Voi 12 announced!!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
per the main page:

The Viper Club of America, in conjunction with the SRT division of Chrysler, is very pleased to announce the 12th Viper Owners Invitational. This spectacular event will be hosted in Charlotte, NC from September 27-30, 2012. Tentative driving activities include road course, autocross, go karts, scenic cruise, and drag strip. As always, excellent meals will be provided Thursday through Saturday, with a special fundraising dinner on Sunday night also included. The event will also feature some great Viper vendor displays, guest speakers, and several vehicles from our friends in Detroit. This will be your opportunity to get up close and personal with the brand new 2013 SRT Viper!

More details are to follow, including the host hotels, rates, and much, much more. Stay tuned!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yeah! 5 hour drive on 74 through GREAT mountain roads the whole way! If a group ends up coming this way, the Dragon is only about a 25-30 min detour off the route as well! :)

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like a great venue. It happens to be about 3,000 each way from here, but I guess I will get a nice scenic drive and get to visit some other nice areas on the way. I have a "bucket list" item to drive the Viper up Pikes Peak, so this should be my big chance. As far as putting miles on my Viper - I just rolled over 84,000, so another 6 or 7 thousand won't hurt.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like a great venue. It happens to be about 3,000 each way from here, but I guess I will get a nice scenic drive and get to visit some other nice areas on the way. I have a "bucket list" item to drive the Viper up Pikes Peak, so this should be my big chance. As far as putting miles on my Viper - I just rolled over 84,000, so another 6 or 7 thousand won't hurt.

Totally agree, mine recently crossed the 74,000 mark so I have no problems driving it to North Carolina and back. Great opportunity to see the country.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopeing to be able to drive down. Eight and a half hours for me. Now...gotta Find a baby sitter.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the dates blocked off in the calendar and am really looking forward to it--10 hours each way for me, not bad at all. Hoping that I can drive down with a large contingent of the NY-CT/NJ/PA group.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be interesting to find out about the road course, as if we are using the infield of Charlotte Motor Speedway we do have the infamous walls that have not been kind in the past. Overall , should be a good trip for a little Southern hospitality and with the trip down it should take around 20 hours +.

Time to grease up the trailer axles and there should be plenty of things to do in the Nascar Capital of the US. Gotta imagine we will have a guest appearance from one of the Dodge boys --- AJ Almendinger would be my choice.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see it on NARRA Schedule, so I take it there is no coordinated event this time and no racing. I see VIR has open dates Sep 28-30 on the calendar. A two or three day DE at VIR would be fun and I imagine get a lot of participation!

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIR has no open weekends till Dec. I talked to Kevin yesterday. Thur/Fri might be available though...

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yeah! 5 hour drive on 74 through GREAT mountain roads the whole way! If a group ends up coming this way, the Dragon is only about a 25-30 min detour off the route as well! :)

I'll meet you there! I have to drive right through Knoxville to get to Charlotte.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Should be a 1 day drive. Assuming no fuel tank melting issues. :D

You wont have any long big mountains to pull this time like we did going to SLC. You should be ok. If not i'm sure we can get you fixed right up. I know where there is a nice shade tree we can work under and I got some duct tape to put things back together.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950