or GT2.
To me, it's like the Viper in that it's much more of a pure driver's car.
And damn good looking!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No video but Road and Track did a comparison of sports cars that have a track model in the lineup i.e. the Viper and ACR, the lamborghini Gallardo and Superlegra C4S and GT3 RS etc.

Viper Coupe was a full second faster around the track then the GT3 RS. The ACR was 4 seconds faster.

See for yourself.

Evil Twins - Article - Road and Track

Like to see that video if it exists.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been interested in beetles. GTS Bruce

A person that actually feels the same way I do . I can respect the performance of the car . But I Hate the looks of all porche's . They always just remind me of a Beetle . Can't stand the way they look . Wouldn't matter how rich I was . I would never own one of those car's . Glad you had fun though :)

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While i have respect, i too have no love of Pcars...i debated for a long time between the GTS FE i now own and a 996TT...but i soon realized that there was not one single thing that i liked better about the Pcar than the Viper (except maybe the status that comes with the badge...meh).

I prefer NA to turbo, i prefer two seats to four, i prefer rear wheel drive to AWD, i prefer front engine to rear (mid is good on my books though), i prefer the sound of my V10 to the turbo supressed silence, i prefer no traction control to traction control...the list went on and on...in the end it was a easy choice.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made the smart choice !! I'm not wealthy by any means . I still work for my money . My money doesn't work for me . ( Which I don't mind one bit) . But if there was a car I wanted bad enough I would save until I could afford it , buy used what ever . But there is no car out there that brings a smile to my face . That keeps me infatuated as the Passion for Vipers :headbang:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said. I was turned on to the Viper while trading my 02 Carrera in and shopping for a Turbo. It just so happens that the porsche dealership had a Viper on the lot. One test drive was all it took.

While i have respect, i too have no love of Pcars...i debated for a long time between the GTS FE i now own and a 996TT...but i soon realized that there was not one single thing that i liked better about the Pcar than the Viper (except maybe the status that comes with the badge...meh).

I prefer NA to turbo, i prefer two seats to four, i prefer rear wheel drive to AWD, i prefer front engine to rear (mid is good on my books though), i prefer the sound of my V10 to the turbo supressed silence, i prefer no traction control to traction control...the list went on and on...in the end it was a easy choice.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I saw this thread title and remembered when my viper was being delivered....only an AMG Black was present as well. Only in Alabama would a rendezvous like this happen in front of a K-mart...
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456