Was able to get my car on the lift, counted the rotations need help (gearing)

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few of you told me to count the rotations that the driveshaft made while turning my wheel 1 full revolution so I was able to get it on the lift today and do that. As some might remember from my original thread my speedo is off pretty good. Anyway the driveshaft turned 3 and 3/4 of a turn for one full rotation of the rear wheel, does that mean 3:73's? If so I need to order the recalibration kit, thanks for any help!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like 3:73's to me, looks like you are a gen1 :dunno:with stock height tires :dunno:

if you are running taller tire setup the math changes

an exper will chime in soon

congrats on the gears

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, honestly I never cared about gears, guess I just inherited them, but I read it is a nice upgrade...I just want to get my speedo calibrated right is all. I have stock tires I'm pretty sure, the backs are 335/35/17 and the fronts are 275/40/17 are those stock? I'm pretty sure the front is b/c it is an original tire (no worries I have new ones on the way) and the rears are new Michelin PS2's.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like 373's

what kind of RPM do you turn at 65mph in 6th gear ? that will help confirm above too

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plum,

1400rpms in 6th at 75mph indicated which is probably somewhere around 63 or 64 actual mph according to gps, hope this helps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_