VRL CC's ready for some track time

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attached (if this works) are pictures of our race cars that have rebuilt by Archer Racing for the upcoming racing season.

Ben's #22 car is built to WGCT spec's; my #32 is a "stock" Comp Coupe.

Attachments

• new No 22.jpg
    new No 22.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_1554.jpg
    DSC_1554.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David: A well driven T1 will do just fine in the GT1 class of the VRL. Weather permitting, we're going to do some testing at Nelson this Friday if you're interested in a little track time.

Cindy: We haven't met, but I've known Scotty for a decade... Continued success to you and the rest of your team.

Rich

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cindi - Yes, we met at NJ earlier this month. My wife Tanya served as your flag girl. We both had a blast and greatly appreciate you hosting us.

With respect to a T1 car being competitive in the VRL GT-1 class, the answer is yes. My car, which was formerly campaigned by Scotty White, is for the most part stock, but a very well sorted car. It's a bit heavier than a CC (I just weighed in at 3300 lbs without me at TWS last week) while the CCs were around 2950 to 3000 lbs. The GT1 cars are closer to 3200 lbs.

At a track that I believe normalizes some of the HP advantage and light weight of the CCs, I ran a 1:39.1 in qualifying. The first place GT-1 car ran a 139.5. The CCs ran from 1:33 to 1:41.

I'm confident with Cindi, Scotty, or other drivers better than I my car has even more potential. I have about 10 events underneath my belt and I'm still learning.

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cindi - Yes, we met at NJ earlier this month. My wife Tanya served as your flag girl. We both had a blast and greatly appreciate you hosting us.

I'm confident with Cindi, Scotty, or other drivers better than I my car has even more potential. I have about 10 events underneath my belt and I'm still learning.

Please thank Tanya so much for being my flag person at NJ for the World Challenge race. That was so cool that you guys stepped in to help. Sorry the Aston Martin ended my day. The car was running very well that weekend.

Are you running this weekend at Texas? If so, best of luck!

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cindi - Yes, I am on my way to Texas right now. My crew chief is driving while I work and play. When the Aston Martin ended your day, Tanya jumped up on pit wall and started screaming, "Did you see what he did? He can't do that!". She was really ticked, but impressed as I how well you drove the car with the damage. We had a great time!

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great having you guys there at NJ especially being Viper drivers/owners. I think what I said underneath in my helmet at the Astin Martin driver was much worse than Tanya said! She was probably a lady!

Have a great time at Texas this weekend. Let me know how things go.

Rich- best of luck with your CC testing on friday. Hope it goes well. If you ever need anything, let me know.

Cindi

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attached (if this works) are pictures of our race cars that have rebuilt by Archer Racing for the upcoming racing season.

Ben's #22 car is built to WGCT spec's; my #32 is a "stock" Comp Coupe.
Nice looking cars....Archer did the work? Better check all the bolts to see if they are tight....just kidding! Obviously the WGCT car has a lot more wing...are the splitters identical?

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Rich! Both cars look great. Its going to be fun racing with you next year.
Do you plan on Sebring in Jan. with PBOC.

Whose car did you buy?

Regards
Ed B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62