Whats the prized jewel of your collection?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's favorite model that they own is. Feel free to list any stats about it. Where you bought it, how much you paid, how long it took you to find, etc. Here's mine, a 1:18 McViper made by Bburago. The only company to make 1:18 McVipers that I know of (sorry for the bad pic):

You must be registered for see images attach

Stats: Bought it off Ebay. Think I paid around $75-80 shipped for it. Took me almost a year to find (started looking once I bought the 1:1 McViper). I had found others on websites, but the owners never wanted to sell them. I didn't get the box with it, but it stays in a clear model car case anyway to keep dust off of it.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most prized one in mine would have to be an AutoArt GTS-R, a #94 Exxon car that I bought for dirt cheap on Ebay with a missing headlight glass and a slight defect in a decal on the spoiler. It is currently headed it's way to JonB at PartsRack to be signed by Tommy Archer who drove the real thing.
Second, a yellow Anson 1:12 RT/10. The same day that I got my first ever Viper ride I saw one in the office of the owner and had to have one ever since because it looked WAY better than the tiny 1:18s. About a year later I bought one from a Dutch auction website.
Third would be the duo of 1:43 GTS's, one of which still the way it came with the diorama display, one was recently repainted by a local bodyshop in actual Viper Race Yellow and currently has my scratchbuilt Roe supercharger on it.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a toughie for me.

Maybe the RG-ART or RG-EGYPT (2 in the middle), or the RG-7-CST (far right).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite is a gift from Mike: 1/18 burago Blue/White '96 GTS Coupe~! Stays in its original box. We also have a BLACK SRT convertible (2nd fave!)...and a blue w/white 2008/H-spoke wheels (couldn't find a blue w/silver striped vert). Sentimentally? The gift from Mike of course...the LOOK of the model? THE BLACK SRT! ~juli
Good thread Chad! AND nice stories from all so far (VERY funny Kev!!!)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chad, just picked up a 1:24 McViper the other day off Ebay. Never seen a 1:18, but I bough mine to convert (as close as I can) to be my '98 RT...so off come the yellow wheels and McViper markings on side of hood. Mushing together three different RT's to make my one.

Peter

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like ALL my dicasts. But I especially like this one. And my T. Archer racing suits are my top knotch items.
You must be registered for see images

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like ALL my dicasts. But I especially like this one. And my T. Archer racing suits are my top knotch items.

Speaking of which, anyone know where the Le Mans winning racing suits went? I imagine they cost a small fortune..

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite is my 82 Neil Peart 14 piece CAR Tama Superstar kit:

Along with my mint Rogers Dynasonice snare:

And, my prize mint 1959 Slingerland Radio King snare:

Peter

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speaking of which, anyone know where the Le Mans winning racing suits went? I imagine they cost a small fortune..
This is one of them I have. The other is the one Bob Woodhouse was selling at VOI10.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Nissan R34 GTR from the Japan Gran Touring Championship, and got this highly detailed autoart model...i loooovveee it. Im getting the 2008 Viper model soon so that may beat it im not sure

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I had three of Olivier Beretta:

One went to K.W. in OK

One went to S.K. in UK

One is here somewhere with the OBs helmet, bag, and spare face shield...

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure it is my PRIZED jewel, but I have to respect it as it was the one that started it all:D. My 1992 Bburago that dad gave me. Little did I (or dad for that matter) know what that model was starting......

Probably my most prised, the 1996 dealer promos of the black, white and McViper 3 pack set.

Chad - Nice score on the 1:18 McViper! I can't say I have EVER seen one of those in all of my travels. Nice shnag!:2tu:

Robert

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I had just purchased my 05 SRT-10 in July and found out about this HUGE Mopar gathering (Mopar Nationals 2006) here in Columbus the 2nd weekend in August. Cool!

I hopped on a (once popular) Viper truck forum and found out the plans for the weekend and decided to join the other owners attending.

On Thursday night, I met up with Mike (pharmacist), Dave (retired LEO), Dave's mom (just plain retired), and Phil (computer guy) at a restaurant south of town. Michael was going to stay in our guest bedroom for the weekend and spend his hotel budget on...ahhhh...ummm...."adult entertainment". :) Fine by me!

Dinner was cool and the guys were all very nice, with a wide variety of backgrounds. Michael and I spend a few hours here cleaning the trucks then sack out (different rooms, pervs) for the night.

The following day we hop in our trucks (he's got a black QC) and make the 20 minute drive from my house out to National Trails Raceway via the back roads. We get to the FAR gate (Gate H), pick up our tickets, and begin our drive toward the tents the website had organized to get setup. With over 100,000 people there, it's kind of congested. LOL

As we're idling through the throngs of people, we spot a guy on one of those motorized scooters. It's Phil! He pulls up next to my window and says, "Hey! Follow me and I'll show you where the tent is.". Phil had apparently gotten to the raceway at 7AM, extremely excited to hang with all the other owners and get a few runs down the track. His hotel-mate for the weekend, Dave W., was a little bummed when Phil's alarm went off at 5:30AM after an extremely late night of detailing and tuning trucks for the next day's show and race events.

Michael recognizes him as well, and now we have a little ******. No sirens, but....it worked. We find the tent area- right next door to the VCA- and there are already 6 trucks there! This was going to be a great show. Phil turned around and scooted back toward the gates to corral other SRT-10 owners and guide them through the enormous crowd.
We park and get out to greet everyone. Very nice folks and some fantastic trucks.

About 60 seconds later, Dave W. (pilot) comes running toward the tents. "PHIL'S BEEN HURT! BADLY! KEN- WE NEED YOU!!!" Ken is an EMT and one of those guys that exudes what the LAPD calls 'Command Presence'. It's just his nature. A clan of about 8 of us run full speed through the grass and up towards the track's staging lanes.

There's Phil.
He's crashed his scooter.
Badly.
He's laying on his back on the ground.
Unconscious.
There is a pool of blood from his head the size of a beach towel.
And it's getting larger.
Quickly.

Ken immediately takes control of the situation; everyone else was just standing around staring in shock. Our group was trying to keep people clear as that's about all we can do. The track EMT's showed up real quick and Ken handed off duties to them. It all happened in a flash; probably less than 2 minutes total.

The EMT's brought track security with them, so our 'circle' wasn't needed anymore and we all waited for any information as Phil was strapped into the stretcher and loaded into the ambulance.

The walk back to the grassy area ("The Snake Pit") was quite somber, with dozens of questions being tossed out there. Again, Ken took control of the situation and got the local sheriff on the phone and tried to contact any of Phil's family. He really did a great job. More SRT-10 folks show up during the remainder of the day, and we all inform them of Phil's injury and await any status information via Ken. It's an okay day, but we're all wondering about Phil and his condition.

At the end of the day, Phil's truck was still there and no keys to be found. Aww...crap. The track officials say it will be okay to leave the truck there overnight as Ken tries to get in touch with someone who's got spare keys. That's been the one piece of good news all day. (Phil's brother showed up on Sunday and picked up the truck)

We find out later what exactly happened: Phil was coming back toward the Snake Pit and a lady was walking in the opposite direction. She zigged, and Phil zigged the same way she went. Then she zagged, and Phil zagged again. She zigged again and when Phil tried to re-correct, the scooter's front wheel got caught and Phil went down, head first.
Crazily enough, she wanted to press charges against Phil for her injuries (scrapped knee)....even after she saw him laying unconscious in a literal pool of his own blood. *****.

Phil's accident is the talk all that night, and the cruises are over-shadowed by thoughts of the day.

Saturday morning Michael and I return to the track. We learn from Ken that Phil is in a coma.
He was flight-for-life'd from the track to Grant Memorial Hospital in downtown Columbus.
Holy crap!

The folks at our tent knew that I was local, so they asked me if I could check on Phil sometime next week and post an update on the forum for everyone.

"an update" turned into stopping by the hospital once a week for 8 months to check on Phil.

He eventually came out of his coma and began the LONG road to recovery. He had some pretty serious head trauma, and the doctors (he had about 8) were worried about brain damage.

Over the months I got to meet Phil's mom, his brother & sister-in-law, and his son. They were all very nice folks (I've gotten X-mas cards from Phil's mom the last 2 years!) and were grateful that one of his "truck friends" came by to see him regularly. They all live in Indy and with work and everything else, it was tough for them to travel...but they did, and usually spent several days at a time with Phil.

I stopped by and visited with him for about 15-20 minutes each time. The doctors let me stay longer when he was still in the coma, but as he became conscious and breathing on his own again, they shoo'd me out a bunch of times.

I asked one of the nurses, "What do you say to a guy in a coma?" She said, "Just pretend he's a very good listener." Easier said than done.
I pretty much just talked to him about how hot his nurses were and if he didn't wake up, he'd REALLY miss out. :)

As time rolled on, Phil regained most of his brain-power back. There were still somethings that were fuzzy to him, but with some help he'd be right back in it. He had trouble with names, but if you gave him the first letter, he'd whip out the name immediately. I thought of it kinda like a quiz show....where Phil was testing MY memory!

Eventually, he was well enough to be discharged from Grant Hospital and head home where he could take care of himself, and have a nurse and his mom come by each day to check on him.
Last I heard, Phil was working again but was still having tiny problems with names. The docs said that they're not sure if he'll ever be 100% again, but the human body does amazing things. From my short time with Phil, I'd say he was at about 90% when he left the hospital.
I can only hope that he's improved since.

As he was checking out of his room, his mom handed me a wrapped package. She said, "This is from Phil, a way to say thanks." Phil said, "Come on! Open it!"

Here's what was inside:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 637 of them. But you asked for a favorite. My Cartoon Network & Tabasco collection. All the C'Net cars in Elite.

Smokin' Joe's. Including the coveted 1995 clear window, and a 1997 autographed Revell.

Did someone say Jr? Elites back to his rookie season.

1/64 out the *****!

M&M's galore.

Go Tony!

Puddin' Head...

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad- I'm sure am glad I re-read your post. I was about to send you a pic of the FAMILY JEWELS! :omg::omg: :rolaugh::rolaugh: :omg::omg:

Anyway, my favorite is the white/green FLY car (2nd shelf down). Ebay ~70 bucks.

4624DSC00392.JPG

Sam Vipeme Brasile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mind would be the picture below, this was given to me by a co-worker several years ago for Christmas. It's on display im my curio cabinet and the the reaction from friends that come over and see this special gift don't realize what it is at first, but when they do the first thing they ask is that a roll of toilet paper? I say yes, but not just an regular roll a unique one at that.
Look closley she printed my license plate (VIPEME) in red and green, so festive for the holidays. No she didn't print the whole roll just enough so it looked like it was.
Kind-a-corny

Sam

PA250081.JPG

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two 1:18 jewels:

And their 1:1 counterparts:

Latest posts

Forum statistics