Warm feet!

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first summer with my Viper Convtble and man does it get warm near the pedals! I almost always have to have the air on down there when its hot out and the top is down. Normal? I know its near the exhaust area but geez.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very normal. My wife actually had her sandals melt when we were out one day. Gotta love the Viper. :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some years are hotter than others. OE cats are HOT-HOT-HOT, esp with an OE exhaust aft of them.

"Always say the Year-Model of your Viper"

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't be such a *****!!! Seriously though, yeah, it does get hot!! I would recommend using some exhaust wrap around that area of the exhaust system and that should cure the problem. I have my car double wrapped all the way around the cockpit and you can't even burn your legs on the side covers after a long hot hard run.

V

Venomiss

Since you own a black 06 that can get a bit toasty.
Maybe give Bill Sampognaro a call . He might be able to give you some ideas.

Hopefully you plan on meeting the Illinois group soon.
Membership is prorated for newbies so that might save you some $$.

Just remember the black Vipers are really beautiful when clean.:)

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper engineers made it this hot on purpose! Else you wouldn't have a excuse to buy high flow cats and open exhaust...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Viper engineers made it this hot on purpose! Else you wouldn't have a excuse to buy high flow cats and open exhaust...

No, our government wants US carmakers to produce the hot-clean burn, for less emissions, and quieter sound. Viper engineers own and drive these cars too.

Thanks BillP, my translator! FORE and AFT [as in BE-FORE and AFT-ER]