What is top NA HP these days?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the car as well TRAPPED in the 135 range On the 9 second run THERE WAS NO FRONT SWAY BAR ,INTERIOR PIECES WERE OUT OF THE CAR AND IT HAD drag shocks installed go bs someone else.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well since I am the owner of the car in question (George Bryces old car) its a 1999 ACR with full interior, stock suspension and no kind of weight savings at all. It has the LPE 542 package on it. With slicks in this form straight from LPE it ran low 10's at 138 or so. George went through the engine himself and did a little more head work and changed the cam. The car in this config. ran 9.9X at 142 on pump gas with slicks. Through full exhaust and with a full interior. The car is a beast to say the least and it's very streetable. A/C blows ice cold and car behaves perfectly in traffic or on a long cruise. It will also burn the tires off at will in 4th at 90mph if you want it to. It's probably the cleanest example of a GTS I have ever seen with only 8,175 miles on it. The 5pt belts are still in the plastic from the factory.

On another note it will be for sale soon. I just haven't had time to take some nice pictures since the weather has been horrible here lately. So it's tucked away in the garage for now.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since I am the owner of the car in question (George Bryces old car) its a 1999 ACR with full interior, stock suspension and no kind of weight savings at all. It has the LPE 542 package on it. With slicks in this form straight from LPE it ran low 10's at 138 or so. George went through the engine himself and did a little more head work and changed the cam. The car in this config. ran 9.9X at 142 on pump gas with slicks. Through full exhaust and with a full interior. The car is a beast to say the least and it's very streetable. A/C blows ice cold and car behaves perfectly in traffic or on a long cruise. It will also burn the tires off at will in 4th at 90mph if you want it to. It's probably the cleanest example of a GTS I have ever seen with only 8,175 miles on it. The 5pt belts are still in the plastic from the factory.

On another note it will be for sale soon. I just haven't had time to take some nice pictures since the weather has been horrible here lately. So it's tucked away in the garage for now.

Awesome car!!!! There's NO denying yours is truly a street car and 9.9 @ 142 is FLYING. I wish I had room for it in my garage. :headbang:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1/4 mile time:9.9

Trap Speed: 142

Weight of vehicle with driver (pounds): 3500

Horsepower @ flywheel = 747.54 HP

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for giggles, whats that equate to with a good street tire ?

Define good street tire? Are you talking about a drag radial like a Nitto or some Mich Pilots? Not sure about the latter but a 10.1 or .2 should be possible with a decent drag radial. Regular radials are a bit tricky. Maybe a 10.8 or .9..LOL The power doesn't come on gradually like a centri blower car. I speak from experience when I say that because I have owned both. The power is there like a positive displacement blower car but doesn't let up until 6500 or so.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1/4 mile time:9.9

Trap Speed: 142

Weight of vehicle with driver (pounds): 3500

Horsepower @ flywheel = 747.54 HP

Well when it ran the 9 sec 1/4 miles it was at 680 RWHP. So that's kind of in line with your number depending on what driveline loss % you choose to use.

Leeland

Reaction score
Well when it ran the 9 sec 1/4 miles it was at 680 RWHP. So that's kind of in line with your number depending on what driveline loss % you choose to use.

Leeland

680's is what George told me it had when we spoke at Bradenton. I thought it ran over 140, but wasn't positive. Thanks for confirming that.

And congrats on the car. It is one of the most impressive Vipers around.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow, that is just badass bro..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

142 mph trap running thru exhaust on pump gas sway bars in tack IF SO thats definately the fastest true street Viper i have seen .Any mag articles ect on this car.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS let me know and i WILL GET IT MAG TESTESD ASAP BY Mopar perf illustrated as ANY NA PUMP GAS 9 SECOND STREET Viper WILL BE A COVER STORY.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS let me know and i WILL GET IT MAG TESTESD ASAP BY Mopar perf illustrated as ANY NA PUMP GAS 9 SECOND STREET Viper WILL BE A COVER STORY.

I don't need it mag tested. It was already in Car and Driver back in 01 (I think, I have the mag just not next to me) back when LPE built it. It was the first one they did. Nor do I need any extra proof. It's not like it was some sort of secret when this happened, lots of the original guys from this board and the other board where in attendance when this took place. And I wouldn't exactly call George Bryce a rookie driver...LOL

Leeland

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need it mag tested. It was already in Car and Driver back in 01 (I think, I have the mag just not next to me) back when LPE built it. It was the first one they did. Nor do I need any extra proof. It's not like it was some sort of secret when this happened, lots of the original guys from this board and the other board where in attendance when this took place. And I wouldn't exactly call George Bryce a rookie driver...LOL

Leeland
I was an origional guy and know the answers BEFORE i ask the questions the car ran 10.3 at 135 at LPE by the way.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always love how people think they know more about my stuff than I do. I really don't care what it ran back at LPE nor was that even the topic of conversation. Car makes more power now than it did back then plain and simple. Thanks for the concern.

Leeland

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS 2 and drag shocks were installed and LPD vht TO THE 60 FOOT MARK.BOY IT WENT FROM TRAPPING 135 AT lpe TO OVER 141

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i Always Love How People Think They Know More About My Stuff Than I Do. I Really Don't Care What It Ran Back At Lpe Nor Was That Even The Topic Of Conversation. Car Makes More Power Now Than It Did Back Then Plain And Simple. Thanks For The Concern.

Leeland
so It Will Trap 141 Now Ill Take That Bet.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me skeptical as i raced AGAINST every NA Viper out there (and won ) and never saw 1 run 140 plus thru the mufflers on pump gas full interior ect.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If u found the article please provide the info as I'd just love to read the write up. Impressive.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call me skeptical as i raced AGAINST every NA Viper out there (and won ) and never saw 1 run 140 plus thru the mufflers on pump gas full interior ect.

Well, that's gotta be the biggest load of BS I ever read. Next thing you'll be saying is how ever n/a viper came to the track where you raced, instead of racing at the tracks where they raced. Have you got any clue how many racetracks you're never raced at? - thousands. Ever been to DC Performance or raced ALL of their n/a Vipers? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that's gotta be the biggest load of BS I ever read. Next thing you'll be saying is how ever n/a viper came to the track where you raced, instead of racing at the tracks where they raced. Have you got any clue how many racetracks you're never raced at? - thousands. Ever been to DC Performance or raced ALL of their n/a Vipers? :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Hello TED DC PERF help sey MY MOTOR up.Research the ZONE EVENTS BEFORE you run your mouth.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You see Ted since your a newby in the 90s the VCA ran Zone events to see which Vipers were the fastest all over the US (over 100 Vipers perb location would show up to race )in all categorys