Well here's the Gen V!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting, many of us were boggled by that fugly test mule.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually yes, here's a few with an uglier aXX:

AMC Pacer
AMC Gremlin
Buick Rendevous/Pontiac Aztec
and a guy I grew up with's wife....she wasn't attractive then and has gone steadily downhill since.

Regards,
Aaron

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side indicates that there was not much of a difference to today's car from visual cues.

Related Post
You must be registered for see images attach

Short overhang in the rear. Attempted long wheel base. Not too much of a rake on the windshield. Little to no storage space in back. Utilitarian except for the hinged doors.

Not that impressed, honestly.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have said it before and I will say it again. Thanks once again Bob Eaton! I really appreicate the merger of equals. You sold us out like the rat you are.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually love that car, and plan to buy one.

The side indicates that there was not much of a difference to today's car from visual cues.

Related Post

Short overhang in the rear. Attempted long wheel base. Not too much of a rake on the windshield. Little to no storage space in back. Utilitarian except for the hinged doors.

Not that impressed, honestly.

Ok the car itself, I can't hate it. It's beautiful, in person at least and I've been in a pre-production car. It was 1 of 4 in the states at the time. I have to say, as far as $200k comfort the SLS is perfect. Those seats just felt RIGHT. The dash in front of you is more techie and modern compared to the 'fighter jet cockpit' feel any of the Vipers have had.

The motor has horsepower, enough that you can feel it through your feet as it roars away and you can bet the last thing that went through my mind was 'this is that hemi Viper everyone wants, but never got'. Trunk space is rather decent, I'd say roughly the same amount you would find in your average 01' Mustang GT, enough for at least one dead body and a few groceries.:D

Anyway, I like the car. It's probably going to get it's rear handed by the MP4-12C, as well as many others, but it's on my list. Take a look at the gauge cluster , you'll be seeing something very similar when the new Charger comes out later this year.

--RS

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bodywork (skin) would have been different on the Dodge Viper for sure, however, I think the article was really referring to the frame, suspension, dimensions, etc. as the new Viper and as far as that goes, it would have made a great GEN V. The look on the SLS is definitely M-B as I am sure they took the original Viper design and then M-B'd it. once they got the design transferred.

All these newer cars I seem to need to see in person to form a proper judgement as the angles, etc. do not come through on a two dimensional picture. The dimensions on the SLS in pictures just do not do it for me, but I am sure in real life, it will be ****. Personally think the SLS prototype convertible is a much sexier car.

Sometimes too much thought can be put into something and ruin the product. Case in point, someone stole the Green Day Album and then they had to go into the studio and pound out a new one in three days (American Idiot was one of the new classics) No thought, just stick to the formula and do it. Spontinanity is good.

Sounds like the GEN V had to start from scratch as the proposed design was taken away. Now they need our input as they have been soliciting so this is a good thing. A two year hiatus to sacrifice to get the car we all want. Sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960