what the F happened now?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i get home from work, grab the keys to the viper, start it up and the first thing i noticed is there is a strong scent of gas....

..okay weird...

...i put it in first, pull out the drive way and the car is struggling to stay on, first gear felt as if i was trying to launch in 6th gear. I make sure its in first gear, it is, the car is bogging.. 2 blocks down the road the check engine light turns on.

***??!??!

i call up my buddy, he comes over with his ODO computer thing, plugs it in and tells me my o2 sensor went out??

also says he hears a nosie coming from my drive shaft? which could explain why the car feels drastically slower.

tomorrow im dropping it off with maark at the dealer. hopefully mark takes care of the issues. (Doug Levin had taken out two of the cats, im hoping he dosn't give me issues because of that).

Info to add to this.

Car is a 2006, 17,000 miles.

He also noticed to it that it seemed like the car was running too hott, something like 220?.

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: what happened now?

Is this an 08-09? If so, verrry-trigger happy on codes, esp 2008.

You have 'earned' a dose of Limp-Home-Mode. MILES ON CAR?

Drive-shaft clunk is normal when lugging.

OR it could be the VCA Software Worm has engaged.... you are not a member?!?

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: what happened now?

Is this an 08-09? If so, verrry-trigger happy on codes, esp 2008.

You have 'earned' a dose of Limp-Home-Mode. MILES ON CAR?

Drive-shaft clunk is normal when lugging.

OR it could be the VCA Software Worm has engaged.... you are not a member?!?

17,000 miles.

im about to drive this car into a wall at full speed.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You need to give more history and what is done to the car to sort this one out. It very well could simply be a bad sensor or bad sensor wiring [hell, just happened to me!], but there may be another cause or helping factor as well.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The cats could have given up and plugged causing all these symptoms...

Assuming you dod not wall-it......

If Mark is correct that the cats are plugged, please remember that SOMETHING plugged them! They are passive units and get plugged only by incomplete combustion. They rarely self-destruct unless damaged by impact. The same something that ate your oxy sensors and threw a code would have also have killed the cats and your power.

DanL is correct if you are modded, we need to know the car's pedigree ...

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after my buddy plugged his computer onto the car, and he accidentally reset the code, i drove it about an hour away to the dealer and now the dealer says its not giving any problems, turning on and running fine and the check engine light hasn't came back on.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i get home from work, grab the keys to the viper, start it up and the first thing i noticed is there is a strong scent of gas....

..okay weird...

...i put it in first, pull out the drive way and the car is struggling to stay on, first gear felt as if i was trying to launch in 6th gear. I make sure its in first gear, it is, the car is bogging.. 2 blocks down the road the check engine light turns on.

***??!??!

i call up my buddy, he comes over with his ODO computer thing, plugs it in and tells me my o2 sensor went out??

also says he hears a nosie coming from my drive shaft? which could explain why the car feels drastically slower.

tomorrow im dropping it off with maark at the dealer. hopefully mark takes care of the issues. (Doug Levin had taken out two of the cats, im hoping he dosn't give me issues because of that).

Info to add to this.

Car is a 2006, 17,000 miles.

He also noticed to it that it seemed like the car was running too hott, something like 220?.

You got to 220 in 2 blocks???

spotter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An easy way to check if a cat has gone bad is to stick your hand by the exhaust tip and make sure it is flowing correctly. This way you can try to rule out the cats being an issue.

Hope your luck gets better.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Turn the ignition three times and it will give you a code. Probably a P0152: Sensor Shorted to Voltage . Mine is doing the same thing as we speak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang