What are you expecting to see tonight in the "teaser" pic?

c65491

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im sure i got the venom membership in june, doesnt it last a year? now i have to buy it again :( weird

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I wish they would have showed more, but for now here is my wild guess... Time for Photoshop experts to do a rendering :)

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it could be even more curvy and smooth than the early cars... 3 months and counting:eater:

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much what I expected. A teaser. Lol

Looks good. Hope the rest of the car continues the same direction as these changes are from the car we saw in SLC. :yay:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks very promising, very much like the Volado concept that I always thought was the Gen 5 hiding in plain sight. Hope the rest of the car has GTS DNA as well.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, the question is, does this remind you of what you saw at VOI last year?

Roof line that looks like an edged version of the gen 2 double bubble + NACA duct were indeed present 2 years ago , yup it is already that long ago... LED strips moved from the foglight areas in vertical form to horizontal in the headlight assembly, hood bulge I remember also (really curious what they will come up with in the fogligh area, hopefully the tradional round units and not the new age stuff.
And sorry Ralph but I really hope the Team will have ditched the Ferrari F50 style hood ducts for an evolved version of the gen 4 ducts :eater:

Headlights on the concept looked like Ford 500/ME 4-12 concept, what we have seen on the mules and in this teaser looks WAY better save for the led strips (they just do not belong on a Viper but maybe I can grow to live with them).

Overall what we have been presented with so far looks very, very good (mule pics and this teaser).. I have no doubt the gen 5 will be what we are all hoping for :headbang:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof line that looks like an edged version of the gen 2 double bubble

I LIKE THAT. Really cant wait to see it in person now.

Only prob is that now i have an expectation.... I would have prefered to just see her at once when revealed.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people hate LED strips on cars? Especially if they're lighter, brighter, and more efficient than the ones they replace? I bet things like doors and pneumatic tires were things once thought of as a fad....

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LED rear lights on the new charger are a Fail IMO as well as some others i have talked about it with. The idea & design is awesome but the followthrough and finish was a fail because they are too bright. Annoying & gawdy:crazy2: Turn em down a bit and it would look much nicer/classier and pay more Respect to the original artist of the charger rather then just biting off his genius design to make somethng look catchy.

Im surprised this even passed DOT approval as i thought there was a maximum about of lumins allowed to come from the rear of a vehicle with lights on as well as a higher value for braking.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can easily explain why LEDs don't belong on the Viper. The LED strip is a fad. It's no different than the fender gills/vents that every manufacturer added. For the past few years LED light strips have been the new hoola hoop. The entire premise of the Viper is about being raw and NOT conforming. The Viper was always in it's own class altogether. It never has really had competition. I don't even consider the Vette competition. The Viper is not a "Me Too". It doesn't jump on the bandwagon and do what's cool at the time like sheep. It dances to the beat of its own drum. Adding LEDs and other things that are popular right now goes completely against what the Viper is all about. I'd rather be a big fish in a small pond, than just another fish in a big pond.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is partly true BigDawg, but the reality is that LED's are more cost effective and longer lasting than their bulb equivalent. This is technology, not a fad. The led's allow for automotive designers to achieve more artistic/complex/precise designs of lighting systems. Some will do it with good taste & class while others will do it beacuse the marketing department tells them to make something gawdy/trendy that they can sell to the sheep.

That is the diff:)

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is partly true BigDawg, but the reality is that LED's are more cost effective and longer lasting than their bulb equivalent. This is technology, not a fad. The led's allow for automotive designers to achieve more artistic/complex/precise designs of lighting systems. Some will do it with good taste & class while others will do it beacuse the marketing department tells them to make something gawdy/trendy that they can sell to the sheep.

That is the diff:)

I should have specified. I only mean the light strip fad like Audi and Porsche started. It is very much a fad. Audi even had a whole marketing campaign about having the "coolest lights in the neighborhood". Now I also agree with what you said about efficiency. LED tail lights or side markers...no problem. Not a fad. The strips in the front however....Hell, almost ever mid model refresh of Euro and *** cars added the light strips. THe technology has been around. They did it because it's popular and helps sell cars.

Regardless, I can't fricken wait to see the rest of the gen V Viper!!!!!

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I wish they would have showed more, but for now here is my wild guess... Time for Photoshop experts to do a rendering :)

That looks like a wide body. IMO if SRT wants to knock the socks off the competition the ACR will be 3-4" wider and resemble a road legal GT3 car. I bet they could easily get $140k + if they did it right and the performance backs it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456