VOTS

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant believe I show up on it...so psyched. For those in stage "Production Scheduled":

I see "customer preferred package 21A" under "other(s)" What is this option?

Under "additional features/packages" I had "car cover" listed there a couple of days ago and now its been changed to "mopar car cover" For those with this option, is there a difference?

The rest of the options listed are self explanatory. Are any custom orders beyond Production Scheduled stage at this point?

I hope my Mystique arrives by June!!

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty exciting stuff. Make sure you visit 3-5 times a day, it seems to speed up the process. I'm not sure if you ordered a GTS or not however; that option shows up on my order as well. I think it's possibly the grand touring package which comes standard when you order the GTS. Same for me on the car cover option, it recently changed to mopar car cover. I'm a first wave "custom order" my car is currently in "Trim" status. Good luck and get ready for a steady diet of questioning... "When is your car coming?" those words will haunt you in your sleep until your car arrives!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the internets, when the gen III's went into production this was 21A

21A
Quick Order Package 21A
Includes vehicle with standard equipment. Package price has been added to vehicle base price. Required for ordering purposes. (Original MSRP $)

--RS

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21A is all the stuff that comes standard with the model. Mine is a SRT and has the package 21H. If yours is, in fact, 21A I would assume all the GTS model Vipers are 21A, but I don't know that for sure. Congrats on getting the VIN! What are the final few digits? My VIN is 400008 and still shows as Production Scheduled.

Bill

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty exciting stuff. Make sure you visit 3-5 times a day, it seems to speed up the process. I'm not sure if you ordered a GTS or not however; that option shows up on my order as well. I think it's possibly the grand touring package which comes standard when you order the GTS. Same for me on the car cover option, it recently changed to mopar car cover. I'm a first wave "custom order" my car is currently in "Trim" status. Good luck and get ready for a steady diet of questioning... "When is your car coming?" those words will haunt you in your sleep until your car arrives!

LOL I am glad I am not the only one...

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys. The finals on the VIN are 400495. The full VIN hasn't been released to me as of yet. Exciting stuff!:omg:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Killer, what's your VIN? I'm surprised to see any custom orders in Trim status at this time (other than the Stryker Red cars). Do you have some special connections? Or a Stryker Red car?

Bill

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks first wave I think? the first 360 are the LE's, Red SRTs, and red dealer cars (I could be wrong about that exact number)

So you are either at the front of the 2nd wave or end of the 1st.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys. The finals on the VIN are 400495. The full VIN hasn't been released to me as of yet. Exciting stuff!:omg:

As you know Rick, I'm one step ahead if you. VIN 400494, brother! I'm thinking June delivery, mid-July at the absolute latest.

We can now see the light at the end of the tunnel :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom-thats crazy how we are back to back like that! I heard that they build based upon color. Wonder if thats true? If so I might have the last Shadow Blue Pearl and u might have the 1st Stryker Red in the custom production?

Killer, trim stage is far along!! whats the last 6 of your VIN?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the body panels are produced offsite, I wouldn't think it has much to do with the production order.

But, i could be wrong.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Killer, what's your VIN? I'm surprised to see any custom orders in Trim status at this time (other than the Stryker Red cars). Do you have some special connections? Or a Stryker Red car?

Bill

My VIN # is 66 it's a Stryker Red car. No special connections, luck of the draw i guess. I should also point out, it may be in trim stage, but who knows when it will be ready to ship?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My VIN # is 66 it's a Stryker Red car. No special connections, luck of the draw i guess. I should also point out, it may be in trim stage, but who knows when it will be ready to ship?

Nice choice! I've been told that they are sprinkling the Stryker Reds throughout the entire first wave production. This is because of the challenges of this tricky paint job, and they don't want to do too many in a group at a time is it could bottleneck production. Although my Stryker Red was one of the earlier orders, unfortunately it received an erroneous pilot VIN, and so they had to reissue my VIN. This slowed down the build for me. Hey, I'm not complaining. Better late than never, just glad to have one of these special colors.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok on VOTS under "color/trim/seating" i have listed "black/sepia" they know that they need to pick one...the one I chose right? LOL

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stryker Red is the key, along with the early custom VIN. Any other color and you're still waiting in line. Your Viper should be finished in a few days and ready to ship. Just need to put together a load heading your way. Perfect timing, since shipping starts Monday. I'll bet you have your car in a few weeks. Congrats!

Bill

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't hold your breath guys, I have vin 68 and have been in 'production scheduled' since EARLY December....and still am!!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that 21H is standard option package for the SRT. I also believe that the non-custom production totals will be 320, then, the customs start. They had built approximately 144 cars before the the start of day on Friday:

Possible Schedule

1. They built 8.2 cars/day this week and they are working six days per week, therefore 22 working days till the customs start.

2. If that number holds, the custom car production will start at or around April 17th.

3. That also means that from April 17th through the end of May, approximately 300 cars will be built.

Then we have to remember we do not live in a perfect world.