Well...I Did it...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nineball- Your delivery actually inspired me to consider something other than black/black/black.

I now know why you went white. I wish I could have pulled the plant experience. That's just awesome

When the CEO of SRT can have any color he wants, he also picked white. I still like my choice more than any other color. It just looks so modern in white.

OP
OP
N

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your exactly right! White is the fastest color too right?

Made it to the dealership and rolled straight back. SM just read some emails he has recieved concerning the video from SRT Brand guys.
In a nut shell they said if I could not get here today they would send a flat bed for it. They want this car in service today.

And of course.....the door hasn't cycled since I left the house. They told me not to worry; I will be taken care of promptly. This is not acceptable.

NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your exactly right! White is the fastest color too right?

Made it to the dealership and rolled straight back. SM just read some emails he has recieved concerning the video from SRT Brand guys.
In a nut shell they said if I could not get here today they would send a flat bed for it. They want this car in service today.

And of course.....the door hasn't cycled since I left the house. They told me not to worry; I will be taken care of promptly. This is not acceptable.

NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I would hope so after dropping 100k. They should buy you dinner as well.....lol

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome. White with black stripes looks AWESOME. I'd love to own a gen V but it's not in the cards for me right now. Maybe in a couple years I might try to pick up a used one.....

BTW. The ghost door popping issue can be a plus.

"But honey, I pulled up next to the curb and the door automatically opened and _X_X_X_ got in :) "

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a plus at all; I'm with the prompt fix and dinner on them idea...what an inconvenience. Hope it all works out soon and sounds like it will.

OP
OP
N

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Made it home finally.....what a day.

Our SRT Tech ran several diagnostic tools and found a DTC with the ghost door. He could not get a repeat of the video. He is leaning towards that the module/mechanism in the door may have gotten wet when I wiped down with the sponge. He sent an email to the engineers about it for future references.

Not only did they take us to dinner on the purchase night; but lunch today.

We left the dealership and stopped for fuel; then hit the highway. Check engine light illuminates. ***!

I called him up and he pulled us right through. P0801( I believe) Reverse Lock Out Fault. Cleared code and tested several times. Ive driven 110 miles since then and trouble free. #hell yes

On the plus side dealer is sending us some cool SRT gear and hopefully a nice car cover(pfff who needs that?!?)

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car love the colors
I had the door popping open on both my 96 and 01 the micro switch would get wet and short out
I'm sure if it comes back they should change the switch the rubber seal is bad I bet
Awesome car can't wait for mine but I kept my ZR1 it's just too much fun

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door opening: i had a gen 3 that after a wash would do such things until all dried out ... perhaps that is the issue.
Completely understand your passion and excitement and why your fiance is your fiance.

Congrats on all fronts, enjoy the ride and be safe!

V

VCA Forum Staff

I was thinking the same thing LOL.....Who do I need to contact to have the SN changed? I was very close to just creating a new account since I had not posted since I joined.

Yes I traded off my C6. Less than a yr old but was definitely not a down grade.

Thank You Guys for the compliments

First off, welcome to the Viper Nation! Amazing looking car!

As for the name change, we can do that for you! Just send us a private message with what you want it changed to and we can edit that for you. :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've completely turned around 180 degres on white sports cars, five years ago you couldn't give me one (exaggeration) and now think it's the hottest color you can get.
I'm picturing a Gen 5 ACR in white with Viper Blue stripes. Black wheels. Wide stripes like the OP has.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
white GTS is an AMAZING color in person. and with the black stripes, wheels and matching rear applique it must look awesome. congrats. btw...wait until she is broken in and you hit redline. the pull from 4,500 to 6,300 rpm is addictive and WILL get you in trouble!!:)

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congrats on the beautiful new car. I have the same problem with my drivers side window, it goes up and down on its own and i have been dealing with the dealership on this for going on 5 weeks now. i will say this and please keep an open mind to my suggestion as i got an immediate response. Vipersmith started a thread suggesting that members with issues send Ralph a twitter if you want help and i didn't have a twitter account and was very skeptical. I had my girlfriend set me up an account, sent him at twitter at @ralphgilles and i got a response in 30mins, then the next day a call from a engineer, and now the engineer that designed the window, door frame, and rubber seal (channel track) will be do a video call with the dealership tech to fix this problem once and for all. Please give me a call if you also want to discuss what i was able to get for my trouble from the Chrysler customer advocacy group, 619.300.9032--Kris

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the beautiful new car. I have the same problem with my drivers side window, it goes up and down on its own and i have been dealing with the dealership on this for going on 5 weeks now. i will say this and please keep an open mind to my suggestion as i got an immediate response. Vipersmith started a thread suggesting that members with issues send Ralph a twitter if you want help and i didn't have a twitter account and was very skeptical. I had my girlfriend set me up an account, sent him at twitter at @ralphgilles and i got a response in 30mins, then the next day a call from a engineer, and now the engine that designed the window, door frame, and rubber seal (channel track) will be do a video call with the dealership tech to fix this problem once and for all. Please give me a call if you also want to discuss what i was able to get for my trouble from the Chrysler customer advocacy group, 619.300.9032--Kris

Kris--this is good to know. Thanks!

Bill

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the beautiful new car. I have the same problem with my drivers side window, it goes up and down on its own and i have been dealing with the dealership on this for going on 5 weeks now. i will say this and please keep an open mind to my suggestion as i got an immediate response. Vipersmith started a thread suggesting that members with issues send Ralph a twitter if you want help and i didn't have a twitter account and was very skeptical. I had my girlfriend set me up an account, sent him at twitter at @ralphgilles and i got a response in 30mins, then the next day a call from a engineer, and now the engineer that designed the window, door frame, and rubber seal (channel track) will be do a video call with the dealership tech to fix this problem once and for all. Please give me a call if you also want to discuss what i was able to get for my trouble from the Chrysler customer advocacy group, 619.300.9032--Kris

I am glad my suggestion helped someone!

Do you see this when you hit the "auto" window up? I noticed when I have the window down, hit "auto up" it will go all the way up then half way down. If I pull the window switch (not enough to hit the "auto up") to pull the window up - it will go all the way up and stay.

I've also noticed occasionally when the "door open" opens the window a smidge, it doesn't always go back up (I'd say every 20th time I see it happening)

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am glad my suggestion helped someone!

Do you see this when you hit the "auto" window up? I noticed when I have the window down, hit "auto up" it will go all the way up then half way down. If I pull the window switch (not enough to hit the "auto up") to pull the window up - it will go all the way up and stay.

I've also noticed occasionally when the "door open" opens the window a smidge, it doesn't always go back up (I'd say every 20th time I see it happening)

mine had an obvious issue. the channel run (rubber seal that outlines the inner window) had a knot in it which made the window think that something was in the way. also my window was chipping because it wasn't sealing properly due to the channel run issue. the dealership replaced the channel run, window, and regulator but realized the aluminum pieces in the window frame that holds the channel run was also bent so the fix was all for nothing as the channel run is ruined and window is again chipped. so this tuesday i am dropping the car off again and they are replacing the channel run, window, window straps, and aluminum frame while on a call with the engineer who designed the door. this should fix it and i want to personally thank you Vipersmith for your suggestion, i was beating my head against the wall thinking this was going tobe an on going issue but after sending the twitter the right people were involved immediately.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine had an obvious issue. the channel run (rubber seal that outlines the inner window) had a knot in it which made the window think that something was in the way. also my window was chipping because it wasn't sealing properly due to the channel run issue. the dealership replaced the channel run, window, and regulator but realized the aluminum pieces in the window frame that holds the channel run was also bent so the fix was all for nothing as the channel run is ruined and window is again chipped. so this tuesday i am dropping the car off again and they are replacing the channel run, window, window straps, and aluminum frame while on a call with the engineer who designed the door. this should fix it and i want to personally thank you Vipersmith for your suggestion, i was beating my head against the wall thinking this was going tobe an on going issue but after sending the twitter the right people were involved immediately.

Glad I could help! It is great Ralph is so accessible and responsive.

Hope your issue gets sorted for good!

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad I could help! It is great Ralph is so accessible and responsive.

Hope your issue gets sorted for good!

Now I am 100% confident this will be squared away. Once this is fixed I plan on adding to your thread so any of the naysayers can see your suggestion works

OP
OP
N

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you all again for the compliments.

Kris- Thanks for the info. I will call you this afternoon when I get on the road.
Speaking of this window issue.....my driver side did this at the dealership when i was leaving. I thought the door had not shut all the way. I reopened and shut again. Clicked up and moved about a 1/4 inch.

There will be bugs. I just hope we all work together with SRT and get it all taken care of.

I will create a twitter account this afternoon.

I was awaken this morning to a "Chrysler" # on my cell around 8am. I couldn't wake up fast enough and let it go to VM. Mike McDonald from Chrysler HQ was calling in reference to the work performed yesterday. He apologized for the inconvenience and wanted to give me his cell# just in case anything else happens to the car; to please notify him also. He has checked with the dealership and they closed the ticket.

Kinda neat how "word travels fast" LOL

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, when you open the door it will move down about 1/4 an inch and when closed it goes up about 1/4 an inch.

randomly i've noticed it doesn't return, but it is terribly infrequent.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on a fantastic looking combo! though that door thing should have not passed inspection! it's silly but can be an easy fix hopefully :) enjoy.

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on a happy day! My closest dealer has a GTS with the same paint job. They even let me sit in it and the seats were just exactly right for me.

Congrats! Please post your thoughts on the C6 Vs. the Viper, after you've had some time to evaluate. Although do do at your own risk, lots of passionate Viper owners here, lol.

Yes please. I have 58,000 miles on my C6 base coupe and can't believe I get to drive such a great car anytime I want to. But I'm sure a Viper would be a whole other world.

I've run a ZR1 at Spring Mountain, a phenomenal track car. In October, I will be returning to Ron Fellows school for another class. I will be tracking my Viper each evening after running Corvettes during the day. It should be very interesting to compare them back to back. With any luck, the school will also have some C7's by then.
Ron Fellows posted at CF that they'll be among the first to take delivery, probably by the end of August, so most likely your wish will come true.