What pressure should I run at the track with my Nitto 345/25/20 ...going tomorrow ---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to the 1/4 mile drag strip tomorrow night.

Temps should be around 65 ... so it should be a good time.

What pressure should I run at the track with my Nitto Invo 345/25/20?

My car is dynoing at 425 rwhp 460 rwtq

Im thinking around 25-30lbs. MAX pressure is 55

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What pressure should I run at the track with my Nitto 345/25/20 ...going tomorrow

25 to 30 will be fine. I don't even bother adjusting the tire pressure on my pilot sports and still cut 1.9X 60's almost every pass.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What pressure should I run at the track with my Nitto 345/25/20 ...going tomorrow

OK, sounds good ... I just wanted to make sure I wasnt going TOO low either.

Im running 3.73's so launching is going to be questionable.

I usually dont burnout before I stage ... I believe on street tires it just makes them slicker ... what do you think? ---

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do a quick burnout to clear any rocks and whatnot off the tires and to put a little heat in them. I turn them over just until I see a touch of smoke. Usually a ~2sec burnout or so.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you sir, that makes sense :) ---

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nitto Invo's seem to hook up in a straight line amazingly well for a street tire. 28 psi cold, you will seem to be a monster.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would leave them at 32# cold.

(As you stack them in the pits because you just installed some drag radials......:rolaugh:)

Seriously though.... GOOD LUCK..!!!!

Nittos' have a good rep for straightline....

FWIW... Don't forget to drive around the water box. If you drive through it on street tires, the
grooves in the tread will hold water as you pull out of the box and up to the starting line. Not to mention it will soak your wheel wells at burnout.

This is not only a bad thing, but dangerous to you and other cars....

Let us know how you do....

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to drive 30 minutes to the track ... should I prep the tires to 28# before I leave ... it wont hurt anything to ride on them like that, right? I will air up before I head back home, but I want to make sure I do it cold since you guys are telling me so.

Just curious, when the tires warm, does the pressure go DOWN?

I got a LOT of smack talked to me at work ... my friend is meeting me down there in an 06' SRT 8 Charger with a procharger pushing 7# of boost. He is on stock size crappy brand tires and cant hook up for anything, but he supposedly has me by 100hp or more (and 1000lbs or more). A group of guys from work are showing up to watch too, HAHAH!!!

Just shift at REDLINE? Nothing to worry about because these engines are "overbuilt" right?

Ive only had the car for 4 months and havent done much WOT driving ... I'm looking forward to this.

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS !!! I will let you know how it goes when I get back tonight :) ---

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Have fun Nate! Try to get some video footage of ur runs!

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Derek ... hopefully SOMEONE takes vids ... getting a version may take awhile.

I will definately post pics of the timeslips :D

Leaving in the next hour or two !!! ---

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With Mickey Thompson drag radials, the fast cars are run 12-16 psi. This tire has a different profile and I am not sure you defined it as a DR.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I drove my 94' to the track at 28psi cold with my PS2's. There's little difference on the road, but a couple tenths off the quarter. It looks like the Invo is an Ultra High Performance tire and not a DR so I would say 28 would be good.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, sorry its a street tire, I forgot Nitto also made a DR.

The car drove great there and back at 30 ... Im sure 28 would be the ticket.

Do tire pressures go DOWN when warm?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte