What Do I NEED to do if i want a 2008 Red Coupe w/White Stripes

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I missed out on getting an 02 FE & lollygagged on getting the 06 red white VCA coupe. I used to have an 03 & now i have a yellow 05 srt10 that i am selling next week.
Is the red/white color combo going to be raffled off to vca members only as the 06's originally were? If so, will they be in a limited #?
Or will i be able to go to my dlr & order a red/white?

I'm NOT messing this up again. :eek:
No, I am NOT a vca member, but i should be. But i don't even know how to do that. If i need to be a vca member, how do i do that, b/c i'll do it in a heartbeat? i'm setting all my $$$ aside from selling this yellow monster to get an 08 red/white.

thank you very much.
ps. 600HP baby!

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumor has it that there will not be a white stripe option for red cars. You can always stripe a solid red car though.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty certain that there will not be a red and white in 08, you will probably have to stripe a red car (as vipernate said)if that is what you are really after...of course you could always buy my VCA Red and White with 1000 miles on it, and I will camp out on Bill Pembertons porch until he gets me an 08. (Bill, Black with Red Stripes will do...just to be different)

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just buy a red coupe and put white stripes on it. They will look better anyways than how they come from the factory.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed out on getting an 02 FE & lollygagged on getting the 06 red white VCA coupe. I used to have an 03 & now i have a yellow 05 srt10 that i am selling next week.
Is the red/white color combo going to be raffled off to vca members only as the 06's originally were? If so, will they be in a limited #?
Or will i be able to go to my dlr & order a red/white?

I'm NOT messing this up again. :eek:
No, I am NOT a vca member, but i should be. But i don't even know how to do that. If i need to be a vca member, how do i do that, b/c i'll do it in a heartbeat? i'm setting all my $$$ aside from selling this yellow monster to get an 08 red/white.

thank you very much.
ps. 600HP baby!

If you want to be a vca member go to the membership area on this website, download the application . Fill it out and send it in :2tu:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can have a Prefix/Arrow Viper done and have one like no else in the world Red/White stipes and even more hp could be had(one of one). red/white stipes and ostrich interior.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the dodge Website is says red with while strips will be avalible in 2008.

You must be registered for see images

I dont think they would advertise the new viper in only red w/ white if it wasnt avalible. If worst comes to worst and its not avalible, how much would 2 strips cost to have painted on?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT10 Coupe (08, 09, or whatever) will NOT be available in Viper Red with white stripes or Viper Blue with white stripes. Not conjecture - <u>fact</u>. This straight from Dodge and SRT, based on requests from the folks that bought the First Edition Coupes and VCA Edition Coupes. It may be an option on the Roadsters, but that's it. Should the Viper body style ever change, then all bets are off. Not unlike the Final Edition GTS and the SRT10 VCA Coupe - same colors but different styles.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but this is a pretty stupid decision by dodge...Advertise the new viper all over in red w/ white and then not offer it in that color. Its like Ferrari not offering red on all new models..lol

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad marketing and PR to show a car at almost all the major auto shows and then not have it be available in that color!

Like i mentioned above i am guessing if you really want one through DCX channels you can do the Prefix/Arrow 1 of 1 program, and end up with an even more rare factory snake.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad marketing and PR to show a car at almost all the major auto shows and then not have it be available in that color!

Like i mentioned above i am guessing if you really want one through DCX channels you can do the Prefix/Arrow 1 of 1 program, and end up with an even more rare factory snake.

I also feel it was a stupid marketing decision, and will probably handle things through Prefix. I think the solid red will not have the black rear diffuser, and that will need to be changed at the same time, to suit my taste. With all the rumors about the future of DCX, I just hope the car gets built.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, go to membership section, fill in the form and send it in with the payment.
Then, go buy a Red 06 Viper cheap.
Put on white stripes.
Change the tires and wheels. You may go with the 08 Viper style wheels or others but definitely ditch the stock tires.
Install a Paxton kit, headers, RT cats (or no cats depending on regulations where you live) and a good flowing exhaust.
Replace the stock hood with the 08 hood when it comes out.

There you go, now you have an 08 Viper with 150 HP extra to spare. And you saved yourself $20 k. :2tu: :2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the dodge website is horrible, about a couple months ago it had the srt-10 coupe available in silver :rolleyes:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but this is a pretty stupid decision by dodge...Advertise the new viper all over in red w/ white and then not offer it in that color. Its like Ferrari not offering red on all new models..lol
Andrew, I see you are new to these forums and apparently not a Viper owner either (although you seem to have hooked up with Albert Fattal, which is a good thing). So with all due respect, let me tell you the reasoning for this move by Dodge:

Starting in 2002 with the "Final Edition" Vipers, Chrysler saw an opportunity to move additional product by producing documented "Limited Edition" vehicles with a defined number of cars produced. The GT-2 of 1998 sold out almost instantly with 100 cars made. I suspect you already knew that, given the "GTSR" in your forum ID. They repeated this marketing tactic with cars such as the Silver Mamba, Black Mamba, etc. They also sold a bit more briskly than "standard" models due to the documented "limited" nature of their production. And always at a premium - these limited edition cars usually had a sticker price of $4,000 - $7,000 more than their "regular" counterparts.

In 2004 they produced the first "VCA Edition" vehicles - the 2005 model year SRT10 Roadster. Limited to just 50 copies, this was the first yellow Viper in the SRT10 body style. Those 50 owners, including Yours Truly, were delighted with their purchases. Many were led to believe that yellow would not be produced again, at least not in that shade of yellow and certainly not as a 2005 model. Oops. Viper Race Yellow soon came out and many of the VCA Edition owners were pretty unhappy - despite the fact that it didn't have the black wheels or black hood stripe. Still adversely affected the value of the VCA Editions, no matter how small.

Fast forward to 2006 and two other Limited Edition Vipers: The First Edition in blue with white stripes and the VCA Edition in red with white stripes. Both were very limited in nature and both were sold out quickly. Wanting to avoid the discontent expressed with the yellow VCA Edition, SRT asked for our opinion on offering white stripes with the red or blue cars.

The national officers took that a step further and polled the board of directors and all of the regional presidents that were in Detroit this past January. Many of those presidents and directors own First Editions, VCA Editions, or the more recent VOI Limited Edition. And with the one exception of a gentleman who bashedly admitted he wanted an '08 in red with white stripes, the votes were unanimous: Protect the exclusivity promised when these Limited Editions were originally offered. SRT agreed and the rest is history.

Now as an outsider it may seem silly to lose potential sales. You probably wonder why Ferrari limited the beautiful Cornes Ferrari 612 to only 20 copies. It's called "reward": Ferrari rewards their loyal Japanese importer of 30 years, while SRT rewards Viper owners by keeping their Limited Editions, well, limited. Will it cost them a few sales? Possibly. But it will very likely increase sales from Viper owners that understand what it really means.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, I see you are new to these forums and apparently not a Viper owner either (although you seem to have hooked up with Albert Fattal, which is a good thing). So with all due respect, let me tell you the reasoning for this move by Dodge:

Starting in 2002 with the "Final Edition" Vipers, Chrysler saw an opportunity to move additional product by producing documented "Limited Edition" vehicles with a defined number of cars produced. The GT-2 of 1998 sold out almost instantly with 100 cars made. I suspect you already knew that, given the "GTSR" in your forum ID. They repeated this marketing tactic with cars such as the Silver Mamba, Black Mamba, etc. They also sold a bit more briskly than "standard" models due to the documented "limited" nature of their production. And always at a premium - these limited edition cars usually had a sticker price of $4,000 - $7,000 more than their "regular" counterparts.

In 2004 they produced the first "VCA Edition" vehicles - the 2005 model year SRT10 Roadster. Limited to just 50 copies, this was the first yellow Viper in the SRT10 body style. Those 50 owners, including Yours Truly, were delighted with their purchases. Many were led to believe that yellow would not be produced again, at least not in that shade of yellow and certainly not as a 2005 model. Oops. Viper Race Yellow soon came out and many of the VCA Edition owners were pretty unhappy - despite the fact that it didn't have the black wheels or black hood stripe. Still adversely affected the value of the VCA Editions, no matter how small.

Fast forward to 2006 and two other Limited Edition Vipers: The First Edition in blue with white stripes and the VCA Edition in red with white stripes. Both were very limited in nature and both were sold out quickly. Wanting to avoid the discontent expressed with the yellow VCA Edition, SRT asked for our opinion on offering white stripes with the red or blue cars.

The national officers took that a step further and polled the board of directors and all of the regional presidents that were in Detroit this past January. Many of those presidents and directors own First Editions, VCA Editions, or the more recent VOI Limited Edition. And with the one exception of a gentleman who bashedly admitted he wanted an '08 in red with white stripes, the votes were unanimous: Protect the exclusivity promised when these Limited Editions were originally offered. SRT agreed and the rest is history.

Now as an outsider it may seem silly to lose potential sales. You probably wonder why Ferrari limited the beautiful Cornes Ferrari 612 to only 20 copies. It's called "reward": Ferrari rewards their loyal Japanese importer of 30 years, while SRT rewards Viper owners by keeping their Limited Editions, well, limited. Will it cost them a few sales? Possibly. But it will very likely increase sales from Viper owners that understand what it really means.

Very well stated. In addition, if you look at the prices of the Final Edition 02 Red and White compared to the the other 02 cars, they are bringing a premium price and they made 360 of them! I for one am very happy with Dodge's decision and I will not be the least bit unhappy if they produce another red and white if and when they change the body style. If you want a car of a particular color, buy it when it is available, if not you have three choices, buy used, wait for the body change, create your own. :2tu:

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also agree. I own a gorgeous Blue/White Final Edition Coupe (#198). I paid a premium for it and do not want to see 20 more of them when Im out cruising around. I have yet to see another one cruising around on my journeys. If you want a particular "Special Edition" color. You should step up to the plate when they are available or try and find a used one. I thank Dodge for rewarding it's loyal customers who purchased "special" cars by not diluting their value. :2tu:

Flash

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also agree. I own a gorgeous Blue/White Final Edition Coupe (#198). I paid a premium for it and do not want to see 20 more of them when Im out cruising around. I have yet to see another one cruising around on my journeys. If you want a particular "Special Edition" color. You should step up to the plate when they are available or try and find a used one. I thank Dodge for rewarding it's loyal customers who purchased "special" cars by not diluting their value. :2tu:

Flash
Flash, I've got 12,500 miles on my coupe, and other than Las Vegas and Motor City events, I've only seen 2 other SRT Coupes on the road, no matter what the color.
I also own a gorgeous Blue/ White First Edition Coupe (#98). I didn't pay a premium for it---I bought it from John Gastman. I "stepped up to the plate", and I'm going to step up to the plate again, and buy Dodge's new Viper. I just think it's a stupid marketing decision to showplace the 600HP car in Red/White and then not sell it. And, Chris, no one ever asked my opinion about whether or not the Red/White or Blue/White should be offered.I should have had one of the 250 votes....

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Dodge's defense, they made the Auto Show coupe in red and white before there was even a mention of removing the two color options in question. Obviously their original plan was to keep B/W and R/W as choices, but the VCA and SRT later agreed that it was not fair to the "special edition" owners. It may be bad for marketing now, but this was not a planned move on Dodge's part.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think this was a really classy move on Dodges part. When they released a special edition they limited its availability. This is Dodges way of stepping up and supporting their loyal customers and in additon helping to keep the resale of their previous special editions high.

This is from a guy that would just love to buy a blue/white 08, but will probably settle for a blue/silver. (Can't believe I typed Viper and settle in the same sentence).

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also applaud them for listening to the membership (VCA presidents). Regardless of the topic, I respect them for respecting our elected officials requests.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad Dodge decided not to do red/white or blue/white. i was one of the owners of the Yellow VCA cars, and was ********** to say the least when Dodge produced yellow in the same year. It was like a slap in the face to the VCA and guys who steped up and bought one. Anyways I am glad that the VCA raised its concerns and that Dodge listened! Thank you Dodge and the VCA leadership.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really NEED a Red/White you could always order a red car and have the stripes added. Think you can have this done by Woodhouse even before deliver.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I would like some clarification on this issue. Is it your collective understanding that once you buy a "limited edition" car that the manufacturer will never again produce a car of that color? I don't agree with that. At most, a limited edition would be for that model year. As for 2002 Red with White stripes, that was a completely different model and should not come into play at all. If in a model year someone got a limited edition car with a badge on the car and someone else got a same color car with no badge, then there is a difference in the vehicles and the exclusivity is maintained.

Suppose that Dodge had information that Red with White would sell 500 units, and that could keep up production of the Viper for some time.....would your position change? To me, this smacks of protectionism from those who own the car and it is not in the best keeping of the spirit of the club which should help promote the car, not just the current owners of specific models. Dodge can sell cars, just not one that I own.

2008 is different than 2006 which is different than 2002. Dodge did a nice thing by asking if owners would be upset. While people are allowed to have their own view on it, (and I would not fault them for having a contrary view), I have to call them like I see them. Flame me if you must, but I respectfully disagree with those above.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang