What Would you do 1st????????

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok well just wondering what would be the first thing you would do to a 03 stock vert? (Apperence or Mod.) I was thinking of an exhaust or new Wheels but input will help me decide..

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to say I like the exhaust idea. You really get three for the price of one. You get a performance mod. which not only increases your thrill level, but adds to the sound of the car which attracts more attention as well. Whatever you do enjoy.

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long have you owned the 03 ? The question is do you want to look better or go faster ? It's up to you. :D

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd probably do exhaust and then some subtle appearance mods... that's what im in the process of doing on my GTS. Corsa exhaust, then MGW Gascap, cupholder thing, floormats etc... You can do a lot of nice things for cheap.

Then wheels and tires are next...

Then S/C and other performance upgrades...

Just me though...

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's what u need
corsa, hf cats, k&n ..THEN the dc performance tune.. u will have a higher hp car, cooler and better running

next throw out the boat anchor 10 spoke rims.. i'd pick up some used h rims.. i've seen em as low as 2800., 5 spokes are nice as well and slap some PS2s on them - major improvement

add the mgw shifter

clear bra

consider changing to lighter rotors , either drilled or slotted and add hawk ceramic pads

change manual transmission fluid to royal purple,autolite spark plugs

then u can have an o3 that looks like this

491.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dc performance tune?? I have to say H wheels are my flavorite:) how bout more picks of that car.. Does the K&N intake fit in the air box or stand alone? (pics) if you got'm.. What is the favorite exhaust? I like it loud

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call partsrack on monday ,he can set u up with the corsa and the random tech cats....they come separate

Exhaust sound is a very personal thing so this set up may not be loud enough for you .....only way is to know for sure is listen to other peoples vipers.... if u want louder then u have to delete the cats and/or add headers... i have no experience with headers on a generation 3 but i've heard they can be headache without a great hp gain....

the dcperformance tune will improve u're car based on the mods u have ,, just call them or do a search on this forum
DC Performance: Proven Performance

u can see a pic of the k&n at partsrack.com,it fits in the standard airbox, there was a recent thread on hp gains on all the aftermarket filter gains on generation 3

Last edited:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Id go with a Corsa, it was my first mod. I figured a car this cool needs to sound good too. Stock sound just didnt have enough bark. Once you start getting into other mods, they domino effect into spending alot more money. If you do wheels, then you will want to lower it, etc , etc.

And as far as getting H-rims or 5 spokes. They are about as heavy as your 10 spokes. Not a huge weight savings. If you want weight savings get SSR's or the Sidewinder wheel which is the only factory wheel that will get you substantial weight saving.

Just decide what all you want to do to car and how much you want to spend. I thought just exhaust would be enough. Now after spending $30k in mods in last year, I still have a few other mods to do. Its addicting. :D

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can tell you from first hand experience that headers make a difference (Gen 3, Comm. Edition) in not only sound quality, but performance. On the dyno, after Belanger headers, and full exhast gained 47 hp. They were a piece of cake to install (on a two post lift with a good friend helping who had done a few sets, did the job from start to finish in 4hrs!).......along with the Paxton and 3:55's the car is a monster.......I vote for the exhaust 1st.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First: exhaust to get rid of the pipes and related heat behind your back.

Second: MGW - jewelry for your Viper and nobody does it better.

Third: change the gears so you can really feel the power.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get Corsa Track Exhaust with High flow cats. Than I would throw Nitrous on it. Than I would get the 2008 Hood, and then wheels last. That is what I am doing but in a bit different order. I did Nitrous first, than the Corsa Exhaust, and now the Hood. Then will come the Wheels. Probably gunmetal Forgeline's.

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 1st mod WAS the Corsa track exhaust (done last week) and it sounds SO MUCH better than that 'lispeling-daffy-duck-stock-exhaust' :D

2nd was replacing the air filters with the ones from Roe-Racing :2tu:

3rd (and newest) mod was tinting the headlights :drive:

Hope to do the gears at some point in the near future and maybe powder coating the wheels ........... (where will it all end ?! :omg:)

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the best thing for you to do is get a ClearMask on the car first to kep it looking new. Get used to the car and get some miles on it. The car has plenty of power for now and you dont need to go out and get NOS or a superchager because you need to learn how to control what you already have. Once you get comfortable with it, add some minor mods... intake, exhaust, and so on. I had my 04 for a year before I did anything to it. Once I felt better about handling the power of the car I then went out and got a Corsa and fell in love with it all over again. The sound was amazing and it made a huge difference getting rid of the heat in the car.

Start small and work your way up. Jumping the car into the 6-700+ hp range right off the bat is only spelling a recipe for disaster.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised nobody said Paxton, this should be Mod 1

Wouldn't the paxton be considered a major mod. Seems like alot of Viper owners start out with the air filters/intake, DC tune with lower thermostat. An exhaust mod. Then move on to the quaife (correct spelling??) rear with different gears.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960