What am I missing?

callred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 ACR

Changing front break pads over to EBC greens, what is this cable coming out of the pads for?

9351brake2-med.jpg

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those pads fit more than just the Viper. Snip them off at the pad and install. Those are exactly like the ones I just put on, no worries. :2tu:

Oh, the cable is to inform the driver that it is time to replace the pads.

Also, after you bed the brakes remove the wheels and clean up the insides. That break in coating ready does a good job and you will find metal particles covering everything. :)

OP
OP
C

callred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those pads fit more than just the Viper. Snip them off at the pad and install. Those are exactly like the ones I just put on, no worries. :2tu:

Oh, the cable is to inform the driver that it is time to replace the pads.

Also, after you bed the brakes remove the wheels and clean up the insides. That break in coating ready does a good job and you will find metal particles covering everything. :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :2tu:

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT GREAT INFO. IM PUTTING EBC ON MINE TOO PTRETTY SOON. HERES ANOTHER QUESTION WHAT IS BEDDING THE BREAKS AND HOW D YOU DO IT PROPERLY? ANY TIPS???????

OP
OP
C

callred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT GREAT INFO. IM PUTTING EBC ON MINE TOO PTRETTY SOON. HERES ANOTHER QUESTION WHAT IS BEDDING THE BREAKS AND HOW D YOU DO IT PROPERLY? ANY TIPS???????

Drive the vehicle carefully and with caution for the first few miles after brake replacement and on a legal low traffic road accelerate to 40 mph and gently bring vehicle to a rest.

Repeat this procedure five times at one minute intervals applying gradually increasing brake pedal pressure.

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also want to order EBC Green Pads. Do they last about as long as the stock pads, and who has the best prices for all 4 corners. Thanks

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When switching over to the EBC Greens, make sure that you clean the rotors up good with a 3M or similar brake disc cleaning pad to remove any previous pad material that may be on the rotor.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also want to order EBC Green Pads. Do they last about as long as the stock pads, and who has the best prices for all 4 corners. Thanks

I had them on my car for about 2 years now and they have atleast half their life left. I would guess that they would wear out faster than stock, but they seem to hold up well. You'll notice they don't stop as fast as the stock ones, but you'll spend less time cleaning off the break dust every time you take your car out ;)

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think u should use RBC red for the front and green in the back. car is front end heavy. plus i believe 65 percent + braking is in the front pads.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you're not tracking or doing any serious the greens will hold up fine. Like any race pad the reds will need to warm up a bit before biting - something you don't want in a street car. The only street cars I'd put reds on would be heavy vehicles like excursions, suburbans or 3/4 ton trucks - the weight heats the pads up quick enough to exploit the compound.

I've personally never noticed the "weaker" breaking in the EBCs, but I won't deny it doen't exisit. If you're like me and 99% of your driving is below 110mph you should be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang